It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest Warns Obama: Better Knock the Catholic Church Out NOW

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
BHO has no power to, no right to force people to go against their conscience. He promised the American bishops three years ago at his
election, he would not touch do this and now he has.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I really have to question the logic behind some of you.

Problem: People are poor so they can't afford certain health related things.

Cause: They don't have jobs or, enough hours/pay.

Solution: Take from the rest of the population that does have, and use them to pay for the poor. Since they are poor, they should be given free money.

Accepted Risk: Much of the middle class may be taxed into poverty, with the possibility of the middle class becoming extinct all together. As tax funds dwindle, the country will borrow more and more, and only pay out less and less to the poor. This solution will not help move people out of poverty, but will only prove to keep them in it and it will become a way of life for them.

Seems to me it should go more like this:

Solution: Put them to work by creating more jobs. Decrease taxes to boost the economy. Businesses will need to hire more people to keep up with the booming economy, and supply vs demand dictate that a wages will go up to keep up with the competition due to so many job openings that businesses need to fill.

Accepted Risk: More people with jobs. The poor can be removed from poverty and become part of the middle class. Those who pay taxes will pay less. The government will no longer need to borrow and will once again have a surplus, and be the economic leader of the world.

The logic that it is ok to kill unborn members of the human race because it's cheaper to kill them now than support them later is an example of a less evolved mind. Your thinking is flawed. There are better ways than murder to solve our money issues. Murder should never be accepted. It should never be an option. We as a society should be above that kind of thinking. The human race still has so very far to go on the evolutionary scale. I am ashamed to be living among humans who think it's all perfectly ok. And who hide behind a veil of "women's rights" to justify their claims.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by something wicked

Hi Outkast,

While I respect your opinion, I can't agree with it. The right or not to have the right to abortion shouldn't even be a political matter - are you saying that areas of society are not allowed to have an opinion on this? Why is religion any different from any other part of society? Tax exemption from what I understand is given to all recognised religions, and of course anyone or business that qualifies - do none of them have a right to a voice, even if it is not agreed with?

First off...this isn't a discussion about abortion no matter what Fox News says.

Second...all tax exempt organizations have rules to follow. You can disagree with me all you want...but it is the law.

www.irs.gov...

All IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches
and religious organizations, must abide by certain rules:
■ their net earnings may not inure to any private
shareholder or individual,
■ they must not provide a substantial benefit to private
interests,
■ they must not devote a substantial part of their
activities to attempting to influence legislation,
■ they must not participate in, or intervene in, any
political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to)
any candidate for public office, and
■ the organization’s purposes and activities may not
be illegal or violate fundamental public policy.

So you are saying that in the land of the free, some organisations are not allowed a voice, is that what you are saying? Disregard the video the OP provided, that is an individuals opinion. Are you saying that any group which represents part of a community is not allowed to voice its opinion? If you do believe that is fit and proper, well, good luck to you.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
I really have to question the logic behind some of you.

Solution: Take from the rest of the population that does have, and use them to pay for the poor. Since they are poor, they should be given free money.

Accepted Risk: Much of the middle class may be taxed into poverty, with the possibility of the middle class becoming extinct all together. As tax funds dwindle, the country will borrow more and more, and only pay out less and less to the poor. This solution will not help move people out of poverty, but will only prove to keep them in it and it will become a way of life for them.

This is what currently is happening. People are too poor to have kids... they have them anyways... middle class taxes goes toward bringing these kids up via medicaid.

Seems to me it should go more like this:

Solution: Put them to work by creating more jobs. Decrease taxes to boost the economy. Businesses will need to hire more people to keep up with the booming economy, and supply vs demand dictate that a wages will go up to keep up with the competition due to so many job openings that businesses need to fill.

Accepted Risk: More people with jobs. The poor can be removed from poverty and become part of the middle class. Those who pay taxes will pay less. The government will no longer need to borrow and will once again have a surplus, and be the economic leader of the world.

I agree with this.

However, business are continuing to leave country. One of the most profitable companies inside the U.S. today is facebook. They employ nearly nobody when compared to the population. This is a sad fact for our country. Now we're back to the question... how do we create jobs? We're continuing to fight with this matter, so it's not a viable solution in this case.

The logic that it is ok to kill unborn members of the human race because it's cheaper to kill them now than support them later is an example of a less evolved mind. Your thinking is flawed. There are better ways than murder to solve our money issues. Murder should never be accepted. It should never be an option. We as a society should be above that kind of thinking. The human race still has so very far to go on the evolutionary scale. I am ashamed to be living among humans who think it's all perfectly ok. And who hide behind a veil of "women's rights" to justify their claims.

You're failing to realize that many people don't see a fetus as a human, thus it is not murder. Something cannot be killed if it is not alive. I respect your view on a fetus, but I disagree. Fact is there's no adequate proof to show either way. Until someone can tell us what it was like to live as a pea sized being inside of a womb, it's not murder.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I personally am against abortion because of what it represents. And it's not the murder of the child. Its the murder of AMERICA.

It's like saying. Sure we can't afford to house and feed these babies but we can afford to let millions of immigrants in the country every year. Does that make ANY sense? Of course not. The problem is that immigrants don't demand as high of wages as Americans. So the solution is to abort Americans before they are born and let immigrants replace them.

It pure contradiction. We either CAN afford it or we can't.

If you people don't see it you're blind. They want your children dead so that they can replace them with people that wont demand a decent wage.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

So you are saying that in the land of the free, some organisations are not allowed a voice, is that what you are saying? Disregard the video the OP provided, that is an individuals opinion. Are you saying that any group which represents part of a community is not allowed to voice its opinion? If you do believe that is fit and proper, well, good luck to you.

I believe all individuals should have a voice...and every individual that attends a church is free to have a voice and an opinion.

I don't believe a church should have a collective voice that influences our government.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
BHO has no power to, no right to force people to go against their conscience. He promised the American bishops three years ago at his

The people were warned what he was up too.
He said a lot of things and went back on them.

Surprise me at all? No

More draconian laws.

Now it is birth control, next it will be abortion..

How great they would feel if they were
to force their control over the catholic church
to fund abortions..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah

You're failing to realize that many people don't see a fetus as a human, thus it is not murder. Something cannot be killed if it is not alive. I respect your view on a fetus, but I disagree. Fact is there's no adequate proof to show either way. Until someone can tell us what it was like to live as a pea sized being inside of a womb, it's not murder.

Still manslaughter at the least then
according to your estimation
we do not really know so people
could be unintentially killing an unborn baby..
edit on 12-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

All I know is that if the Catholic Church keeps talking politics, in and out of their churches, they are going to have their tax exempt status stripped from them.

I personally believe they are very close to that line already.

The thing is, most "catholics" don't even support what the leadership is arguing about...so this really isn't a battle between Obama and all catholics...it is Obama vs the Vatican.
Given the influence that religion has over this country, I highly doubt it.

Don't get me wrong, I think catholics/non-catholics complaining about the catholic church being "forced" to cover birth control is nothing short of stupid (given that it's required for all insurance), but still.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Quantity of Life VS. Quality of Life.

Apparently the Catholics want an overpopulated world full of starving and miserable people so that they can have more converts. By the way, EVERYTHING is alive and has a soul. Every plant, animal and even every living cell. Are there plans in place to save every single sperm that men ejaculate?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I believe all individuals should have a voice...and every individual that attends a church is free to have a voice and an opinion.

I don't believe a church should have a collective voice that influences our government.

Sorry, that doesn't work. In an ideal situation, yeah I know, but bear with me, the individual alone has little voice, hence becoming part of a collective, in this case a religious organisation. Would you also say unions should have no voice? How about charities?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Abortion is Murder. They want to replace American workers with third world people that will work a days hard labor for a loaf of bread. They then say that Americans don't want the jobs picking fruit in the fields or mowing yards.

But it's not that. Americans wont work for slave wages. And why should they. This isn't Mexico. It's the wealthiest country on the planet. And it is ran by people that are hell bent to make sure that they leach every dime from its possible.

So they make women and men think we are overpopulated while at the same time bringing in 2 million legal and illegal immigrants every single year. If we were overpopulated there would be no need for immigrants. Here abort your child because we are overpopulated. Wait we need more immigrants to fill jobs. Get it?

They make college prohibitively expensive then complain that we don't have a workforce educated enough to meet demands. This implies the need for highly skilled legal immigrants.

Then they only post low skilled job in Spanish language newspapers so that you will never see the job offer. Then they say no Americans filed a job application. WE NEED MORE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Welcome to the NWO. Where corporations are king and you are a slave. If you refuse to become a slave they simply outsource your job or give it to an immigrant. That way you become a loser and don't reproduce. The immigrants mate with your woman and bread slave children. You sit behind a computer and complain.

That is the big deal. That is the NWO. Become a slave or die. No more 1st world countries. The earth can't handle that. Or so they say.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00

Apparently the Catholics want an overpopulated world full of starving and miserable people so that they can have more converts. By the way, EVERYTHING is alive and has a soul. Every plant, animal and even every living cell. Are there plans in place to save every single sperm that men ejaculate?

Quality of Life? But - - God always provides.

I am ecstatic I am no longer hampered by these delusions.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Religious Institutions are not required to provide contraception

Under the new policy to be announced today, women will have free preventive care that includes contraceptive services no matter where she works. The policy also ensures that if a woman works for a religious employer with objections to providing contraceptive services as part of its health plan, the religious employer will not be required to provide, pay for or refer for contraception coverage

Whitehouse Fact Sheet

And taxpayers are not paying for it, it's the insurance company

Insurance companies will be required to provide contraception coverage to these women free of charge.

Whitehouse Fact sheet

But on another note if the Tax payer were to fund programs Preventing Unplanned Pregnancy it will save the tax payer money

Study shows birth control saves taxpayer money

The Brookings Institution Report

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00

God has revealed His reason for sex and don't you think it's true?

Children are blessing. God thinks so...

He created you and you're here. You and those like you have no right to determine who is given life. Your presence shows your belief doesn't apply when it comes to you.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

You're failing to realize that many people don't see a fetus as a human, thus it is not murder.

If I tell a court I don't see you as human, does that mean killing you isn't murder?

Something cannot be killed if it is not alive. I respect your view on a fetus, but I disagree.

An unborn child is alive. It is not a rock. It is flesh and blood. It has a beating heart at only 18-22 days, usually before a woman even realizes she is pregnant. Brain waves can be detected at only 40 days. This is life. It is early stages of life. Just because it doesn't walk and talk doesn't mean it's not alive. Please, please try to look at this with your heart. These are our children! It breaks my heart to think that of those babies that are just thrown away in garbage bags, it takes everything in me not to puke at the lack of humanity in this issue.

Fact is there's no adequate proof to show either way.

So shoot first and ask questions later? If there is even a chance this is murder of children, do you even want to take that risk????

Until someone can tell us what it was like to live as a pea sized being inside of a womb, it's not murder.

Most people can't recall being a toddler, is it ok to murder them? Or newborn babies? Your logic is seriously flawed.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Sorry, that doesn't work. In an ideal situation, yeah I know, but bear with me, the individual alone has little voice, hence becoming part of a collective, in this case a religious organisation. Would you also say unions should have no voice? How about charities?

I didn't make the laws. Unions are not 501c3 organizations, they are 501c5 organizations and they can lobby all they want. They can also campaign and support candidates.

www.irs.gov...=96169,00.html

Thus, a section 501(c)(5) organization may further its exempt purposes through lobbying as its primary activity without jeopardizing its exempt status. However, a section 501(c)(5) organization that engages in lobbying may be required to either provide notice to its members regarding the percentage of dues paid that are applicable to lobbying activities or pay a proxy tax.
A section 501(c)(5) labor or agricultural organization may engage in some political activities, however, so long as that is not its primary activity. However, any expenditures it makes for political activities may be subject to tax under section 527(f).

But a church is a 501c3 organization...so it has different rules to play by.

Just like a corporation has differnet rules than a non-profit charity.

This is the current law...I'm just informing...not opinionating.
edit on 12-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DrEvil

Abortion is Murder.

And culling/retro-abortion isn't???

link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by colbe

The people were warned what he was up too.
He said a lot of things and went back on them.

Surprise me at all? No

More draconian laws.

Now it is birth control, next it will be abortion..

How great they would feel if they were
to force their control over the catholic church
to fund abortions..

pops, hi,

I have posted twice in another thread the page in Obama Care that speaks of the implantation of the micro-chip. Leftists do not reply.

I thought it might be BHO mandating like China, the one child policy
but maybe it's the "chip" that is next. Frightening, those who support this mandate do not "see."

They'll get it finally at the roundup.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I have posted twice in another thread the page in Obama Care that speaks of the implantation of the micro-chip. Leftists do not reply.

People don't respond because it is crazy talk with no factual basis to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join