It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's OK to Lie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
How many lies does it take for someone to lose credibility, in other peoples eyes? 1, 2, 3, or more.

If a person in your personal, or business life kept lying to you would you want them around your family, and permanently in your lives?

Whether people are Democratic or Republican, do they actually take a step back and see how the presidents, over the past 30+ years, have blatantly lied to them?

FYI, I'm not singling Obama out, but I picked this video because Obama is the current president, commander and chief of the USA, the highest office in the land.

Is our society so insecure that we need to keep believing the same broken promises told to us?

I personally want to believe that the masses are awakening, but when I stand in line, at the bank, store, or just listen to people rant about politics here on ATS it really makes me wonder.

And what's more amazing is that someone here on ATS, will completely ignore my statements and make this topic a partisan issue and somehow shift the blame, only reaffirming my claim about "Blind Ignorance"

When does it end?

edit on 11-3-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I agree with you but lets step outside our shoes for a moment.

All Presidents are told that they must lie to people as people are receptive to those lies.

So the question should be turned around to the people - why do people want to hear lies when they claim to want to hear the truth?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Besides presidents really dont have control of anything. Theyre just congresses puppets...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have two words to summarize what's happening on the topic...

Stockholm Syndrome.

an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Politicians use lies to cover up the truth, artists use them to tell the truth- v for vendetta

I honestly wonder the same thing. Is the truth really that hard to see? Or is it fear of the truth that keeps the blind blind. What stops people from questioning?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I really have come to the opinion that those whose eyes are open, whose ears are listening and whose tongues taste the bitterness of the truth will not budge the average person who is blissfully willing to remain ignorant.

Bread and circuses keep the masses calm and controllable. So much so that when terrible truths are put right out in front of them, they turn away and wonder who's on Dancing with the Stars tonight???

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I watched the first video and not the others. He got us home from Iraq. He never said he would bring us home from Afganistan he actually said he would focus on afganistan to get Bin Laden and he did that too. So right off the bat your post loses credibility. Bad subject to be your first illustration of him lieing.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by krazyiven
Besides presidents really dont have control of anything. Theyre just congresses puppets...

Agreed.

So they are just puppets, but the majority of the people believe what the puppets are saying.

It's utter insanity, if people take the time to step back, and look in from the outside they might have a clue.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I watched the first video and not the others. He got us home from Iraq. He never said he would bring us home from Afganistan he actually said he would focus on afganistan to get Bin Laden and he did that too.

I am going to agree with you on the first video, since I am non-partisan. First video removed.

He was very ambiguous in his speech, so it could be twisted in many ways.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Can you name a president who hasn't made promises they have broken?

The president does not have the power to do the things they promised. Whether they know that beforehand, or not, is debatable.

The president just provides an illusion of change. We are really in a dictatorship of corporate/capitalist interests. The whole drama 'reality play' of modern politics is nothing but a distraction. Social issues have been politicized, polarized, in order to more easily control peoples thoughts and interests. If peoples interests lie in two easily defined parameters, it makes it far more easy for the state to control the direction of society. What people have generally thought to have brought them freedom, has in fact done the opposite. Social control through psychological methods works more efficiently than with guns.

The whole reason we got Obama is because the Bush presidency was a little too close to reality (Capitalist oil interests abound). They had to do something radically opposite in order to again distract from the reality of what the government/presidency is. If we had another Bush type presidency, too many people may have started making the connections. Now it's back to just fringe "conspiracy theorists" lol. (and that is my theory)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Please don't make logical sense here on ATS, some people may have a meltdown.

Thanks for the insightful response Anok, as always.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

We are conditioned to accept a lie from early childhood by those whom we trust the most. Our parents.
We are told a fat little guy slid down the chimney, and drank milk and cookies, and left presents for us.
At a very young age we do not know we are being lied to. But there are NO innocent lies.
It is a lie. Because it is something that isn't true. there is no in between. Either truth or lie.
Our parents perpetuate the lie several years in a row. then the time comes we grow a little older and accept that this guy [santa] isn't real. We don't even elude to the fact we were deceived and lied to later in life.
Our parents come clean and then tell us it is just an innocent thing as we get older. Trouble is...We learn to do this so well we perpetuate the lie ourselves to our own children. We have learned how to both accept and tell a lie.
Now what does this have to do with our government or our Potus?
Well most of us accepted being deceived and lied to by our own parents at a very early age, then did so again ourselves to our children. Why wouldn't we then accept deceit and lies from someone in control ...just as our parents were in control? Once again. It is up to us to believe a lie. or Reject it.
This is only one example. There are many examples of deceit and lies that we are exposed to growing up..
A lie is simply something that isn't true. so if anything is said that is not true; It is a lie.
It doesn't matter one bit what the lie is...because in the end it is still a lie.
Understanding that a lie can be nothing else but a lie is paramount. So when Potus lies he lies.
DH

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Thanx Realtruth, how's it going?

reply to post by DavidsHope

Basically we are taught, conditioned, to accept authority unquestioningly. State school is the main form of teaching acceptance to authority, any 'higher' power. It's all about creating compliant workers, and consumers, who know enough to argue illusionary politics, but not enough to know it's an illusion. They don't have to lie, they just have to take things out of context, and show things from only one perspective.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Thanx Realtruth, how's it going?

reply to post by DavidsHope

Basically we are taught, conditioned, to accept authority unquestioningly. State school is the main form of teaching acceptance to authority, any 'higher' power. It's all about creating compliant workers, and consumers, who know enough to argue illusionary politics, but not enough to know it's an illusion. They don't have to lie, they just have to take things out of context, and show things from only one perspective.

I do agree on the conditioning as well as the teaching. You are correct: they do not have to lie because they only need to tell half of the story, or show only part of the story (one perspective) but once again, if they know the truth, and present only part of the story or only one perspective knowing the whole thing, then it is something that isn't true..AKA a lie. One can lie by omission as well as commission.
Our conditioning at a very early age is necessary so that we will go through life Eating foods we don't know can kill us, buying burgers with pink slime, watching movies that lead to violence and crime, and believing the MSM when they fail to tell us the truth or omit stories completely. In other words..You are 100% correct.
This is a Good and necessary Thread
edit on 11-3-2012 by DavidsHope because: left out a couple of words

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It think the obvious answer is, yes. In the minds of the morally bankrupt, it is okay to lie, as long as the People allow you to get away with it. We'll find out in November, what the opinion of the People is.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

Oh I always tell the truth ,it's easier than lying and nobody takes you seriously so you can achive by under estimation.It does seem to scare people though.
Besides I couldn't keep track of what lie I had told Whom.No use coming off like an idiot...or a polititian.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You know that your social cultural structure is about to fail, when you have every other poster elaborating on how it is ok for the President on down the constituency ladder to lie.

Oh boy,

No, op, our founding fathers and our grandparents-grandparents would be rolling around in their graves if they knew what this culture has turned into.

It used to be a man's handshake was what sold the deal.

Then it was litigation, and legislation that sold the deal.

Currently, nothing sells the deal unless it has some kind of capital gain. and has to be lied about to be achieved..

Sad day, to be at my age, and observe this generations thoughts, ideologies, and norms, as there are none now

edit on 11-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
When I went to court, they told me hold your right hand up and said do you swear under purgatory etc to tell the truth etc. I held my right hand up while she said that then after she got done I just dropped my hand I didn't say I do or anything I just dropped my hand. The funny thing was the judge didn't even notice I didn't swear to anything. So I was thinking in my head I could just lie my ass off right now because I didn't swear to anything. I didn't lie though well I might of a little

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't hate Mr. Obama, but I have to admit that I literally cannot watch this man on T.V. because it is so obvious that he is lying.....ABOUT EVERYTHING HE TALKS ABOUT!!!!!!!!
In defense of Mr. Obama....EVERY President before him has lied to us, as well as moved us closer to the NWO.
I know this for a fact, Mr. Obama is the right man at the right time. And I don't mean that in a good way.
The s#!+ is about to really hit the fan. You think it's bad now, give a few more months.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I understand your sentiment, but in November, we won't be getting the opinion of the people...whoever is chosen to be POTUS will be chosen by the corporate masters. The people's votes are essentially meaningless in presidential elections. Welcome to the plutocracy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join