It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Obama has made the 5th amendment null and void

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Judge Andrew Napolitano once again hits the nail on the head. Regardless of whether or not Obama was born in Kenya or if his pdf birth certificate is fake, he's done more damage to the US constitution than any other president. He has now anointed himself judge, juror, and executioner of US citizens.

Can the President Kill You?

The killing of al-Awlaki and the others was without any due process whatsoever, and that should terrify all Americans. The federal government has not claimed the lawful power to kill Americans without due process since the Civil War; even then, the power to kill was claimed only in actual combat. Al-Awlaki and his son were killed while they were driving in a car in the desert. The Supreme Court has consistently ruled that the Constitution applies in war and in peace. Even the Nazi soldiers and sailors who were arrested in Amagansett, N.Y., and in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., during World War II were entitled to a trial.

If the president can kill an American in Yemen, can he do so in Peoria? Even the British king, from whose tyrannical grasp the American colonists seceded, did not claim such powers. And we fought a Revolution against him.

Holder argued that the act of reviewing al-Awlaki's alleged crimes, what he was doing in Yemen and the imminent danger he posed provided al-Awlaki with a substituted form of due process. He did not mention how this substitution applied to al-Awlaki's 16-year-old son and a family friend, who were also executed by CIA drones. And he did not address the utter absence of any support in the Constitution or Supreme Court case law for his novel theory.

You guys that still support this dictator and who claim, oh, nothing is going to happen as a result of the NDAA, might want to read up on your history. The US government and specifically, the Obama administration, has put into place the "legal" apparatus (although blatantly unconstitutional) to kill any US citizen it wants with no due process. Imagine if we had another revolution where US citizens got fed up with the corruption? The president can now kill you if he so chooses, with no due process. You think there wouldn't be a time when a US president wouldn't use these powers to kill political opponents? It's not like the history of man kind is filled with people doing that...

The founders fought a revolutionary war to institute a form of human governance where laws usurp men. Men are now undoing rule by law at a scary pace, and no ones seems to even care.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Funny thing is. every time they talk about passing one of these laws. its always in the name of protecting the american way of life and freedoms agaist the terrorists......

looks like they won

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

WTF is the point of even having a Congress anymore? These congress whores are asking the FBI director whether the Obama administration can kill US citizens on US soil, like it's a rhetorical question! The minute the FBI director makes the statement he can kill US citizens with no due process is the minute any congress person worth the suit on his back should stand up and immediately conduct congressional hearings and impeachment proceedings.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Good for America. The American can stop things like this happening. But they don't. So they deserve these things to happen.

Can't blame anyone but yourselves Americans.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Good for America. The American can stop things like this happening. But they don't. So they deserve these things to happen.

I agree whole heartedly. and I am an American myself. Most americans care about nikki minaj and katy perry. not the way the government handles things

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Sadly, I'm an American and I agree with you as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The FAA Reauthorization Act (H.R. 658.ENR) that Obama signed last month laying the groundwork for 30,000 drones to fly over US airspace may sound benign to some, but considering NDAA and now this information in the OP, all citizens concerned with privacy issues, Congressmen that slink back or don't do their due diligence, and the lack of transparency in this administration concerning the details need to stay vigilant and informed. "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

As a American I am appalled and upset by your statement. Problem is; Your right.

We gave away to much for the right to safety. We were beat over the head about the dangers of a group of people living in caves 5000 miles away, when the real threat was right in front of us

. There are alot of Americans waking up to this now and I can only hope that we will retake our freedoms. Though I do believe the road back will be a rough and violent one. Already anyone who decries goverment is now being call a threat. "Domestic Terrorist", This is a word you will hear a great deal in the future.

May we find a peaceful solution to this problem. I can only hope. There are a few states starting to assert themselves to protect the citizens from the federal guberment. We can only hope they are not to late.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134

. There are alot of Americans waking up to this now and I can only hope that we will retake our freedoms. Though I do believe the road back will be a rough and violent one. Already anyone who decries goverment is now being call a threat. "Domestic Terrorist", This is a word you will hear a great deal in the future.

May we find a peaceful solution to this problem. I can only hope. There are a few states starting to assert themselves to protect the citizens from the federal guberment. We can only hope they are not to late.

And there in lies the one non violent solution we have through the power to vote: your county sheriff. There are PLENTY of good county sheriffs out there who know the law and know they have power over the Federal Government.

If you vote for only ONE elected official and you want your vote to count and to have power, vote for a good county sheriff. Someone like Joe Arpaio.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree, David134...."Domestic terrorist" is a term you will begin hearing a lot. Some, associated behind the scenes in this administration, are very familiar (too familiar) with this label and have possibly used it to their advantage. They are all too aware of what that term is all about. I don't have to name names:

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Gotta say you're spot on. Most Americans have no clue as to what's going on politically or globally for that matter.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What a joke.... WTF are we supposed to do about it? What can we do about it? I been doing all I know how to do, hasn't helped any. Short of storming capitol hill and hanging all those fools for treason, is there anything we can do?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

theres always something.

we inch to that time of storming capitol hill though

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If Gov kills you with bombs from a drone, under remote control from hundreds of miles away,

it is for your own damn good.

Now get back to work, they need that tax money.

Don't blame me. I did not vote for him, cause he told us what he was going to do to us. What were ya'all think'n?
edit on 11-3-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I wish people like you would just shut the f up. It is a dangerous proposition to go up against these maniacs when you know they wouldn't hesitate to blow a few holes in you. It's all so easy to solve for us peons, right? Occupy was a good step. It's definitely not over. Where are you from?
edit on 11-3-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

BO is just continuing what GW started..... "The War on human rights... er no I meant Terror.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

You wish people like me would shut the f up? Ha ha you sound deeply upset. Cussing me wont make your situation any better. You wish to fault me for pointing out the truth. Fault yourself I had nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Three words "well regulated militia". It will take not hundreds but thousands of organized individuals working together to execute a mission to reclaim this land. The drawback to this would be the observing countries around the world watching for this to get started and then launch their own attack to take want they have wanted.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun
reply to post by Drew99GT

Funny thing is. every time they talk about passing one of these laws. its always in the name of protecting the american way of life and freedoms agaist the terrorists......

looks like they won

The problem is that the real terrorists are at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and the halls of congress and the people of America are too damn dumbed down by the federal education system to realize it.

IMHO we have no "representation" in this country anymore. I think that congress has sold us out and I think it was done progressively through the last several decades. Our congress has been either bribed by TPTB or threatened with removal from office or worse.

It is just like the recent ABC news story about sovereigns, we are in fact meant to be a sovereign people that is in charge of governing the government, not subjects of the government and its tyrannical rule. However anyone whom believes in the constitution or has the same feelings as our founders concerning government are labeled extremists or worse. I know some out there will say that there is no such thing as sovereigns and to that I can only respond with read the Federalist Papers, the Articles of Confederation, or the Declaration of Independence which have all been cited in USSC rulings. Or better yet read the writings of our rounding fathers, most notinly Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, and Jay.

Jefferson said that when you have an accumulation of all powers, legislative executive and judicial in one person our branch that is the definition of tyranny.

Myself personally I believe that we are inching ever closer to a pivotal moment in our history where we will be forced to choose whether we will allow ourselves to become complete subjects to the state, no different than livestock to a ranch owner, or whether we will stand for what we were designed to be, a nation of free persons living in liberty and free from a destructive, tyrannical government.

Personally I will never live as a subject to another because I belong to no one and the only one I am the property of is my maker. I will also never allow my children to be the property of anyone and will fight to the death to defend their constitutionally guaranteed liberty. I have served my country and seen combat more than I care to remember but the next time I see combat it will be in the form of protecting my country and family and TPTB need to remember that they trained me and trained me well.

I dont fear death, only a cage.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I too have been trained. Militarily and SWAT. I saw where this was headed and turned in my badge. When to serve and protect became to imprison and enslave i changed professions and began preparing for what is coming.... Glad to see I am not alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join