It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians have no right to wear crosses, British government says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
hya
i understand exactly what your saying
but
have you ever been to hospital or jobcenter to be talked to by a
ninja
muslim women covered from head to toe
and all your talking to is a pair of eyes and teeth
its scarier at night seeing a ninja driving and only seeing a pair of glowing eyes

soz i was wrong
you cant see their teeth
edit on 11-3-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

why do we say to "cross an ocean"
because the thousands and thousands and thousands of years before christianity people were kneeling at the foot of the cross sighting the stars and NAVIGATING and measuring and building

This goes back to Moses... No Navigating an no Celts

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Christians would be wise to read Matthew 6... it speaks of keeping your religious obligation between God and yourself as secret as possible... not to seek recognition for your faith... and I'm definately with the late great Bill Hicks with regards the crucifix... would Yeshua really want to see those when he returns?

Matthew 6
1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

because the thousands and thousands and thousands of years before christianity people were kneeling at the foot of the cross sighting the stars and NAVIGATING and measuring and building

yeh of course
if their was ever a moses

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Go religions

You guys are really making yourselves look more crazier everyday.

If I dont get my way, I will sue you.

Religion

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Will the last person to leave the UK.....please turn the lights out.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I think it's very unfortunate and an intrusion into the right of free expression. I certainly think that it is a very disproportionate reaction.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

define crazy...
working all your life
25 yr mortgage
then everyone that you know dying
then selling your house to pay for
some nurse to take you to the loo and clean your bum
ffs man

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

um moses invented the cross?
do tell
Im all eyes for your proof of that

I'll wait till you back your self up to rebut you with the red haired celtic mummies and pyramids all around the world.....
edit on 11-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

define crazy...

One word.

Religion.

Believing and devoting your life to something just because someone told you to, because someone told them to, and someone told them and so on. Without question, without logical reason,,,,,,,

that is crazy.

I agree with your working bit, so I will leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

hya
all religion SEEMS to be the same
you have to die to get your god given reward
ef that
im alive now and i do my best to help anyone
i always help the homeless wen i can
all religion is bull its a belief an ideology
nothing more

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

religion
that says it all
cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by descendedstar
reply to post by InsideYourMind

anyone from any religion should be able to wear whatever they want... common its jewelry. Unless its going to injure you in your work place there shouldn't be any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to wear it. Up here 4 out of 5 people wear a piece of jewelry from there religion (hindu, christian, Zoroastrian.. etc) .. The only reason why an employer should tell you to take off your religious jewelry is if it will hurt a co-worker, NOT because "they don't like looking at it", if that's the case then don't look at it!!
edit on 11-3-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

Yes, but why should religion be above everyone else? Religious people are no more important than others and have no higher priority in the workplace.

I had been told to cut my hair and remove the dye when i was working a few years ago (resolved it by being forced to wear a hat..). I'm part of no religion, but why am i targeted for my personal appearance, because people are religious they assume to be exceptions and that they are above everyone else.

If religious items are an exception then why can't anyone wear headphones while listening to music "its part of my religion" when at work, or wear a tracksuit in the office "its part of my religion"?

"OH i'm religious, im allowed to play angry birds during work hours"... effectively it comes down to arrogance and an ego.
edit on 11/3/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Are you still permitted to wear the hijab in England ?
If so you should the cross too

This is the ridiculousness of society and religion, the laws are nothing but a competition based on personal preferences by those who set the laws.

If one religious item is banned, they should ban them all.
But tell me, why is the cross a higher priority than a hijab? Your comment somewhat makes the approach that one is "better?".

A hijab is not necessarily a religious piece of clothing either, it's a head garment, and many women wear them even if not tied to a religion. I think you are generalising on muslims.

Cross = symbolism of jesus, some people can be offended by it
Swastika = symbolism of the neo-nazi movement, some people can be offended by it
Upside-down cross = symbolism of satan and/or the antichrist, some people can be offended by it

Yet people are more willing to attack things such as head garments and the appearance of ones haircut in the workplace than the (questionably) offensive ones above;

Hijab = piece of clothing, doesn't affect anyone, in fact they can look quite cool
Haircut = Everyone has one, doesn't affect anyone (except for the narrowminded and boring average-joe clones)

In my opinion, all forms of symbolic jewellery should be removed and/or hidden from sight in the workplace, religious or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This thread quickly dissolved into a theoretical battle. I guess discussion of the topic at hand come hard when it involves religion.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

WTF is wrong with the British Government? Everything they do seems so .... irrational? I assume most Brits don't agree with the Government?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

WTF is wrong with the British Government? Everything they do seems so .... irrational? I assume most Brits don't agree with the Government?

I wouldn't except Rock to fall for sensational and vague headlines. Do you even know why they are fighting it? What jobs do they hold? What do these women do? Is the jewelry a safety issue? Is there a dress-code?

Seriously, I expected much more from Rockpuck.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I believe that this is a part of a conspiracy. With less Christians wearing crosses, their faith will be easier to pick at because they will not have something ready to remind them of their religion, and therefore, the NWO will have an easier time instilling a worldwide religion. What do you think?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Blimey! They say there's no right to wear her symbolism at work!??

No wonder she's got a little cross!!

(I'll let myself out)
edit on 11-3-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
woah, such a lot of ignorant kneejerk reactions!
maybe some of you zealots should take a moment to have a deep breath
refocus your eyes
and read more about this?
the woman's job, for example.....

you may also find when you are calm you are more able to come to grips with
little things like spelling and grammar.

i want to reiterate what Insideyourmind has said, too.
i've been fired from jobs before for dyeing my hair.
i was told it was for 'health and safety reasons'
if i had a bloody great cross dangling in the milk i'd understand at least a little.

oh and one more thing...
religious backers;
can anyone tell me why the first thing you do upon reading the OP
is to start blaming immigrants and muslims?
it's not like it's even just one or two of you
it's very telling.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join