It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians have no right to wear crosses, British government says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
BRITISH GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TO RULE.

works any way you can think of.

soon, people will have no right to BREATHE.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

lol.. deny ignorance my friends.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Right you hippos

heres the original from
news.bbc.co.uk...

heres another one the op may be refering to
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nephesh Hayah. I am.
'EHYEH ASHER EHYEH'
I will be.
I work WITH time.
I am the father.
my son is alive.
He is Jesus.
He is hostage.
Find him.
He was at a ball at the Monte Cristo, a gothic club.
Find my son.
he was there with a camera.
I took his picture with it.
I am GOD.
please help me.
He is a hostage here.
The club is Monte Cristo.
He was afraid he would never see me again.
he is the son of GOD.
I am living a human life right now.
this country is denying me GODLINESS.
please support me.
I have donated the caste of the fifth coming to Santa Teresita.
you have the four spears of destiny.
now you have one casting of the fifth.
the fourth designed the fifth as an instrument.
I have eaten it.
this is your faith.
Nephesh Hayah.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Likely the display of the cross offends the Muslims.
Therefore it has to go.
Ok they block traffic with a prayer fest tho.
Too bad tolerance doesn't work both ways.
We have been giving in and giving out for too long.
What was once ours is no longer.
We have given it away.
Now it is time for us all to lay down and die.
We certainly aren't doing anything to defend ourselves,
nor to recover what we have lost.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There's an easy solution to this.
They should get it tattooed on their foreheads/chests/necks or elsewhere.

That way it circumvents workplace health and safety and isn't a hazard.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what the big deal is. If they're true believers then it shouldn't matter whether they can wear an item of jewellery or not. It should be indelibly etched on their hearts.

However, the cross is inextricably associated with ancient Britain. It's a recognised pre-Christian symbol as evidenced by standing stone constructions.

Not sure why they want to associate with Paganism

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

hi steaming

just read your link
very interesting
cheers
i want to comment on it
but i will be deemed as racist
because i dont conform to govs standards
and mentioning german jews is a no no now
i wont bow down and apologise for something our gggg grandparents done
believe me this country is brewing ever so slowly
and the container will burst...
i done my bit by getting rid of illeagals...thats another story/thread

flagged op
cos its winding me up, and the retarded soon show their colours
edit on 11-3-2012 by davesmart because: added

edit on 11-3-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If it isn't a job where there is a physical danger to the person, then the woman can keep wearing her cross. There's a simple solution. Buy a longer chain and hide it under your clothes. That's what I'd do.

(LeSigh: Wears her baptismal cross all the time.)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is England going to take the CROSS off of its Flag, too????

Stupidity at its finest

edit on 11-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I would take your point more seriously if you did not insist on that ridiculous "xtian" usage

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Is England going to take the CROSS off of its Flag, too????

Stupidity at its finest

edit on 11-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

thats the gov
fekin out of touch old misers that could not give a toss about you nor i

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
If it isn't a job where there is a physical danger to the person, then the woman can keep wearing her cross. There's a simple solution. Buy a longer chain and hide it under your clothes. That's what I'd do.

(LeSigh: Wears her baptismal cross all the time.)

X
Don't you get it , the point is someone biased against Christians and or religion said something to the store manager . It is insulting for one to rell someone of faith to hide your faith because it makes a person uncomfortable . If I had to guess it was a Muslim that shopped there that found it offensive .

I am not familiar with England at all , is the store in question in a ethical neighborhood that is non Christian ? Could someone familiar with the area opine on this .

There is power in numbers and people should boycott the store to make an example .

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

I do get it. However, I also believe that employers have a right to set a dress code, ban providing birth control to their employees (if they are a religious employer), can ban head coverings and burkas, etcetera. If you don't like it, then work elsewhere.

My only point of contention is this: If the employer didn't have this policy before the intolerant customer came in, and then told her she couldn't wear it anymore, then I don't think they have a leg to stand on, personally.

I would still wear my cross. It doesn't have to be seen by others. That's not the point of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

hya
i realy would love to tell you the different story here
but as i said people wont like it
its usualy middle class to upper class that knows whats going on
but their little world says
50+g a year and no ones bothering me so il keep my trap shut
whilst people like me have to see these immigrants increasing yearly
but cant say anything about it for fear of repromand (sorry spelling)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I don't understand why a christian country would even consider discussing this!

No tradition or patriotism whatsoever...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

there is no patriotism anymore (not in that scence)
the gov is flooding my tiny island with migrants that have no jobs
i have 2 eyes i see whats going on
individuality is slowly being killed off here
if your a muslim or anything else other than christians then
your more than welcome here
dont believe this crap in the news
they go by stats
im living proof of what is happening here
and msm is such a fekin liar
every day here in the midlands its a game of spot the white man
am i racist?
im bloody not
when the cup is full it spills over

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by descendedstar

I'm not a troll. Nor am I a business owner. I simply don't believe in that silly made up religious stuff. It's ridiculous but if it keeps you happy, then enjoy it. Just don't bring it to work. And yes, wearing your enormous silver cross around your neck while working at Homebase *is* practicing your religion at work - you are weak enough in your belief of it that you feel you must wear some strange symbol around your neck to let everyone else around you know you're of religious denomination X. Why? If you're so secure in your belief, why do you feel the need to wear it?

But if you take a job at company X and they say, "No, no religious artefacts or jewelry" then either abide by it, or quit. It's "their" company, not yours. If you don't like their rules, then leave.

Why is it religious people feel that whenever people DON'T want to know about their beliefs or couldn't care less, it's somehow an attack on their belief?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by noonebutme

I would take your point more seriously if you did not insist on that ridiculous "xtian" usage

Not a problem. The whole concept of religion is based on lunacy anyways - I for one don't believe that if Christ were real, he'd want these chumps who claim to be his followers associated with him in any way

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by descendedstar

Were in the op's link did you manage to find that this woman was practicing her religion in her work place? and please do not make references to a "silly cross" when i haven't discriminated against your religion. Im clearly stating in my above posts that its anyone's right to wear whatever jewelry they like as long as its not physially hurting anyone else.

More info on the Nurses original tribunal:
Crucifix nurse loses tribunal, This is Devon, Wednesday, April 07, 2010.

Shirley Chaplin, 54, took the Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Trust Hospital to an employment tribunal, claiming that taking off a necklace bearing a crucifix would “violate her faith”... ...The trust said the move was not specifically about the crucifix, but about health and safety concerns about patients grabbing necklaces.He said: “Mrs Chaplin was invited to consider various alternatives but was not prepared or able to agree to any of them. The hospital pursued a dialogue they hoped would lead to a resolution to the problem..."That involved both sides moving their position to some extent. Sadly, the claimant didn’t feel able to do so to any extent at all"

Source: www.thisisdevon.co.uk...

From the NHS Trusts point of view this particular case has nothing to do banning crosses, its actually (partly) about the chain the cross is on. Mrs Chaplin says that her religion compels her to wear the cross as evidence she is a Christian. so why not just pin the cross onto her uniform?

The Trust, following Government guidelines, asked people of other religions working on the ward to either remove or change loose fitting personal items, Mrs Chaplin refused and was moved to a desk job. Sounds reasonable to me....but not to Mrs Chaplin:

She told tribunal Judge John Hollow that the cross and chain were a traditional way of wearing the crucifix and a crucifix alone on a lapel would not be satisfactory.

Apparently, the chain is more important than the crucifix.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
why do we say to "cross an ocean"
because the thousands and thousands and thousands of years before christianity people were kneeling at the foot of the cross sighting the stars and NAVIGATING and measuring and building

now myth has left some quite blind and cross
it was christians that thought the world was flat for all those years and had no need to navigate I guess

so why wear what is not even understood?

The Working Celtic Cross
The Navigation Instrument

This instrument can tell the time, find latitude and longitude, measure the angles of the stars, predict the solstices and equinoxes and measure the precession of the equinoxes. The instrument can also find the ecliptic pole as well as the North and South poles, it can make maps and charts, design pyramids and henges and, when it is used in combination with these observatory sites, can record and predict the cycles of nature.

What is this ancient icon that all humanity sees daily and does not recognize? It is the cross.

A form of the cross is on all Christian churches and many gravestones; it is in literature and song and can be seen hanging round the necks of the faithful all over the world. The teachers of the Christian faith use it, kneel before it, wear it as part of their raiment and yet they do not recognize it for what it is.

The cross is a maritime treasure trove of wisdom and it was likely a vital tool for constructing and designing the pyramids. Crichton has discovered the remnants of a cross hidden by the House of Amen in the Great Pyramid of Khufu at Giza. This amazing cross is capable of measuring angles to an accuracy of three arc minutes.

Crichton proposes that the cross is much older than the pyramids since it is also responsible for the construction of Neolithic henges in Europe that predate the pyramids by thousands of years. He has also found that this knowledge was rediscovered and kept secret by the Knight Templars and other "secret societies" throughout the Middle Ages.

This great secret probably led to the destruction of the Amerindian civilizations at the hands of the Conquistador when they found them measuring the stars with a form of the cross, called the Staff of Power by the Maya
www.viewzone.com...

edit on 11-3-2012 by Danbones because: added reference for those with eyes to see

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join