It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A black sphere next to the sun on mars 11 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by pitchdragon

this is just incredible we never see this before... this is the first time since The Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) was launched

Not exactly. Unless I misunderstand.
SDO was launched in February of 2010.

Well first time I have seen it... did you post this spectacular item for us before and we missed it?

Or did you just now look it up on google like the rest of us did?

I strongly suspect the latter

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No.
I looked at the article to which Pitchdragon was referring. The one posted earlier.

I didn't say I'd ever seen it. I said that this particular event was not the first time the phenomenon had been observed as Pitchdragon seemed to believe.

edit on 3/13/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here is my two cents

It has been seen before. there are a few similar pictures to show just that in previous posts.

My problem with the whole "oh it's an explained phenomenon" and "our scientists postulate that it is an amalgamation of space dust coming to life" and "magnetic pole CME type event".

well... how many people actually went there to check it out. none..that is how many. they can all look out the ocular end of a telescope or the monitor, depending on the observatory i guess, they can all theorise and look at data and do the math. but the fact of the matter is.. they don't have a friggen clue whatsoever.

It could be a space bound biosphere stopping for a picnic for all we know of the truth.

All I'm saying is never stop thinking "what if" because sometimes, things are PROVEN true one day, are PROVEN wrong the other...

last time I check the earth was a sphere, not a pancake...

cheers all

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

The flat earth concept was viable when people did not travel far. Surveyors still use that model when laying out a plot of land.

The problem here is that there is all sorts of wild eyed speculation based on not understanding what is being viewed.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi,

According to this link of the site Life's little mysteries this is:

However, according to NASA scientists, the feature is actually a little-understood, but frequently observed, type of solar activity called a "prominence," and the way it is situated beneath another solar feature gives it its otherworldy appearance.

C. Alex Young, a solar astrophysicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center who runs a website called The Sun Today, explained that the prominence is situated below a tunnel-shape feature called a filament channel. "When you look at it from the edge of the sun, what you actually see is a spherical object. You're actually looking down the tunnel. And this tunnel sits up top of the filament," Young explained at The Sun Today. He added that the development of these structures is quite common. But why is the prominence dark? Gurman explained that all the light in the SDO images is the same color — a specific wavelength that is emitted by iron atoms that have been ionized 13 times, known as Fe XIV. The dark filament seen in the images (the refueling UFO's "tether," according to YouTube users) is a part of the prominence that happens to absorb light of this color, making it appear dark. "The absorption is typically seen in lines such as Fe XIV only in the thinnest, densest parts of the prominence, which is here seen edge-on as it rotates over the solar limb," he said

The thread extending from the lower left edge of the sun in the video is known as a "prominence," a feature containing cooler, denser plasma than the surrounding 3.5-million-degree Fahrenheit corona, said Joseph Gurman, project scientist in the Solar Physics Laboratory at NASA Goddard. It isn't yet known exactly how prominences develop, but these dense plasma loops can extend from the sun's surface thousands of miles into space. "When prominences are that extended in height above the limb [edge of the sun], it's usually a sign that they're about to erupt, as this one did," Gurman told Life's Little Mysteries.

see the link for full article...

Any thoughts?

Edit: They have this picture also, but i guess its not from the same moment.. right?

edit on 13-3-2012 by quelmarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Not trying to go off topic here by no means but why does that SOHO image look like a dvd??
or is the purpose of the way it is to show whats around the sun for better viewing?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AvireX

It is a coronagraph image. A coronagraph has a disk which blocks the sun itself so that the corona can be observed.
spaceweather.com...

edit on 3/13/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted but that doesn't mean anything--if already done, sorry.

Video explanation to illustrate what others have said

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
hello i was looking video on YouTube and i find this one

i was surprise and i could not figure it out, what is this giant black sphere next to the sun and this filament between them, if some of you have an idea ?
most of time I'm not impressed and most of time there is a good explanation but this time I'm scratching my head !

i search for it in ats i did not find any thread talking about !

In case no one has posted this closeup, I'm doing so.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The picture is truly amazing, wow. Thank you for showing that.

I don't think it's anything suspicious, but I'm no expert. If that thing were a "ship" of some sort - it'd be freakin' massive!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To me it looks like a sun behind our sun is stealing mass. a blue straggler? or perhaps a close black hole was, kinda oddd when you factor in the huge coronal hole yesterday

he mysterious origins of the stellar version of vampires — stars that apparently drain life away from other stars to look young — may just have been solved, scientists revealed. Blue stragglers are oddball stars that seem to lag or straggle in age behind the ancient neighbors with which they formed. Instead, they appear inexplicably hotter, and thus younger and bluer. Astronomers have debated for decades as to why blue stragglers don't show their age. It's been hypothesized that they must have come across extra hydrogen fuel that helped them burn hotter, but it was uncertain whether they did so by merging with other stars, colliding with victims or stealing hydrogen from companions. [ Top 10 Star Mysteries ] "People have been trying to explain the origin of blue stragglers since their discovery in 1953," said study lead author Aaron Geller, an astronomer at Northwestern University. Now researchers have evidence that blue stragglers are indeed cannibals that rip fuel off their neighbors.

Blue straggler origin debate However, although their findings account for most of the blue stragglers in NCG 188, the researchers do note a few might have been created by other methods. For instance, two of the blue stragglers in binary systems likely had other kinds of encounters, and potentially collisions, with other stars at some point, Geller said. In addition, five of the 21 blue stragglers analyzed apparently did not have companions, and "we do not have enough data on the blue stragglers that currently appear to be single to say where they come from," he added. "It is likely that multiple formation mechanisms are response for producing the full blue straggler population in the cluster," Geller said. The researchers will now use the Hubble Space Telescope to search for ultraviolet light from these hidden companions, to confirm if they are indeed white dwarfs.

just a thought

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sweet! thanks for the info!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

thank you since two days i learn a lot of think but with this video now i could talk about the coronal cavity

this is what i was looking for, somone who explain me what is it and how it works ...

so thank you again and thank you for all the contributor of this thread...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

I can tell you what that is now, its the stargate universe ship destiny recharging

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
delete
edit on 14-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I watched a piece on black holes. While they are not visible themselves, they are detectable by the debris spinning around them, and so is the debris coming from the star or planet being ripped apart. Could this be the case? I think the black spot is only detectable because the sun's rays are surrounding it, making it show up. The filament could be the beginning of the black hole's ripping effect? God what an awful thought. But it keeps coming to mind, and it has me worried. I'm not losing sleep over it, but it's always there in the back of my mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was in a hurry to post my thoughts on this before I go to bed; and I had not ready our comment. I am really glad I read yours. That you mentioned black holes, really gave me a cold chill. This is really intriguing stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My view on it is, it is a solar protuberance, has happened and will happen, no effect on us other than whatever may come. No Nibiru, no Mothership.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hello everybody, I was very fascinated by this video also, I did some investigation and found a program with which you can download the images from the SDO and do all kinds of modifications to the images:

www.jhelioviewer.org...

I downloaded it and searched until I found the images to check the full anomally which lasted about 4 days. The video is legitimate, you can check yourselves. Download from March 8th, 2012 to March 13th, 2012 at 10 min a frame from the AIA 171 and you can see it in all it's splendor.

I don't know what it is, but it looks very cool. It only apears in that spectrum, AIA 171 (1million degrees Kelvin) if you download the other spectrums, the so called sphere isn't there.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hello Everybody, I finally took the time to download and make the full sequence video I talked about in the previous post so you can see the full phenomenon:

I will also make one with the other filters so you can see that the sphere isn't there.

My opinion is that it is a natural phenomenon.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join