It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Canadian Military Preparing For Iran

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   


Canada’s military is preparing for all possibilities involving Iran, according to Defence Minister Peter MacKay.

“We are pursuing every diplomatic means, but he fact remains we have to be prepared for what may come and that's something the national defence department takes very seriously,” MacKay said in an a one-on-one interview with Sun News Network set to air on Sunday. “We are always planning, always preparing.”



www.calgarysun.com...

I'm sure one on one, Iran would wipe Canada out...
Thankfully we have our brothers to the south.

I just sincerely hope when Israel attacks Iranian Nuclear Sites, that's it and no retaliation just like Iraq in 81 and Syria in 07




posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting. Makes you wonder whats REALLY being talked about upstairs...



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i thought about moving to canada. canada are the swiss of north america. great people dont bother any one. and there bacon is good to boot.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The same phrasing was used by U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Herbert Carlisle in the following article.

Defense News Article/Pentagon Prep


Meanwhile the U.S is offering Isreal special weaponry to delay the strike on Iran. It's on! But when?

Defense News/US Offer

Which they now have.

Defense News/Isreals Bunker Buster

The timing is all too convenient. My guess is that this will happen before the suggested 2013 date given.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
i thought about moving to canada. canada are the swiss of north america. great people dont bother any one. and there bacon is good to boot.


well your welcome up here anytime, we got lots of land as long as you can bear the cold

as for this article i am quite blown back yet not too surprised since this is the harper gov.

to any non-canadians harper does not represent us

i found out the other day that someone from the university of calgary is an attendee of the bohemian grove and im gonna be taking his class next year :O



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN



Canada’s military is preparing for all possibilities involving Iran, according to Defence Minister Peter MacKay.

“We are pursuing every diplomatic means, but he fact remains we have to be prepared for what may come and that's something the national defence department takes very seriously,” MacKay said in an a one-on-one interview with Sun News Network set to air on Sunday. “We are always planning, always preparing.”



www.calgarysun.com...

I'm sure one on one, Iran would wipe Canada out...
Thankfully we have our brothers to the south.

I just sincerely hope when Israel attacks Iranian Nuclear Sites, that's it and no retaliation just like Iraq in 81 and Syria in 07


On the one hand Iran is evil enough to use a nuclear weapon on Israel...and on the other hand your hopes still lie in that Iran will not retaliate against an act of war by Israel.

My question to you..if Iran is willing to use nuclear weapon on Israel..that would be suicide right? Not found anyone that would disagree with this..perhaps you?

If they are willing to commit suicide ..why do they need a nuclear weapon? They could attack Israel now with everything... if themselves being destroyed means nothing to them.

Not saying that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons capability..but if even so...they are no more likely to use them than any other country..and less likely than the only country to use them on another nation.

Peace



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I'm sure one on one, Iran would wipe Canada out...
Thankfully we have our brothers to the south.


I do not agree with your comment here. Believe it or not, Canada is quite militarily capable within the global community, considering its relatively low expenditures. Furthermore, conflicts such as these never remain "one on one", so to say Canada would be wiped out is quite naive.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
wasnt the top sniper / sniper shot canadian?



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN
 





Thankfully we have our brothers to the south.


I don't understand this statement. We wouldn't have much to worry about if the Southern Bros would stop poking the bear.

IMO

Peace



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


yeah im in the south and i cant agree more



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps
 


He was. A US Marine beat it recently.

As far as this article, of course we are preparing. There is a lot of tension with Iran right now and PM Harper has openly stated we will back Israel. No one that pays attention should be very surprised by this. We also prepare for war with lots of other countries and scenarios. It would be stupid not to.

It's anew era and we aren't peace keepers anymore. We are an offensive weapon to be used by NATO. If it kicks off with Iran, and I firmly believe it will, we will be in the vangaurd, out front, as we have been in plenty of conflicts over the years.

We may be small in numbers but ask anyone who has served beside Canadians in combat what they think of them. There is a reason that IFOR/NATO felt comfortable with letting us take the lead in Helmand and Kandahar, the heart of taliban support and operations for almost six years while ground troops were used elsewhere in Iraq. It wasn't because we wouldn't hold our own.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
its a shame canada has been dragged into this crap i hope the u.k keeps out of it



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Remember how people talked like Afghanistan and Iraq were evil and going to use WOMDs unless we attack them?

same thing with Iran, regardless of who attacks Iran it will be Preemptive, and a False flag attack since Iran simply doesnt have the WOMDs that USA Israel and others do, abound.

The irony of it all, world bully system and propaganda to 'boot'.




posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is all garbage and you all know it here........makes me fume big time.
We (Canada) went to Afghanistan via American transports and our tanks were rented from Germany for frick sakes!

Don't believe me? Goggle is your friend and maybe your enemy depending on your view of things here.



Lets cut the crap as far as Canadian troops go and let the war hungry nations kill each other.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 11-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789
 


heck no we have the french for that kidding im part french. yeah its not a matter of if an when, its picking sides for the dodge ball match time, or dig a hole and hide if you cant pick. im glad im on the same side as canada. dosnt mean im not weeping for us all in this big C F
edit on 11-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i think any Canadian chicken hawks ought to be first in line on the line
hiel Harper and jilted Mckay and any Israeli firster should go first
for you
read someone who has been there
maybe you'll get a clue
xXxinfidelxXx

I understand Iran like afghanistan has children that need ashootin
and resources that need a stealin
quick while they are unarned and lookin the other way

Ps iraq worked out so well
maybe the WMDs that were never there are at YOUR house
Wimpy Mindless Drones
you can guess what the s stands for yourself
edit on 11-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Yup we did because, as far as equipment went, we weren't ready for a desert conflict. We showed up in our greens for the first little while while our gov got some procurement done to outfit and equip us. Didn't stop us doing what needed to be done. We were woefully under equipped and under funded because of over a decade of cuts while Paul Martin and Jean Chretien tried to rid us of our deficit. Since we were peacekeepers at the time, the military was an easy target for cuts.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by omegacorps
 


He was. A US Marine beat it recently.

As far as this article, of course we are preparing. There is a lot of tension with Iran right now and PM Harper has openly stated we will back Israel. No one that pays attention should be very surprised by this. We also prepare for war with lots of other countries and scenarios. It would be stupid not to.

It's anew era and we aren't peace keepers anymore. We are an offensive weapon to be used by NATO. If it kicks off with Iran, and I firmly believe it will, we will be in the vangaurd, out front, as we have been in plenty of conflicts over the years.

We may be small in numbers but ask anyone who has served beside Canadians in combat what they think of them. There is a reason that IFOR/NATO felt comfortable with letting us take the lead in Helmand and Kandahar, the heart of taliban support and operations for almost six years while ground troops were used elsewhere in Iraq. It wasn't because we wouldn't hold our own.


My Father would be ashamed to read such drivel as you posted above, If he were alive today he would give you a good lecture on the evils of war and how no good comes of it at all.
He always said the peons die for the lords, and yes I do have all his medals from the war and his helmet too for that matter.

The only thing he got out of the war was a tolerance to seeing death up close and he also gave up almost 6 of his best and youngest years just to learn that.

It changed him for life and he said as much.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
if this conflict got bad enough in the near future, they would be able to conscript you and me, no questions asked, then next thing we know we're on Iran's western border awaiting orders to move in.


we are an Israeli-American-UK proxy, we aren't our own nation, if we were, and we actually followed in what we believe, like human rights and all that crap, then we would have isolated ourselves where we could be totally self-relient with all of the stuff we have in Canada, yet we continue to stroll along the war path for our money masters.

this time around I doubt we would send a small 2500 man force...



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I have five generations of my family that have fought, are fighting and have died for this country. You don't have to tell me about what it does to people, I have plenty of experience in that department. I have heard the stories, I have seen the tears and I have witnessed what it does to your mind. I don't need you or your father to tell me about what war does to people. Thanks though.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join