It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/21/12: What would YOU do....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Here is a very serious question I would like to pose to my friends here on ATS.

Keep an open mind. I am not pushing for one specific answer or another. I am curious only.

Hypothetically, on the morning of 12/21/12, we make first contact with an alien species, who, descended to earth in a fantastic space ship.

The aliens communicate somehow GLOBALLY, in a language understood by all, and state, "We come in peace..."

What would you do?

If you were strongly religious (ANY religion)?

If you were agnostic?

If you were an atheist?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
nothing i could do...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
atheist here

i probably wouldn't be anything, just live my life as i normally would, just because they come in peace doesn't mean they want to help us. how would we know they are lying when they say they're peaceful?

i wouldn't quit my job because maybe they wont help us, and i wouldn't hide in a hole because they can already travel the galaxy, im pretty sure they can take out our planet.

hope this helps in whatever way it can

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I guess I am actually more curious from those who are diests ... specifically, those who are christian, muslim, and jews.

If all that you have ever known, believed, or otherwise, practiced, all of a sudden was wiped out by a "First Contact" with an extraterrestrial being, would it mean acceptance for you? Would you end your life? Would you lose your mind?

link   
Well there really isn't much we could do but accept it.

Firstly I would pinch myself just to make sure I'm not dreaming then truly hope that their agenda truly is peaceful
I'm not a very religious person so Aliens making themselves known would not conlict with me on a spiritual level at all.
It would be very fascinating to see how the world Governments react.
It would also be funny seeing fanatic religious people trying to provide an explanation as well.

eg. The pope would most likely conjure up some story about how these Aliens are actually Demons or someother bullsh*t

Nonetheless it would make life more exciting thats for sure.

link   
Id be curious what they knew about the nature of the universe,

and id be curious if they had any advice for us and our endeavors.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would come to ATS to read the latest conspiracy theories.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

lol ats the new facebook in 12/2012?

i think so

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I think if the scenario you described happened....the last thing on anyone's mind would be....."How would my religion want me to act "?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

What would you do?

I would telepathically demand them to hand over the keys to one of their flying saucers so that I could go for a joy-ride in it.

But since most, if not all of the flying saucers and "UFOs" that we see are man-made from us earthlings, that would never occur anyways. (I am STILL waiting to see a video or a photo confirming that these unidentified craft are being PILOTED by "aliens" and not just ordinary Air Force pilots who are ordinary MEN.)

Too bad, as a joy-ride would be nice. Them lucky fellas in the Air Force!!!

Oh well.
edit on 11-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What could one do? Run and hide or gaze in amazement. I really don't think your scenario has to be about 12/21/12, but just a giant ship coming down.
I heard somewhere that the Native Americans acted as if they could not see the Europeans tall masted ships because they willed themselves, out of disbelief, to not see them. Maybe I'ld act like it was the giant gorilla in the room and pretend I wasn't seeing it.

More than likely I would verbalize and then act. That is, yell "Crap" and then actually do it.
edit on 073131p://03America/Chicago11 by Tinman67 because: wording

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Dance, do the robbot, space-walk whilst yelling loudly to all the people I know.............

"TOLD YOU SO NAHNNAH NAH NAHNAH!!" or words to that affect I can't really put on here.......

Would feel totaly smug as f...............

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If they come in peace then I would want to learn from them. Imagine the truths you could learn in just one sitting with anyone intelligent enough to visit from the stars and communicate with you telepathically?

Plug me in. I'm ready for an upgrade.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I would think Project Bluebeam has finally come to pass and would be very skeptical.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I definently wouldnt believe they came in peace. I would try to find a place and hide out for awhile. Assuming that before they announced themselves they did research on us and know how violent we can get.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

have you ever had a conversation with an ant?

i doubt it. probably the same deal with aliens that can casually travel the galaxy/ universe.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ok. As a Diest, it would not affect any kind of issues that I am aware of. Diests are not all "the world is flat and Jesus is my savior" kind of people. We don't all believe that the world was made in 4004 BC on October 23rd at 10:00 in the morning. The whole idea is a lot deeper than the superficial interpretation atheists would like to place on us because they are sio simplistic in their own thinking.

A Diest has no good reason to suppose that we Homo sapiens are special or unique. In other words, I would sit on the sidelines with everyone else, atheists and Diests alike, and wonder what was next. I would fervently hope, along with my athesist bretheren, that if they said they were her to serve mankind that they were not talking about a cookbook.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

What would you do?

I tell you what... I would be on ATS ALOT more than I am on now.

I would be looking for information anywhere other from the MSM. The MSM are so yesterday.

I would be fascinated by strange new beings making contact with us.

Even if it were a false flag and fake, it would still be very interesting and I would be glued to alternative media.

Speaking of that I'm almost out of popcorn I better stock up !

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I don't think our idiot "leaders" would allow an alien craft close enough to declare they come in peace.

It's your thread so saying they did I would cautiously accept them. I hope something like this happens one day.

Oh and I would totally ask for a ride in a spaceship. Maybe they would even let me fly one!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'd throw a Big Party and say 'Welcome Home'. Don't know what I'd give them to eat though?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join