It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest Warns Obama: Better Knock the Catholic Church Out NOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by NotAnAspie

This is just something to get people riled up and probably facilitated by a Ron Paul supporter.

I do support RP….for Secretary of Treasury!

I'm not saying i disagree with the sentiment here but the main goal in my opinion should not be to slam the other side but to do better at solving the problem.

Not many problems get solved on ATS…actually none. This is a debate forum.

before i dive in, does this video even speak of solutions or does it just try to smack the other guy around as usual?

Solution? Planned Parenthood has a campaign called “I have a say” asking for people’s views. This priest gave his views. It’s entertaining...

edit on 11-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

When did this forum become the catholic church?

where in the world did that go wrong?

Let me say this one more time, the catholic church should be trying to solve this problem if they are really concerned about them, yet their culture fuels the problems and they just use it as a way to campaign.

Whats this again about solving problems in a forum and not debating?

That IS my debate and i never considered THIS FORUM the catholic church whereby I am suggesting they do something to resolve it and quit complaining.

What is it you are confused about?
edit on 11-3-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Shut up, Catholics.

This video and thread really only involve people who have sex, so it doesn’t’ pertain to you!

Seriously though….a one liner???

Do you even understand the topic or have an opinion? For some crazy reason I’d kind of like to hear it!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes, a one-liner because that is all they are worth.

Edit: Shut up, catholics.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

reply to post by adigregorio

By the way, all priests are not chester the molester...that's a generalization, sir.

Just like not all Muslims are terrorists, right?

Oh poor Seabag, what must it be like to live in your world of constant contradictions. Praise Jesus. Kill people. Unless they are babies. In America. Then let them grow up and dont help them at all.

Also yknow what? I dont approve of tax exemptions for religious institutions. So why is this organization mooching off of my land for free and attacking the President? Especially when the Constitution proposes a direct seperation of this organization from my government?
edit on 11-3-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Spot on! I am surprised no one took you up on a little debate over this paragraph, probably because there's nothing to debate.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by seabag

Yes, a one-linner because that is all they are worth.

Shut up, catholics.

it is very simple to some, isn't it?

It's kind of hard to understand why it is not so clear for all.

I completely understand the statement.

You have to ask yourself, is anything more really worth your time... but the sad fact is, some just don't see what is so clear. It is pretty frustrating, yes.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It’s about abortion or no abortion. If a religion can’t be involved in issues of life, death and morality then what are they supposed to do, remain silent??

No, they don't have to be silent...they can tell their parishoners what the religous stance on the issue is.

What they can't do is try to lobby the government to influence the laws of the country.

I'm personally a pro-life person, I would love to see the law change to make abortion murder...but it isn't the Church's place to try to lobby for laws...in fact that is one of the things that should make them lose their exempt status.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It didn’t!

Let me say this one more time, the catholic church should be trying to solve this problem if they are really concerned about them, yet their culture fuels the problems and they just use it as a way to campaign.

I’ll pass this info along!

That IS my debate and i never considered THIS FORUM the catholic church whereby I am suggesting they do something to resolve it and quit complaining.

Nothing…

You said

the main goal in my opinion should not be to slam the other side but to do better at solving the problem.
and I said this is a debate forum and no problems get solved here...only discussion of the issues.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It didn’t!

I’ll pass this info along!

Nothing…

You said

the main goal in my opinion should not be to slam the other side but to do better at solving the problem.
and I said this is a debate forum and no problems get solved here...only discussion of the issues.

yeah, that should be the CC main goal if they really do care but it is clear they do not value life as they claim if they influence a culture into biased suppression.

Again, what are you confused about?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You seem to be taking a rather good bit of a beating by our esteemed ATS crowd of friends on this issue. But I for one am glad that the Catholic Church has chosen to engage in this struggle with immorality. The secular humanists have been eroding the American culture for decades, and now it has been laid at the door-stoop of the Catholic Church. I am not Catholic. But I am a Christian, and when it comes to issues of morality, I join with them in the struggle to finally free ourselves from their oppression. The Catholic Church will not be alone in this struggle, they will have good friends with them. I watched the video, and it was well presented.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
who are these people that keep laying stuff at people's doorsteps?

was it the same people who laid the baby in the temple?

ok, ok... I jest, but seriously... how is the CC footing the bill on this one?

Demonstrate how they are made to deal with whatever problem this is causing for them and let's talk about it as it should not be a problem allowed to continue.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Good thing they didn't piss the muslims off,
those sons of bitches would slit their throat,
send a car bomb through, or a suicide bomber.
Stay out of the womb they say, but pay for our birth control?
Contradiction, irony, insane, mental disorder.
edit on 11-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Good thing they didn't piss the muslims off,
those sons of bitches would slit their throat..

Stay out of the womb they say, but pay for our birth control?
Contradiction, irony, insane, mental disorder.

I see that you have fallen for the "FREE BIRTHCONTROL" rhetoric being spread by the right.

Do you not understand that all people want is for their insurance that they PAY for to cover birth control???

No one is asking for FREE anything.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Just like not all Muslims are terrorists, right?

Oh poor Seabag, what must it be like to live in your world of constant contradictions. Praise Jesus. Kill people. Unless they are babies. In America. Then let them grow up and dont help them at all.

Spot on! I am surprised no one took you up on a little debate over this paragraph, probably because there's nothing to debate.

I did respond to him, but I will reiterate for your benefit!

Man, you guys really caught me in a contradiction, huh??

How many priests have been busted for this behavior? 1%??

And how many 10’s of millions have been killed by Muslims throughout history (and recent history).That position is misguided and the comparison intentionally misleading.

By the way, the wars the US has engaged in are not in the name of Religion. US has people of all religions, so to say these are ‘Christians’ wars is ridiculous and you know it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Demonstrate how they are made to deal with whatever problem this is causing for them and let's talk about it as it should not be a problem allowed to continue.

What the government has done by telling the Catholic Church that all of their ministries that employ people must provide birth control etc. is to strike at the core of their belief under God. "God, family, and community." It's making someone who would hate drugs, force them to give drugs to others knowing it's evil to do so. So now the government has forced the Catholic Church to fight on this issue or submit to being slaves. To answer to the government as the final moral authority, and they will never submit.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

What the government has done by telling the Catholic Church that all of their ministries that employ people must provide birth control etc. is to strike at the core of their belief under God. "God, family, and community." It's making someone who would hate drugs, force them to give drugs to others knowing it's evil to do so. So now the government has forced the Catholic Church to fight on this issue or submit to being slaves. To answer to the government as the final moral authority, and they will never submit.

Just another reason why the cc shouldn't be running itself as a business or a political organization.

nobody laid it at their doorstep, they ran out and kidnapped it and are complaining about it because they don't have a big enough war to send it to.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

There trying to FORCE the catholic church
to cover birth control in their insurance
policies. None of anyones business
if they do not want too.
If you can't afford 30 bucks a month for
birth control pills or a few condoms
YOU SHOULDNT BE HAVING SEX ANYWAYS!!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

There trying to FORCE the catholic church
to cover birth control in their insurance
policies. None of anyones business
if they do not want too.
If you can't afford 30 bucks a month for
birth control pills or a few condoms
YOU SHOULDNT BE HAVING SEX ANYWAYS!!

No, they are mandating all insurance covers birth control...even insurance that is provided to catholic affiliated organizations (not the church itself).

But it's nice to see that you didn't even acknowledge how wrong you were about the "free birth control".

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This really has little to do with the Catholics other than they will be leading a charge against these issues.

First off the Catholic church is a political business. I know its shocking - but America is a secular country - - - all religions needs to tend their flock and stay out of politics. Fat chance - I know.

Someone really needs to take them (the Catholics) down a notch or 2 or 50. They recently stopped funding a homeless center just because the director supported gay rights.

Many Catholic women use birth control.

Should taxpayers fund abortion and contraception? Should we be spending money on personal responsibility issues while trillions in debt. Do you care?

As far as I'm concerned all and any birth prevention should be totally free from the government - - including abortion.

The money part. It is far less of a financial burden on tax payers to prevent unwanted children - - then it is to care for them after they are born.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
No, they are mandating all insurance covers birth control...even insurance that is provided to catholic affiliated organizations (not the church itself).

I don't know what is so difficult to understand.

I bet they are Birthers too.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Double

edit on 11-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join