It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians have no right to wear crosses, British government says

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
If they want to ban crosses, it should be upto the employer and not the government, the same way that employers choose if they want people to remove facial piercings as an example.

Wow...

Someone has availed themselves of the facts here, well done!

/sarcasm.....

The employers tried to enforce the dress code and won. Now these ladies are taking their case to a higher court to try and force change, hence the Government taking up the mantel and fighting it.

Next time, before uttering total nonsense (not the first time I might add), check your facts.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I'm fine with it, so long as they make the Muslim women remove the garbage bags they wear.

Let's keep some balance here..

The Burkha is actually a cultural relic, nothing to do with Islam. Islam requires only that you dress modestly (for men and women) and cover your head in public (just like Judaism and Christianity)

And the difference for a muslim woman wearing a headscarf to a Christian women wearing a £10 peice of crap from Argos? The former is actually a religious requirement (for both, ironically) and the latter is not.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I quote "Don't tell me to read the article"......OK.....

Also I have not cut and pasted anything and yes I have felt I needed to explain it again or dumb it down because some of you choose to ignore the facts.

read this one, www.bbc.co.uk...
or this one news.bbc.co.uk...

I like this quote "The hospital previously said Mrs Chaplin been offered several alternative ways to wear her cross, but had chosen not to accept them".

That's it Iam not going to be dragged back to this thread

edit on 13-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Please, someone tell me. (hypothetically) If your cross got tangled up in a childs life support machine wires and you pulled the plug....

How do you explain that one to your boss and the parents?

The hospital would be sued quicker than you're out the door and it's not your faith that would be in question, just your lack of respect to follow company policy to not wear a piece of jewellery.

It isn't religous persecution, it's policy, it's health and safety. Which is paramount in a nation where you will get sued for squinting angrily at someones dog these days.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
If they want to ban crosses, it should be upto the employer and not the government, the same way that employers choose if they want people to remove facial piercings as an example.

Wow...

Someone has availed themselves of the facts here, well done!

/sarcasm.....

The employers tried to enforce the dress code and won. Now these ladies are taking their case to a higher court to try and force change, hence the Government taking up the mantel and fighting it.

Next time, before uttering total nonsense (not the first time I might add), check your facts.

Well, well. Looks like i have a new stalker.
It seems you have got nothing better to do than search post's i have made and reply your rhetoric about how big your ego is. Please learn what the word "IF" means before ranting about your fantasies.

I suggest you stop wasting your time.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You think people should have the right to wear whatever they want?

What about someone joining an organization that requires a uniform? Or a helmet? Or would you like to see people wandering round with swords and guns on their belts cause they can wear what they want?

How about naked?

While banning crosses in a Catholic country is very extreme, your argument is the other side of the pendulum and makes no sense either.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I quote "Don't tell me to read the article"......OK.....

implying i have already read it...

I like this quote "The hospital previously said Mrs Chaplin been offered several alternative ways to wear her cross, but had chosen not to accept them".

That's it Iam not going to be dragged back to this thread

edit on 13-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Technically it is a government ban on crosses, by allowing the employer to set the rules it can be said to be a discrimination by choice of the employer, as is with certain hairstyles. If an employer is to ban crosses because they are allowed to, it would be seen as discrimination and obviously here comes the "we need a law to stop government bans on crosses".

As you pointed out, especially in a hospital jewellery could be an obvious health/safety hazard.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I can see it now if an employer told a Muslim woman that she is not allowed to wear a headscarf to work.

We know what side of the fence some of you are sitting on, and it isn't on my side. Just another attempt to weaken Christian values.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by voidla

How does wearing a necklace cause a health hazard in a work place?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by voidla

Obviously you need to revise on your history some more.

Christianity is the most widely practiced and declared religion in England. Has been in the British Isles since Roman times. Have you ever heard of St Augustine? Take a read... www.localhistories.org... I am not about to let Britain's Christian heritage go down the drain because of some angry hatethiests making a fuss.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by voidla

If you can't see how this can be a health hazard when your job is a nurse .....Iam not telling.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You need to look at some stats

www.humanism.org.uk...

a snippet

2011 Census Polls

In a poll conducted by YouGov in March 2011 on behalf of the BHA, when asked the census question ‘What is your religion?’, 61% of people in England and Wales ticked a religious box (53.48% Christian and 7.22% other) while 39% ticked ‘No religion’.

When the same sample was asked the follow-up question ‘Are you religious?’, only 29% of the same people said ‘Yes’ while 65% said ‘No’, meaning over half of those whom the census would count as having a religion said they were not religious.

Less than half (48%) of those who ticked ‘Christian’ said they believed that Jesus Christ was a real person who died and came back to life and was the son of God.

Asked when they had last attended a place of worship for religious reasons, most people in England and Wales (63%) had not attended in the past year, 43% of people last attended over a year ago and 20% of people had never attended. Only 9% of people had attended a place of worship within the last week.

So we are not a Christian country.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Don't flatter yourself, I have only replied to 2 of your posts and there was no stalking, just coincidence I should happen upon your idiocy twice in one day. If you don't like being called out on things, think about what you're saying rather then spouting nonsense.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by voidla

Ever work around moving machinery or electricity? That is a huge hazard...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

How many would willingly remove their
wedding rings under the same circumstances ?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Don't flatter yourself, I have only replied to 2 of your posts and there was no stalking, just coincidence I should happen upon your idiocy twice in one day. If you don't like being called out on things, think about what you're saying rather then spouting nonsense.

Of course, how idiotic of me to use the word "IF". What an ego you have.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

The law in the uk on wedding rings is you can wear them BUT depending on your job you may have to cover them up with a blue plaster, I have to at my work but I hate plasters so I just leave it at home.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join