It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Obama has made the 5th amendment null and void

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
sad part is that in american "democracy", you can't even vote for the other guy because ones worse than the other.

can you imagine if every four years your choice for president is either a member of the communist party or the nazi party, without fail for hundreds of years.

yet these pigs call themselves "republicans" or "democrats" and have probably never even read the constitution, yet alone understand it.

america is the modern day rome. you have the caesars, the senate and all their friends and associates living in another world, in luxury and wealth, far removed and untouchable from the commoners and peasants that kill themselves for scraps.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
What a joke.... WTF are we supposed to do about it? What can we do about it? I been doing all I know how to do, hasn't helped any. Short of storming capitol hill and hanging all those fools for treason, is there anything we can do?

If you ever get a decent answer to that question, please let me know as well. I'll be happy to join you in whatever effort actually appears promising and not self defeating at the same time.

Right now, I'm focusing on the final few efforts I'm able to as a Missouri resident for Ron Paul. It's not much, and it isn't what you're asking, but I have no idea what else I can do anymore as one guy. Do share if you learn.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
I agree, David134...."Domestic terrorist" is a term you will begin hearing a lot. Some, associated behind the scenes in this administration, are very familiar (too familiar) with this label and have possibly used it to their advantage. They are all too aware of what that term is all about. I don't have to name names:

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

I also heard the term "narco-terroist" used recently.

Soon anything illegal will all just be terrorism.

The war on emotion

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Can the president kill an American? Sure. *It happened before....

President Thomas Jefferson shot and killed Rodney Cox on the White House lawn. Rodney Cox was from North Carolina and was discovered in the act of providing former Tories with information about American naval forces capabilities. After a brief questionable trial, Cox was convicted and sentenced to death by firing squad. President Jefferson served as the sole member of the firing squad. President Jefferson shot Cox only once, and he received a fatal wound. It took 10 hours for Cox to expire, during which he lay prostrate on the White House lawn. Afterwards, Cox was dumped into the sea.

Not sure if this is a new precedent or not. But, President Obama is not the one or group that killed that man. Someone else did it.
edit on 12-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Regardless of how questionable the trial was at least he got one. Just look at the state of our judicial system today, a large number of the trials we have are questionable. However what Holder and Obama are doing is wrong on so many levels, they are assassinating people with no due process at all. That is nowhere even remotely close to the example you just provided.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

On the Jefferson/Cox story as I read it is not established fact. The story originated in the movie Swordfish (2001), where it is mentioned by John Travolta's character, Gabriel Shear.

Internet rumors are legendary. Until there is verifiable proof this could be another case of urban legend. Before stating something as 'fact' where there is so much controversy might want to give a bit more detail, documentation, that can be verified or at least include that there are two sides to this story.

~is still a rose

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The Constitution says that Congress can quell a rebellion any way it wants....They have very broad powers to protect our national security...it's in the original constitution, not an ammendment.
sorry but the constitution permits this.
I don't agree with this practice...I'm just sayin.

You love to hold up the constitution, but the constitution DOES permit things like this. It really does...you people don't even know everything in the constitution, you just love to use the constitution to justify your viewpoints, the other parts of the constitution that you don't agree with need not apply.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I live in a town that's fifteen miles outside of Peoria, Illinois.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by arosebyanyothername

On the Jefferson/Cox story as I read it is not established fact. The story originated in the movie Swordfish (2001), where it is mentioned by John Travolta's character, Gabriel Shear.

I first heard about President Jefferson killing a man on the White House lawn in grade school back in the early 80s. I'm pretty sure the story did not originate from the movie Swordfish.

Internet rumors are legendary.

I heard about it in history class before the internet existed.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
However what Holder and Obama are doing is wrong on so many levels, they are assassinating people with no due process at all.

Did Holder and/or Obama personally take the life of al-Awlaki?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

However what Holder and Obama are doing is wrong on so many levels, they are assassinating people with no due process at all.

The getaway driver for a robbery gone bad, where people are murdered, didn't shoot anyone either. Probably had no intention of seeing anyone hurt and likely won't have known anyone did until well after the whole thing is over. It doesn't change the criminal liability for the deaths in a large % of states.

How is it the Political leaders who directly and personally sign off on the death of another are somehow less responsible than the accomplice to a homicide during a crime? ...and this isn't partisan. On this issue of the targeted murder of American civilians, we have a previous Administration that has a few things to answer for too.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

You must not have seen the subliminal messages on Fox News, "Blame Obama"

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Thanks for clarifying where you first heard the story. However, I'm going to remain skeptical until I can find more verification than the c/p story plastered all over the internet. I do not find one variation on the theme...all posts of the incident are identical (as in word for word).

Monticello

There is a very persistent story that Thomas Jefferson personally executed someone on the White House lawn for treason; some sites name the prisoner as a Rodney Cox from North Carolina.[1] We have no evidence that this event ever occurred: no such thing is ever mentioned in Jefferson's papers, or contemporary newspaper accounts.

~is still a rose

edit on 12-3-2012 by arosebyanyothername because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by arosebyanyothername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arosebyanyothername

Hey, if my teachers were wrong it wouldn't be the first time. I wasn't there, so I am not an eye witness. I just always accepted it was true. I remember hearing about it in 5th or 6th grade in mid 80s, and also discussing it in junior high and high school. Of course, I am not 100% sure it is true, just 100% sure I heard about it in grade school prior to the internet existing.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ummm, I hate to bring this up but ever since Bushco put the Patriot Act in force, all of your rights disappeared - just like any other Americans.

Jeez - read history for a change before you get going on these idiotic fantasies.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladygeek
Ummm, I hate to bring this up but ever since Bushco put the Patriot Act in force, all of your rights disappeared - just like any other Americans.

Jeez - read history for a change before you get going on these idiotic fantasies.

Can you show me what rights have "disappeared". Not combative, just curious as your take to what has been taken away.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Next time you go into your local voting booth and read your ballot, you'll see a whole bunch of people running for president and many other offices. All it takes is the ability to read and make your choice.

reply to post by randomname

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladygeek

The most important thing, that history has to teach us, is no one ever learns from history.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

There's the whole Department of Homeland Security for one - a group which upholds the Patriot Act when you go through any airport for one. The Patriot Act is a complete violation of all citizen's civil rights.

Then there's the matter of police having no need to get search warrants.

The need to have a photo ID at all times (which is actually true in most states).

Need I go on?

I'm also a progressive and I don't like Napolitano and I look a hell of a lot better than he does at his age.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I agree, and also note that Romney will just offer more of the same.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join