It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here doesn't trust the U.S. Government?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Let's not forget that if you want to buy a piece of land or for instance drill off the coast of the gulf of mexico they had to pay off the government for permission. Since when does the government own everything and everybody?

That right there is the reason for all this bs....
I guess it's an unwritten rule that they own everything and everyone and we just play along out of fear??

you don't really own the lot your house is on, the government does. They have property tax and they could easily add a new bs tax onto it...

Nice

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't think you're really gonna get anyone to say that we fully trust our government
. I don't, and you know I'm a Bush supporter. I don't hate our government, or want a revolution or anything like that, but they are just people. I trust them enough to feel safe, plus they really don't have all that much power. The way our system is set up, there are so many people in congress, most just regular people. Besides, they follow the same rules we do. So if they decided to pass a law that said everyone must wear red every day, they would have to do so themselves. That's why we have different branches, checks and balances. If one side gets out of control, the other side will be there to put them back in place.

And I'm sorry, I don't believe that kind of thing where they're secretly testing chemicals on us. Something like that would surely leak out. I know I'm gonna get alot of crap for saying this, but that's actually one of the reasons I'm conservative. Conservatives (Or at least what they're supposed to stand for) want less government activity in our lives. The Patriot act was more of a liberal thing to do. Conservatives want to do things for themselves, that means the government doesn't help or hurt. Well, there's my two cents..

[Edited on 22-9-2004 by Herman]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't trust any government. Anywhere.

Now, who's going to jump up and run out to start this revolution? Who will arrange for arms and training? Who will infiltrate the government to get more information? I have a sidearm and a shotgun, but nothing really useful in a larger combat situation so somebody will have to help me out. Might not get much help from militias since they've been held up as a redneck joke for so long now, so who's going to put an olive branch out to them so we can increase numbers? Who wants to be the first to die in American Revolution II??

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You all make excellent points and all of you are right. Personally, I'd rather protect myself then relying on the government. Let's face it. The government is corrupt and has been since the late 1940's. Maybe even before then. The sad truth is many Americans are playing right into their hands and are would not believe a word any of us on this thread are saying. All the government wants is power and money. That much is obvious. I love my country but I don't trust my government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join