It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman breaks into Buckingham Palace(Was this unacceptable?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well alot of us must have heard the news about the father who got into Buckingham Palace and stayed on the edge of the walls for a day in the name of fathers 4 justice.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Well i would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Heres a story from someone i know.(Il call him Bob)

Bob pays �300 a month for child support while his ex-wife lives with her boyfriend in Bobs house whilst Bob is not allowed to see his children he is paying child support for.
He cannot do anything about this whatever the CSA says-goes.

Back to the main topic now.

Was this unacceptable, should he have done this to get publicity for what he is fighting for?

Was this acceptable and there should be more stunts like this because fathers should be able to get fair custody of their children?

Personally i think he was right to do this and more of this type of stunt should be done again and again until something is done about it.

Lets compare this to a sufferagettes(Women allowed to vote) type of thing.

Whats your opinion?

[edit on 21-9-2004 by markjaxson]

[edit on 21-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, I for one, feel bad for the guy. This is my story. I'm here in the states, and I have a 10 year old daughter that I havent seen in 2 years. Her mother decided that when I lost a good job and could no longer afford to pay her that I shouldnt be allowed to see her. She is married and has 2 more daughters with someone else. We were both young when he had her. We soon split, but always got along well. When she became pregnant with her 2nd, her parents made her haul both of us into court, so she wouldnt get screwed.

Mind you, I was paying her when we went to court. She actually apologized to me and didnt want me to think she didnt trust me. Anyways, I was giving her a hundred a week. When we went to court, the judge said with no reciepts, I was in arrears. She told the judge I had been paying, but it made no difference.

So what the court ordered was 75 a week in support and 25 a week for arrears, so nothing changed. Except it took forever her her to get the money. Even though they bricked my checks, her and him moved 4 times in one year, so it took forever to catch up. Finally at one point she asked me if we could go back to me paying her directly. I agreed and started gettin a reciept from her, each week to avoid any problems.

After some time passed, I got laxed in my receipt taking and things went fine. Then, about a year later, I lost my job and couldnt pay her for a bit. The first month she was cool, the second month she started to turn on me. She said she wanted her money before I could see my daughter.

Mind you, I lived alone, I had rent, electic, phone, car, food, etc. And all I had was 2 checks from my job. What could I do? I had started a new job, but it was at less than half what I made before. I couldnt pay my regular bills, let alone that.

Finally I mustered up $250 bucks and I called her. She sounded happy and wanted to know when I would drop it off. I told her saturday around noon, and to have my daughter ready to go. Then she hesitated and said she would have to ask her husband if that would be ok. I hit the roof.

It got worse when she called me back and said, if I got the other 200 I owed her I could see her. There was no way. It would take another 2 months. But she still wanted me to drop off the money anyways. (this was my carpayment money...)

Now what can I do? I havent paid thru the court in over a year. They will want to prosecute me for being a "deadbeat" I cant just barge in there, without a trip to jail, because as you know, the cops and courts are SO EASY on the dads.

I try to call her about a week later, and noone answers. This went on for a few days untill I started driving by there. Noone was ever home. After a couple of weeks, I saw a mutual friend of ours, and they told me that they moved to another town by us. She never called me, and if I wouldnt have seen this person, I never would have known where they went.

Anyways. I feel for this guy. I dont know what I can do though. If I goto a court now, they are going to lock ME up for being a deadbeat. She hasnt pursued me thru the court because she just wants to forget WE ever happened. She wants the world to think that my daughter is this guys. She isnt out for money, she(he) just wants me to go away. Which is in essence, what Ive done. Not because I want to, because I had no other choice.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Darn Women! All they have to do is scream rape even if you only held her hand you'll go to prison or at least your reputation will be runined. All they have to do is divorce you and they get half of your monay and all of the kids. It is a bad time to be a Caucasion Male in todays society.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Darn Women! All they have to do is scream rape even if you only held her hand you'll go to prison or at least your reputation will be runined. All they have to do is divorce you and they get half of your monay and all of the kids. It is a bad time to be a Caucasion Male in todays society.

Oh come on! That just generalizing all women,

To be honest YES I feel sorry for this man, and yes I believe that men should have rights to their children.

But I think it should be judged on indervideal cases.

Some men are not good for their children, in some cases the mother is just trying to protect her child,

People don�t see what go's on behind closed doors,

Again I think that Yes there needs to be changes but maybe a look at the history and the reasons from both sides,

I really do feel sorry for this man and I think that he has proved that he will go to many lengths to see his children, but still we need to know the whole story before really being able to judge

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Of course most women aren't evil at heart but some are heartless. Just like many men are heartless but I think all the "crying rape" has to stop. Just look at Kobe. That girl tried to hang him. It is girls like her that make me want to..................

new topics

top topics

join