It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ‘smart concrete’ to protect N-sites from US bunker busters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Iran ‘smart concrete’ to protect N-sites from US bunker busters

Iran now has "indigenized" concrete !!!

And according to PressTV, Washington is worried !!!

This must be the counter measure they need to fend off
the dreaded "Bunker Busters" that the U.S.
will be supplying to Israel.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:43PM GMT -- PressTV, Iran

An article published by Aggravate Research website, which represents Aggravate Industries, stated that due to Iran's geographical situation, the country is under constant threat of earthquakes.

As a result, the website said, Iranian engineers are very good at developing “ultra-high performance concrete” (UHPC) which is among the toughest and most rigid building materials in the world.

It added that the new Iranian concrete, made on an indigenous formula, is now a major concern for Washington in addition to Iran's uranium enrichment work, whose technology has been also indigenized.

The Secret weapon !!

“Unlike conventional concrete, Iranian concrete is mixed with quartz powder and special fibers - transforming it into high performance concrete that can withstand higher pressure with increased rigidity,” the article stated.

Due to its combination, the new Iranian-made concrete is an excellent building material with peaceful applications like the construction of safer bridges, dams, tunnels, increasing the strength of sewage pipes, and even absorbing pollution.

Well, back to the Drawing Board I Guess !!

(for which side, I don't know however !!)

edit on Mar-11-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
some concrete ain't gonna stop a bunker buster

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I can honestly get a visual of Israel PM reading this report and freaking out then giving his best bud Obama a ring lol I would love to be a fly on the wall for that one haha ha lol....

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
1. If they want to get through some concrete, they will.
2. Even if this concrete withstands everything the US has, are even a quarter of houses made from this? I doubt it.

Good on them for creating better building materials, might have export potential.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Some are indeed convinced that the contrary may be true.

Article from PopSci 03/05/12

Won't be many ways to know for sure. There was a bunch of hype a while back about the facilities being too deep for bunker busters, but, as the common argument I've seen, it seems unlikely that will deter destruction; just because one bunker buster won't reach, who's to say two dropped consecutively wouldn't do the trick?

I truly hope the situation will not come to bombing/war, but... there are folks in power on both sides that seem to be exceptionally headstrong. I don't think Iran is anywhere near convinced that they should stop their nuclear endeavors, and some officials in the USA and Israel have made it clear that they are against letting it continue for much longer...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Proof they are up to no good.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I guess we will just have to build a bigger bomb.

We will get in. We will see what you are hiding Iran.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
some concrete ain't gonna stop a bunker buster

No, it wont, nor will rock, etc. But........

AWST several years back showed before and one ongoing pictures of one of the Iranian sites and it was an 100 m thick roof that alternated packed sand and reinforced concrete which would defeat all known bunker busters at the time. The packed sand is pretty dense in and of itself and the alternating layers present fusing problems for a bomb.

Couple this with the fact that Iran like else were has enough smart engineers and they have had a 20+ year front row seat on how the US goes after bunkers.

Plus mind you that those facilites are all spread out so you cannot land a decisive blow in one location (ie the Osriak reacotr)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Greetings,

I'm not surprised about the new concrete. For every new offensive weapon someone comes up somebody comes up with a way to counter it. The real question though should be will the new cement withstand a direct hit from a 500K to 1Meg nuclear weapon.

Israel is aware of the limitations of their airpower and their bunker busters. If they decide to attack expect a declaration of war followed up by a preemptive nuclear strike designed to destroy critical components of Iran's nuclear program and their military forces. The Iranians will be left impotent with nothing to fight back with and tens of millions of dead.

The world will be shocked and officially condemn Israel while it helps Iran rebuild its infrastructure to the point of being able to function as a nation. The action will send a clear message to the entire world. My best,

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is the worst of news ive heard as yet........................We all know what this means dont we?
I can just inamgine some airforce chicken hawk with a shoulder full of stars saying,"well, if we cant take the bombs away from the iranians, well just have to make damn sure we take out the Iranians.....!"
Iran will get the full and unfettered treatment.the massive strike will go on for literally days 24 / 7
Look for millions of dead and the same number wounded and displaced peoples.....
Well go bankrupt buying bombs to ship over there, because they cannot stop or even pauise till they will be sure that there can be no retailaition.
I hope the Iranians do know what they are unleashing upon themselves and the rest of the world.....
This playing footsie will have to stop soon for better or worse......

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Actually the US recently admitted that we weren't sure our bunker busters could break into their bunkers at all.. and that was before we heard about this "smart-crete."

LINK

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
More of the usual first we fail then we figure it out on the fly.Since these are indeed built we absolutely know where they are .When nukes are in the picture they tend to overreact.The US Air force asked for new weapons recently.
I have always wondered if they have tunnel boring machines why they haven't made a weaponized mole to counter subterranean threats.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Good for Iran for building such cool concrete. But it sounds to me like this is just propaganda by our own government to pump up Iran's capabilities, like we're doing with China and did to Russia. Some concretes not going to stop the USA and Isreal's agenda.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
this is pretty cool concrete, but i've seen better. there was a type invented that has small beads embedded inside with a microscopic form of life that (if broken by a crack forming, or a chip) eat nutrients in the bead and produce waste that is essentially more concrete.

literally self repairing concrete. here's an article if anyone is interested.

www.newscientist.com...

this new concrete iran has won't save them from an extended bombing campaign.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Damn..
That is one of the coolest things I've seen.
How have I not heard about that?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you all remember the machines found Zion in the end.
Only Neo saved the people...

What does this mean...... um nothing

I thought i would share what i was thinking... tha machines burrowing
down to the city of Zion..

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would design my nuclear labs so you could have a lake about 50 feet deep built above it. The water should slow any bomb down enough that concrete and steel should be able to absorb any non nuclear explosion. I would think so anyway.You could also build a latice of steel withen the lake to also absorb and slow down any bombs and missles from making irect hits on your bunker.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
why does a peaceful program need protection ?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

because there are war mongering countries that are threatening to attack them .

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by syrinx high priest

because there are war mongering countries that are threatening to attack them .

Please quote, or source that statement...
What country threatened to attack Iran's "sewage pipes, dams, etc..."?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join