It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Obama has made the 5th amendment null and void

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

That's because there are only a few talking points allowed in the media. They steer everything into either 'right' or 'left'. The people are brainwashed by the government controlled media which only espouses government controlled messages. Now they are trying to government control the food and water. . . . since Monsanto IS government.

I don't think there is a governmental solution. They are the problem. The system is so corrupt that no individual elected to office can save it.

edit on 12/3/12 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
The Constitution says that Congress can quell a rebellion any way it wants....They have very broad powers to protect our national security...it's in the original constitution, not an ammendment.
sorry but the constitution permits this.
I don't agree with this practice...I'm just sayin.
It does not say that. Congress may deal with "Insurrection" in one manner only. It may call forth the militia. Not the army, not the navy, not the marines or the FBI. The militia.

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union,
suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for
governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United
States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers,
and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline
prescribed by Congress;

Please research before making such pronouncements.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Originally posted by emberscott
Good for America. The American can stop things like this happening. But they don't. So they deserve these things to happen.

Can't blame anyone but yourselves Americans.

Spoken like a true foreigner. I'm curious, what great utopia of sunshine & unicorns do you reside from?

I was born in the US. Yes I have a state birth certificate, state issue ID, a social security card, a US passport book and a US passport ID card.

Why you would suggest I was foreigner?
Don't you know a "bigot" when your flamed by one "emberscott"?? These types of people would rather show hate to someone that may not seem American to them instead of trying to get along long enough to actually do something about the situation in America.This is the real problem, not the corrupt politicians. There are not enough people left that care about the American way of life to preserve or protect it any longer, that and these types of people hate when the truth is put right in front of them.

Sadly I think this happens to every country sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
reply to post by emberscott

I'll leave the blaming and shaming to you, emberscott. It sounds like YOUR thing. Blame away! Tell Americans that they deserve to be killed and that they are a bunch of fat jerks who watch Dancing with the Stars.

I've never seen that show, but I've seen accusations just like yours all over the web. Do you spend all of your spare time bashing Americans online or did you just happen to quote such a cliche' opinion by chance?

Wait let us review my comment.

Good for America. The American can stop things like this happening. But they don't. So they deserve these things to happen.

Can't blame anyone but yourselves Americans.

Yeap, it appears you read something more than I offered. You do realize all those details are in your subconscious being forcefully suppressed by you yourself. It seemingly appears my comment allowed them an outlet and they are now lambasting you. But you have the audacity to attempt directing this at me. The truth does hurt. Admit it, you hate yourself more than you hate me.

You do realize, emberscott, that individual countries no longer make their own sovereign choices as to how to run their countries? The orders come from a central point (The CFR?) and all countries implement changes. It may appear initially that some countries are 'winning', but it's only temporary. It changes and everyone submits and does it the same way. Ask Oz. 89% protested SMART meters. 100% of Oz has them now. It's a law. Do you think America will be allowed to say 'No' much longer? Probably not. Wake up, Child.

The CFR? Only applies to western countries. As for some countries only appearing to be winning, those countries peoples are still fighting. Winners can only be declared when the fighting is over. With the exception of Iceland. They won.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That's because Carlin was right, in this one, very important regard.

Our silence and complacency has been bought with toys, games and gizmos.

R.I.P. Carlin, you frighteningly insightful man.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Protest = get killed?

Remember when US invaded Afghanistan, then Iraq, then Syrie....the list goes on. The fact that no one stood up for those people then, leaves me with the notion your 'citizens' won't even defend themselves. Lets face it, the rest of the world was aware America is filled with selfish, ignorant and quite frankly 'unintelligent' vessels. Karma is real, and has not bit any of you yet at the slightest! If anyone of you are going to do anything (ie handing out informational flyers in highly dense area, emails, chain letters,ANYTHING? - I suggest you do it now, because with each day passing of doing nothing, will only lead to paralysis and country die infront of your eyes. The only thing I fear is the real defenders of the country getting killed trying to take back their constitution.

PS, When's the last time you heard Israel not taking a hand out from your AILING economy - these people are the earths termite.

"Act now, or forever hold you peace"

Peace, the only solution.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by David134

. There are alot of Americans waking up to this now and I can only hope that we will retake our freedoms. Though I do believe the road back will be a rough and violent one. Already anyone who decries goverment is now being call a threat. "Domestic Terrorist", This is a word you will hear a great deal in the future.

May we find a peaceful solution to this problem. I can only hope. There are a few states starting to assert themselves to protect the citizens from the federal guberment. We can only hope they are not to late.

And there in lies the one non violent solution we have through the power to vote: your county sheriff. There are PLENTY of good county sheriffs out there who know the law and know they have power over the Federal Government.

If you vote for only ONE elected official and you want your vote to count and to have power, vote for a good county sheriff. Someone like Joe Arpaio.

ROFL, really? A guy facing two grand jury charges, who has been accused of racism several times and frankly seems to have a very strange idea about his actual authority and responsibility is a GOOD sheriff? I actually thought that the Dukes of Hazzard had a more realistic idea of what a sheriff should be!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
However what Holder and Obama are doing is wrong on so many levels, they are assassinating people with no due process at all.

Did Holder and/or Obama personally take the life of al-Awlaki?

Really????? I mean are you really serious or is this just a sad attempt at trolling?

So by your logic, or lack of, if I hired a hitman to neutralize someone then I wouldn't be guilty of murder?
You do realize that the motto on this site is "Deny Ignorance" don't you? Unfortunately I think you are on the wrong site.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Ghost375
The Constitution says that Congress can quell a rebellion any way it wants....They have very broad powers to protect our national security...it's in the original constitution, not an ammendment.
sorry but the constitution permits this.
I don't agree with this practice...I'm just sayin.
It does not say that. Congress may deal with "Insurrection" in one manner only. It may call forth the militia. Not the army, not the navy, not the marines or the FBI. The militia.

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union,
suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for
governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United
States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers,
and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline
prescribed by Congress;

Please research before making such pronouncements.

Could you please expand on what you think the militia is? The dictionary usually defines it as a military force, especially one raised from civilian population. Now, seeing as the army, navy etc are drawn from the civilian population, that kind of means they are the militia - wouldn't you agree?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You know..

I don't support this at all. This is a dark day and am shocked that Obama didn't veto this ability, or do something to make sure this never happens...much less use it.

I am also glad the right wing is also condemning this.

But I know..I simply know that if there was a rep in the house, you would be hard pressed to find a republican equally condemning it..they would be back in their "prude to be 'merican, wave the flag, you love tur'ists if you think he deserved due process" nonsense.

I want the right wing to develop principles that don't wash away with whomever is in office and the initial by their name. Politics should be about ideals being pushed forward, but what is really is, is a football game, and your required to cheer no matter what play your team does.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Ever hear of an Executive Order?
Know how to defeat one?

It's called an election and if Americans want the repeal of this law, I would suggest firing the person fhat approved it.

Other than that, what would you suggest??

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Funny you say that...because we actually cannot. Congress passes bills that are in its best interest. If we try to vote people out, we will not win. The game is rigged and we are losing.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Might as well get mad at any other President because the CIA has been killing people... foreign and domestic alike without trial far longer than President Obama has been in office. CIA is authorized by the President.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Could you please expand on what you think the militia is? The dictionary usually defines it as a military force, especially one raised from civilian population. Now, seeing as the army, navy etc are drawn from the civilian population, that kind of means they are the militia - wouldn't you agree?
NO! The militia is supposed to be every able bodied American male. WE are the militia.

Here is a quote from James Madison illustrating my point.

The highest number to which a standing army can be carried in any country does not exceed one hundredth part of the souls, or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This portion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Besides the advantage of being armed, it forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. The governments of Europe are afraid to trust the people with arms. If they did, the people would surely shake off the yoke of tyranny, as America did. Let us not insult the free and gallant citizens of America with the suspicion that they would be less able to defend the rights of which they would be in actual possession than the debased subjects of arbitrary power would be to rescue theirs from the hands of their oppressors."- (Source I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Other than that, what would you suggest??

Wait.. wait.. wait.. no.. Why ask me such a silly thing. You assume I do and will suffer your plight with you. I do not and will not. Make no mistake of that.

Just because I was born into US citizenship does not mean I still reside in the US. I suffered my plight alone long ago. My struggles saw me untethered. I am no fool, residing in the US is dangerous to say the least.

So the worst the US can do to me now is depatriate me. And what? I am not allowed to go back to the US?
I cry at night.

reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

I don not know what to say to this.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by something wicked

NO! The militia is supposed to be every able bodied American male. WE are the militia.

Here is a quote from James Madison illustrating my point.

The highest number to which a standing army can be carried in any country does not exceed one hundredth part of the souls, or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This portion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Besides the advantage of being armed, it forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. The governments of Europe are afraid to trust the people with arms. If they did, the people would surely shake off the yoke of tyranny, as America did. Let us not insult the free and gallant citizens of America with the suspicion that they would be less able to defend the rights of which they would be in actual possession than the debased subjects of arbitrary power would be to rescue theirs from the hands of their oppressors."- (Source I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789)

Well I suggest you tell that to the dictionaries. I've little time for the quote you have provided because a) it's a political tirade and b) it actually means nothing in context of 2012.If you want to live in 1789, then go for it, remember to unplug yourself from the net before you go.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ILikeStars

Bush didn't personally take anyone's life either...but

He gets blamed....what's the difference?

Usama Bin Laden didn't take anyone's life on 9-11 either. He got blamed. America went to war with at least two countries that none of the hijackers were from.

Hitler did not kill millions of Jews.

Mao did not kill millions of people.

Big tobacco has killed more people than all of them combined, and it's legal.

It's about spin, propaganda, and controlling perspectives, me thinks.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

However what Holder and Obama are doing is wrong on so many levels, they are assassinating people with no due process at all.

Did Holder and/or Obama personally take the life of al-Awlaki?

Really????? I mean are you really serious or is this just a sad attempt at trolling?

So by your logic, or lack of, if I hired a hitman to neutralize someone then I wouldn't be guilty of murder?

Sure. You are guilty of murder if you are an American who pays taxes and hired Obama and Holder and empowered them to hire military members who carried out the hit. Why stop at Obama and Holder? What laws exist that absolve the American people of all blame, accountability, and responsibility for killing people in other nations?

So, by your logic, or lack of, you ask me about such a legal matter? I don't even know how many laws there are, let alone what they all are and what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously. It's not like the laws are required learning in schools or anything like that.

I'm willing to bet my ATS account you don't know the specific amount of laws and rules there are in the United States of America. And, by that logic alone, arguing with you is just a moot point. If you'd like to discuss this further perhaps we would both be better equipped for the debate if we both knew what all the laws are word for word, and what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously for any given situation.

You do realize that the motto on this site is "Deny Ignorance" don't you? Unfortunately I think you are on the wrong site.

edit on 12-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: Rainbows and Unicorns

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Can you hear me clapping my hands?

Good post!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
reply to post by Drew99GT

Might as well get mad at any other President because the CIA has been killing people... foreign and domestic alike without trial far longer than President Obama has been in office. CIA is authorized by the President.

Let's not forget they killed Kennedy, in a broad daylight to boot!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join