It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians have no right to wear crosses, British government says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Howdy Davesmart

To coin a phrase, 'You ain't read nothing yet'.

en.wikipedia.org...

Under the title Family on the above web, one learns how we now Have a Descendant of the Monarchy in number 10. Good luck to him..........................uuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmm.................................But I think the Rothschild group built the actual Bank of England for King William the 1V..........

Gotta learn how to forward a U2U

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The governments (the british government included) know by using religion they can keep the people fighting with each other in a childish knee jerk way

Look at ireland: it wasn't muslim/ christian
it was christian/christian
like that old star trek episode where the people who are black on the left side are in perpetual warfare with the people who are black on the right side

and while the peeps are duking it out the PTB take another bite of the Pie
the prince of pieces, soon to be crumbs, then eventually nothing at all..

Its all history repeating
sad that it has been going on for sooooolong and the "religious" have yet to catch on
edit on 11-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

If this happened in Australia, our government would tell the immigrants to integrate or get the hell out

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

It doesn't matter who the employer is, what the employee does, where the worker works, who the worker interacts with or any other perceivable reason.

An employer should never be able to fire someone for displaying a religious symbol. Whether Christian, Pagan, Islamic, Jewish, whatever.

And above all, the GOVERNMENT should never officially back such discrimination!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I say let them continue with the open display of cognitive dissonance. It's an easy to read sign posted by those adherents who haven't even bothered with their own fine print.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

ha ha as a scot living in Australia i thought id let you know . That coronation stone was a scottish item stolen from scotland . some students stole it back that caused a bit of trouble so it was returned . one think though ! the students made some copies so its a stone they have now in Westminster but is it the sacred stone ? which by the way was originally pagan . just saying !!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
in the ununited kingdom the police can call to remove ANY flag without a permit. no football/soccer tops allowed in pubs/etc .no singing of some nursery rymes in school any more .england is not a christian country anymore massive protests on the streets by muslims& christians in england .health & safety rules for everything .roll on the war me thinks this would be a lovely little island if we only had guns & cheap drugs . ive got a 5 foot swastika in my window hopeing that the nock will come to my door then the party starts . ps you never hear anybody moan about those FXXXXXG BUDDISTS ummm lol

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

I don't understand why a christian country would even consider discussing this!

No tradition or patriotism whatsoever...

England is not a christian country, the only christians here are the eastern european and african immigrants!

Born and bred white English people are not christian, except for a few pensioners

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Originally posted by Hellas

I don't understand why a christian country would even consider discussing this!

No tradition or patriotism whatsoever...

England is not a christian country, the only christians here are the eastern european and african immigrants!

Born and bred white English people are not christian, except for a few pensioners

It is your state religion, so England is a christian country. Your flag is the St. George's Cross and your national anthem is a prayer to God to save the Queen!
edit on 12-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If Christians are banned from wearing Crosses as a sign off their faith or religion. Then the ban should apply to other individuals who wear items which shows their faith or religion also.

The UK Government cannot have it both ways.

In a way I hope the European Court rules against the UK Government.

This is just another way of the Elite in the UK Government trying to control us and tell us what we can wear and what we cannot wear. They done this during the Iraq war, when Citizens criticized Blair by wearing Tshirts.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

if the european court can rule against the british goverment
that not only means that britian is not a christian country....
it means that
britian is not even a country
edit on 12-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am getting annoyed now. Either we are ALL allowed to wear something to show whatever faith we happen to follow or we ALL do not. It is as simple as that. We CANNOT allow a situation to occur where it is one rule for them and another for everyone else. So if Christians are told to take off the cross round their neck at work, fine. Muslim/Seik Policemen should be then banned for wearing their relgious apparell as well for example. You cant have the issue causing divisions in society. Either we ALL stop wearing religious garnments etc or we dont. It is as simple as that. The only exceptions where the ruling is exempt should be given to ordained priests, Inmans, and the like.

Personally i dont give a too hoots what people where as long as they are not shoving relgion down my throat. I have my own beliefs thank you very much and it will be for me and my Maker to discuss whenever the time comes for me to shed my mortal coil. At this rate it might not be long in coming as this world is going to hell in a handbasket with reglious wars and bigotry on ALL sides. I will cry when the mushroom clouds spring up in the air which is going to be an ineveitable outcome unless we all start showing some danmmed respect towards each other and learn a bit of tolerence. I have read the Koran, dabbled in Buddism and so on. I would love to visit Mecca, Jersualem and other relgious places. I want to be able to visit a Mosque in the Middle East out of respect and sheer awe at the archeiture of such places. But I cant. Why? Because there is so much bigotry and hatred and too many assumptions made about me and made about each other on the planet. Things have been perverted by a minority of hate filled human beings. It needs to stop and stop now.

In case you had not noticed, WE ARE THE HUMAN RACE, WE ARE ONE, WE ARE ALL FAMILY.

That is my few pence thoughts on this issue. End the hatred, end the bigotry and lets just learn to enjoy all faiths.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Are people completely unable to perform any kind of research any more?

The case in point is not the UK government trying to ban crosses per se, it is trying to enforce the companies right to dictate dress codes in the work place.

These women can wear whatever the hell they want when they are on their own personal time, I work in a office and as such have a dress code of shirt and tie etc. etc. If i was to turn up in board shorts and trainers I would get sent home and warned.

If the NHS has dictated that she can't wear the cross on the chain then she needs to either find some other way of displaying her iconical devotion or go get a different job, it's not rocket science.

This has nothing to do with trying to remove religion from the UK, there is no conspiracy behind all this, it is not the fault of "The Muslims" it is the government trying to uphold the rights of the employers to enforce a dress code.

I for one would not appreciate walking into a restaurant / hospital / airport / office and have to see people swanning around in whatever they want to wear, people should maintain an air of professionalism at work, either that or we could just let the public run riot and have coppers running round in mankinis at the first hint of summer sun.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Truth_Hz because: Missed a word

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

So would you be saying the exact same thing if the British Government banned the wearing of the Burka at work, or a Student who attends school from wearing a bracelet?

No you would not be. There would be an uproar if this happened, which has happened before, if I remember correctly.

You cannot have one set of rules for one religion without a universal rule for all religions.

If Christians are banned from wearing crosses, what next Catholics banned from wearing crucifixes?

If this ban is upheld, then there should be complete ban on all religions. From wearing anything which shows their faith or religion.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
sad that it has been going on for sooooolong and the "religious" have yet to catch on
edit on 11-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

yeah, because all the non religious, gorging on their diet of celebrity magazines, X Factor and sports' shows are soooooo clued up on everything

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The title is misleading...Christians should have the right to wear a cross but only in their private live's not at work.
The same should be applied for any religious symbol.
Oh and also the last thing Jesus wants to see if he returns is a cross.
In my experience working with Christians is they always try and ram their religion down your throat. I work with Muslims too and they do not do this. In fact one of my fellow workpals (a Christian) turned round to a Muslim workplal and said "Your Religion is evil and only if you accept Jesus you will be saved". Since this I have tried to make sure that any Religious talk at work is not allowed.
Personally I think Religion is a bane on humanity.
edit on 12-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

If Christians are banned from wearing crosses, what next Catholics banned from wearing crucifixes?

I think that's the same
Catholics are Christians and both are crosses

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Oh stop being smarty pants.

You know what I meant.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
reply to post by Azadok

ha ha as a scot living in Australia i thought id let you know . That coronation stone was a scottish item stolen from scotland . some students stole it back that caused a bit of trouble so it was returned . one think though ! the students made some copies so its a stone they have now in Westminster but is it the sacred stone ? which by the way was originally pagan . just saying !!

I know that but it was actually the stone of Jacob brought to Scotland by Jerimiah the Prophet , Jerimiah also brought the. Daughters of the last King of Israel Zedikiah, his daughter Scona ( not sure of spelling ) is why they call it the stone of Scone . A little history lesson , by the way Christ traveled their as a child to his uncles tin mines.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

If this ban is upheld, then there should be complete ban on all religions. From wearing anything which shows their faith or religion.

Spoken like a sane and rational human being. But the words sane and rational seems to have gone the way of the dodo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join