It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/21/12: What would YOU do....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have faith, I despise religion. As long as their beliefs parallel close to mine I'd be good.

I'll be damn glad to quit my job, no use making auto glass when I'm sure they've got something a tad bit stronger/safer.

Gather my immediate family, and see about borrowing a ride to explore the planet. Just the randomness of going anywhere on the planet and enjoy it would truly be amazing. Every ancient structure, historical place.

Then ask to see all the information I was apparently deemed unworthy of knowing my entire life. I'm sure many people would have some explaining to do.

Would be a great day.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'd hope that mercenaries on the street would organize a hunt to get every member of the westborough baptist church to be locked up -- until the aliens left.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I would try to fly and enjoy the rest of my lucid dream.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would hope that there would be peaceful communication between us and move forward to the next step. what ever that would be. But Im not real confidant that that is even a possibility, alien thing.. there really isnt any proof

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
First of all, they would have to have clearance from the us to fly in our no fly zones.... just kidding.... I probilly would be like, finally, we know the truth, but my luck, they would come in peace, and then eat us or use our brains. But I think religion would be thrown out the window.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
See im brainwashed by the bluebeam theory at the moment. So I would take proper precautions and arm myself to the teeth...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
to me it would be proof that human life is not special and we are just random so it would make my killing spree much much easier on the conscience...

on other hand, id probably still be online not caring really.

personally If aliens showed up now it wouldnt make me excited or go OMG!@#@!# id say "meh" and log back into my online game or something.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I would cry my eyes out and praise WHATEVER that I am here to be a part of this. I'd even be excited if they were shooting laser guns at us! HOW COOL! Honestly! It would be an amazing time in our civilization's history, and if they are peaceful, we will probably be unite as a species as well. Many say that we need to get along before we get along with ET's, but I think a peaceful ET visit would be incredibly inspiring in the human quest for world peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I would hunker down inside my home, I would make some popcorn. I would wait and see what comes of it and enjoy the show.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I would ask them questions like : "where are you from?" "how do you work your ships?" "do you have special powers/abilites?" "what do you eat?" "what is family like for you?" "what's really out there?" "are there other races of aliens?" Assuming there were friendly and come in peace, I would be very excited to get to know them and learn from them.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shell310

You are already running before you can walk..
As soon as the Media is free to report it will be the day of Megga Celebrations..

Deenmng the human race to be unworthy is a fine place to start..

In answer to the question id put the kettle on and watch the greatest show ever to be seen in my lifetime..
I believe an envelope of calmness would fall over our planet..
Many tears of joy will be shed..
The Cabalists wouldnt hang around long
That day is fast approaching..

Love and light to all ATS readers
Regards
Plazmuh

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I strongly feel that they will come first after we have initiated it. They are visitors, and visitors do not break open a window or a door so they can trespass into the home of a family that MIGHT want to see them. We are in the process of expanding our consciousness and awareness to a global level. In this process, or after, we will also achieve universal consciousness. At this level, the people of the earth would welcome the guardian races of the galaxy for communication and learning. As a whole, we are NOT at this level yet, we are still maturing and learning.

This is how I see it. If aliens would land here before the world are ready for it, it could only mean bad news for us all. In my mind, they would probably not be aliens at all, and I would have nothing to do with them or their commands.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

As a Non-Christian, i could easily guess what Christians would say...

"Its the Devil"...

You've heard about how they killed the one they worship...not even God coming down and saying "I'm God" would make them believe its God...

As a spiritual person connected to the creator (which i am, i just don't follow a book), I'd say..

"Lets get prepared in case they aren't actually peaceful. I'd have a meeting with my family and agree on a survival plan just in case"...

Other than that I'd be open to any possible scenario

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Here is a very serious question I would like to pose to my friends here on ATS.

Keep an open mind. I am not pushing for one specific answer or another. I am curious only.

Hypothetically, on the morning of 12/21/12, we make first contact with an alien species, who, descended to earth in a fantastic space ship.

The aliens communicate somehow GLOBALLY, in a language understood by all, and state, "We come in peace..."

What would you do?

If you were strongly religious (ANY religion)?

If you were agnostic?

If you were an atheist?

I would (in order):

1. Ask myself, "Does this planet have anything which this species might want or need?"
2. Ask myself, "If so, why haven't they destroyed us already, with their vastly superior technology and simply taken what they want."
3. Tell everyone, "I told you so".
4. Figure out how to write "Please, don't probe my anus or subject me to medical experimentation" in the native alien script and get it engraved on a MedAlert bracelet.
5. Proceed with caution... we shouldn't take the aliens word at face value. They may have lobbyists in which case they would most assuredly be lying to the global population.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienones
First of all, they would have to have clearance from the us to fly in our no fly zones.... just kidding.... I probilly would be like, finally, we know the truth, but my luck, they would come in peace, and then eat us or use our brains. But I think religion would be thrown out the window.

Our brains are of no use. They are so inferior that huge segments of our population believe in various forms of religion.

Clearly and evolutionary defect.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
The aliens communicate somehow GLOBALLY, in a language understood by all, and state, "We come in peace..."

What would you do? [COLOR=CYAN] OBSERVE W/ AN OPEN CONSCIOUS [/COLOR]

If you were strongly religious (ANY religion)? [COLOR=CYAN] I FOLLOW ALL RELIGIONS AND WAS TAUGHT FROM SEED PHASE WITH THE BIBLE - SO 1 WOULD EXPECT ANY INTELLIGENT OFF WORLDERS TO UNDERSTAND MY COMPASSIONS ABOUT ALL* RELIGIONS AND THEIR POSITVE GOALS AND INFLUENCES ON SOME OF THE EA*RTH HERD [/COLOR]

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Ok. As a Diest, it would not affect any kind of issues that I am aware of. Diests are not all "the world is flat and Jesus is my savior" kind of people. We don't all believe that the world was made in 4004 BC on October 23rd at 10:00 in the morning. The whole idea is a lot deeper than the superficial interpretation atheists would like to place on us because they are sio simplistic in their own thinking.

A Diest has no good reason to suppose that we Homo sapiens are special or unique. In other words, I would sit on the sidelines with everyone else, atheists and Diests alike, and wonder what was next. I would fervently hope, along with my athesist bretheren, that if they said they were her to serve mankind that they were not talking about a cookbook.

You spelled your own religion wrong four separate times.

It's "Deist"

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
[color=cyan]
Also 1 acknowledges the ANNUNAKI influences upon EA*RTH from LORD ENLIL and LORD ENKI so they are basically the GODS many pray too of EA*RTH and if its them who makes first CURRENT DATE CONTACT AND NOT IMPOSTERS then they should FEEL and have FELT all the PRAYERS and distrust done by the overlords of current and should understand the DEEP connections many have for religions. To add.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Offer them a shot of goose, loosen them up bit
"Alcohol is the ultimate friend maker"

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
uhhhh why does ones religion dictate a response from aliens?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join