It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The newbie who survived WPI shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I did a google search, and then clicked a slew of links, and somehow ended up on the boards here

I wanted a semi-anonymous way to share my story. I don't mean anonymous as in... I am hiding, but more like I would prefer the people around me not to know I am talking about certain things.
Along those lines, I have been looking for a good way to do that. Make some new online persona - so I can post my writings, my rants, my photos and random nonsense... without the people I know being able to easily find it.

I just want to be able to be free and open without worrying about some search finding things floating around there and easily associated with my name/ID.

Any good ideas out there? Or anyone willing to help me out with this? I want to be some anonymous voice that actually gets heard. I want to get everything out there... without dealing with who I might offend by blabbing all the truth they try so hard to hide.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PittKitty

It's very easy to set up a site of any sort or combination of many sorts using the tools at wix.com. You can try it for free, keep it free, or upgrade to have your own preferred www.whateveryouwant.com

You can also always set up a blog at any of the many blogger outlets easy found by doing a search on Google.

To be 'anonymous' simply set up an email address under any pseudonym and made up name you want at Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, or any other free online email hosting service.

After setting up the email account, you can even have a whole Facebook dedicated to this new persona. Your real self can even 'friend' your anonymous fake self profile on FB.

Use your imagination. Have fun with it.
I recommend against using your anonymity down to the lowest common denominator. Do something good with it.
Samuel Clemens wrote as Mark Twain. He wasn't the first to use a different name than his own.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...I look forward to your posts....

What is WPI shooting

Des
edit on 11-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Welcome

As long as you reveal no personal information, you are anonymous here

Here is some info to help you have the best experience here....

Remember, this forum is just for new member introductions, not topical discussions. You will have to make 20 contributing posts before you can do that.

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

The most important, please fully read: Terms & Conditions

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Signature Guidelines

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

Have a good time and ask any questions you may have on how to get around ATS

edit on March 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Heck, my ID/persona is several layers deep. You may find the first couple of layers, but beyond that, I dont exist.

Hee hee.

Are you talking about the shooting on Friday in Pittsburgh?

Welcome to ATS -- you can be anyone you want to be!

BTW -- I am from "the 'burgh..."
edit on 11-3-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PittKitty

Welcome.
I used to work for the Evil Empire so nothing would surprise me.
I'll be looking for your post on what happened.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi welcome.

Is this your introduction? I am ready to read some of your threads so I hope you get through the 20 post thing quickly.

What is the WPI shooting?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Welcome!!

Since I didn't know what WPI shooting was . . . I Googled it.

This thread came up as number 3. So much for privacy!!

Seriously though, get to your 20th post and tell us about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't even try to hide stuff anymore, but if you feel you must... kudos to you for still trying to tell your story.

I'm sure several are anxious to hear it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Err... since I have not gone through all the specifics on this board, I am guessing you can't do a search to find my replies to the post that brought me here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
WPI = Western Psychiatric Institute
I need someone bored enough to get me started on the right path with the anonymous writing goal I have. I can never start a project on my own - I have too much shtuff constantly running around my head, and it is impossible to figure out where/how to start things.

Speak of the devil - local news just came on and the first story was about a vigil for the person killed, other than the gunman, in the WPI shooting. 25 year old "good guy" who just got engaged last month, and who was a therapist at the hospital. *continuing to watch the story* Yeah, nothing new said.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PittKitty
Err... since I have not gone through all the specifics on this board, I am guessing you can't do a search to find my replies to the post that brought me here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
WPI = Western Psychiatric Institute
I need someone bored enough to get me started on the right path with the anonymous writing goal I have. I can never start a project on my own - I have too much shtuff constantly running around my head, and it is impossible to figure out where/how to start things.

Speak of the devil - local news just came on and the first story was about a vigil for the person killed, other than the gunman, in the WPI shooting. 25 year old "good guy" who just got engaged last month, and who was a therapist at the hospital. *continuing to watch the story* Yeah, nothing new said.

I don't understand, how can someone else write your story for you if you have to uhhhh... type it to them?

I'm not sure if I understood that last part. Are you wanting someone to call you?

why don't you just use audio?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Here's a brilliant Idea. Why dont you start at what you witnessed during the WPI shooting. Simple enough

But I guess you did that on the other thread. SO, uh. Welcome to ATS?
edit on 11-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I don't understand, how can someone else write your story for you if you have to uhhhh... type it to them?

I'm not sure if I understood that last part. Are you wanting someone to call you?

why don't you just use audio?

No. I meant I needed help setting up a good method for my semi-anonymous speaking. I always start a blog, join some typical "listen to me" random writing community of sorts, and then I get distracted.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
hi - the problem is that you say you are a survivor of the WPI shooting - by this statement i assume you were in the building at the time of the incident , yes ?

i assume this is the case - because , to be petantic - i am a survivor of the WPI shooting too - i survived because i was furtunate enough to be 3500 miles away at the time

so - having established that you were in the building - that narrows down the range of possible people you could be to a number

any narrative you supply - narrows which one of that orgroup of origional occupants of the building you could be

such innoculous statements as :

" i was sitting at my desk when " revealsa that you are a member of staff

other minor details -like i heard screams from down the stairs " reveals that you were above the inncident when it started

or hearing the warning to " hide hide " puts ypu in a specific range

such details are useless to people like me - with no access to official files or any connection to WPI

but a few inconsequential details from your story - like the examples i cite above - allow a person with intimate familiarity with the case to quickly whittle down the number of people you could be to a number they can count on one hand

even such things as revealing your gender eliminates approxamatly 50% of the possible candidates

but the real issue IMHO is - will revealing your identity put you in any jepardy ??????

my opinion is no , UNLESS

your story is slanderous or libelous in critizising a person or organisation

your story reveals details you withheld from investigating authorities

so - looking at it realistically - what do you really have to loose ?
edit on 12-3-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yep, youve already revealed a great deal......
However your revelations are safe with me......
Glad to have you aboard...I do hope you manage to get your rants, and thoughts, and story out.....
.....after you do your twenty,,,,(posts that is...)
Will be watching for your threads.....
Peace ................s

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The things I have to say relate to many other things. I don't want to hide from the PUBLIC - I want to hide from the people who actually know me. Hence using a pseudonym that people I know can't quickly figure out and ID me.

I do not look forward to trying to "talk about it" with a new therapist I am being sent to, so I still need someplace to rant away without fear of my family and (one of only a few) friends seeing what I am saying.

I do not really have to say bad things, or things that will get me in trouble or even piss others off, but much of my life is full of chit that other people prefer not to remember. Unlike my family, I was not born with the "pretend it never happened and it's all good" self-preservation technique on auto-drive. I have memory loss from the hypoxia 2 years ago, but for some reason I still remember some of the worst things in my life - and not much of the good. I hate that.

After all my shtuff in my life, not many people have stuck around me long. I do not have many people to talk to anymore - and sure as hell have nobody who can come close to even relating to anything I might have to say. Thus saying it all without directly IDing myself seems a good way to go.

Kinda sucks... I have my own domain sitting around gathering dust. If I had the attention span needed to do so, I would set up a blog-like thingie on it and use that. I just... can't figure out where to start or what to do. How do you explain it... umm... ADD + boatloads of medications + sick-as-hell + lacking sleep + the task of trying to put up a website = IMPOSSIBLE!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
See... no need to hide myself from everyone, only those I actually know. See... that is a picture of me! Hrm... do I look better as that chick from "name the horror movie of your choice since there are several with chicks with long hair covering their faces" or would I be better using my belly picture?

top topics

join