It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here doesn't trust the U.S. Government?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Originally posted by mrmulder
I agree with both of you. I'm just afraid that if we do start one the government will come right back without fear and use Nuclear Missiles or Biological Warfare or even another terrorist attack and blame another country. Remember, they have the capabilities to this stuff. We don't. Unless we "the Revolution" get a hold of Nukes, Tanks and Biological Warfare.

If the public would actually figure out what is going on, and learned that the Government isnt the savior it claims to be, then nothing the Government could do could stop us. The could nuke one part of the U.S. and drop a Bio Agent on another part, but theres no way they could wipe us all out without killing themselves in the process. The Revolution would be to widespread to kill everybody.

[Edited on 21-9-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

Well, you make a good point but what about all the underground bases the government has developed. They could fire nukes on all major cities why they happily sat underground watching the innocent people of the U.S. suffer.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What would be the point of that? They wouldnt have anything to Govern then. Everything would be dead. They wouldnt risk it. The fallout from nuking every major city would devastate the Western Hemisphere, making it virtually unlivable.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What would be the point of that? They wouldnt have anything to Govern then. Everything would be dead. They wouldnt risk it. The fallout from nuking every major city would devastate the Western Hemisphere, making it virtually unlivable.

Once again, you make a very good point dreamlandmafia. They would need alot of people out there to govern that's for sure. Unless, they care only for their own survival but I don't see that in this government. I would love to see a Revolution start!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't trust the goverment, because its made up of people! Look at how human nature has totally fscked up over the years. Communism anyone? Sure it looked good on paper, but put in the ever-unpredictable human element and it all went to hell. The fact that our goverment is made of up of people as human as you and I means its destined to screwups, jealousy, revenge, greed, and all the other wonderful traits that make us human. If we could pluck the human emotions out of our goverment people we would be 100% better off, because they wouldnt be allowing their own views of things to cloud their judgment, or their vendettas against people, or the desire to have another term in office and stay on the federal payroll.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I don't trust the goverment, because its made up of people! Look at how human nature has totally fscked up over the years. Communism anyone? Sure it looked good on paper, but put in the ever-unpredictable human element and it all went to hell. The fact that our goverment is made of up of people as human as you and I means its destined to screwups, jealousy, revenge, greed, and all the other wonderful traits that make us human. If we could pluck the human emotions out of our goverment people we would be 100% better off, because they wouldnt be allowing their own views of things to cloud their judgment, or their vendettas against people, or the desire to have another term in office and stay on the federal payroll.

That's a good point alternateheavan. The question is should there be a government at all? If so, who should run it? No human is 100% perfect.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If there was such a Revolution the state Militias would play a major part. Along with the public once they become knowledgable about what is going on. There would need to be some way to get all the damn sheeple to just listen up and look at what is going on and to wake up and fight. They believe just about everything that the News Stations spit out to them, so some sort of mass takeover off all media stations would need to result. With some presentation showing the corruptness of our nations government and telling the people to take up arms against the federal government. Washington would need to be raided, and all head Government Officials executed, or atleast imprisoned. Then once the leaders of the revolution take power (with some new form of collective government) order must be restored out of the anarchy that would result after any fall of the government. Then the actual form of this new government needs to be established, and a more powerful Checks and Balances system would need to be setup to protect our rights.

I have too much time on my hands...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No human is 100% perfect.

HELLO! I'm standing right here!

Oh that's right, I forgot! I'm not human.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

No human is 100% perfect.

HELLO! I'm standing right here!

Oh that's right, I forgot! I'm not human.

Well, Jonna you're certainly a better person than those beauracrats in Washington. In fact, I think the majority of us on this board could do a better job than those in Washington right now. We on this board seem to care for others out there working and trying live a life of peace, freedom and saftey.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

If there was such a Revolution the state Militias would play a major part. Along with the public once they become knowledgable about what is going on. There would need to be some way to get all the damn sheeple to just listen up and look at what is going on and to wake up and fight. They believe just about everything that the News Stations spit out to them, so some sort of mass takeover off all media stations would need to result. With some presentation showing the corruptness of our nations government and telling the people to take up arms against the federal government. Washington would need to be raided, and all head Government Officials executed, or atleast imprisoned. Then once the leaders of the revolution take power (with some new form of collective government) order must be restored out of the anarchy that would result after any fall of the government. Then the actual form of this new government needs to be established, and a more powerful Checks and Balances system would need to be setup to protect our rights.

I have too much time on my hands...

I like the way you think!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As a bumpersticker I've seen several times says:

"I love this country, but fear the government."

I think it resonates with many individuals, just look at how many people fear the local police.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

I think it resonates with many individuals, just look at how many people fear the local police.

I sure would like to know where I can find that bumper sticker.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I think he meansthis one. I would like to order this one and put it on my Camry until I can drive, then everybody can see it.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I think he meansthis one. I would like to order this one and put it on my Camry until I can drive, then everybody can see it.

Oh, cool! Yeah, I would do the same thing but I'm afraid I'd get arrested for speaking my mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You cant have a Revolution if the members are scared of being arrested. o_O

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You cant have a Revolution if the members are scared of being arrested. o_O

Well, that's true. You got me on that one. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't even think revolution is possible anymore, for hundreds of reasons, the main one being that for all the crap people talk they seldom will ever back it up. We may act all passionate about it now, but when push comes to shove will decide they value their life above all else; and theres nothing wrong with that, human nature is to protect yourself. The way I see it 'revolution' is just a way to kill time when your bored, a passing daydream and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Everything everyone has said plus:

The fact they sign pacts and treatys (Kyoto, Non-Proliferation, geneva convention, etc) and then dont actually abide to them.

The fact they accuse others of human right violations and then actually violate them themselves.

The fact they accuse others of terrorism and murder, when in fact the US terrorises and murders more innocent civilians than any other nation/organisation.

Comin from a foriegn country i dont have any trust that our close relationship with the US will last as they are notorious backstabbers and todays friends is tomorrows Saddam

P.S If there ever wasa revolution in the USA again i would definately find a way over there to fight for the cause, its something that i think i would be willing to die for coz i really dont like the way your system works and because you guys are the most powerful country right now your system has a bad effect on the rest of the world

[Edited on 21-9-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
First of all are all the things [read regulations and legislation] they do right out infront of everyone, but everyone is to busy, overworked or mindnumbingly bored to pay attention.

1) Patriot Act - money laundering provisions watered down at the request of the Big Tobacco Companies to protect profits from drug dealers smuggling cigarettes to launder drug profits. A bill pushed through, passed and supported by a frightened American Public without most members of congress even reading it. [note: not that they read most of the REAMs of legislation they pass, which is mostly written by lobbyists on K street.]

GEORGE WEASEL BUSH IS NO PATRIOT.

2) SEC/Havey Pitt (a former lead lobbyist for the Big Accounting firms) - Appointed to head the SEC which has always been underfunded and after the individual investor was barred from sueing accounting firms complicit in corporate accounting fraud was swamped with investor fraud incidents. [Enron, World Comm, Tyco, Adelphia, Global Crossing, etc.] After he bailed they put Webb incharge, subsequently found to have ties to questionable board practices and booted himself.

GEORGE WEASEL BUSH IS NOT A FRIEND OF THE LITTLE INVESTOR.

3) The lies that lead the gulible American people and some congress persons into supporting a war in Iraq, Which has had DEVASTATING CONSEQUENCES. We [read George Weasel Bush and Clown Crew] are creating a whole new source and generation of TERRORISTS in Iraq and providing safe haven especially in fallujah and other uncontrolled sections of Iraq. The war with Iraq is costing HUNDREDSs of BILLIONS of dollars, young American lives and creating more terrorists, and ALL FOR 'ABSOLUTELY NO REASON'

GEORGE WEASEL BUSH CREATES, INSPIRES AND FOSTERS TERRORISTS.

4) The so-called 'prescription drug bill was just a sham for peddling the 'wish list' of Pharmaceutical companies and ramming it down the throat of the Unsuspecting American population. It OUTLAWS FREE TRADE & OUTLAWS the government from Tax Dollar saving group drug purchase negotiating. Add to that a totally out of contol, complicated prescription drug benefit card and you have one more 'Take care of my rich buddies' tactic of this administration.

GEORGE WEASEL BUSH IS NO FRIEND OF SENIOR CITIZENS.

5) The complete dismantling of the EPA, including putting a lawyer from a Big Polluters law firm in charge.

GEORGE WEASEL BUSH IS NO FRIEND OF THE ENVIRONMENT.

6) The constant pandering to the lowest common denominator of intelligence. And using the least intelligent to crowbar our civil rights and liberties away from us. The low dirty, unethical practices and tricks and then having the NERVE to claim the 'moral high ground'.

GEORGE WEASEL BUSH IS CORRUPT EVEN WHEN HE IS TOO STUPID TO REALIZE IT.

I don't even believe in Satan, but if you told me 'George W. Bush worships Satan' I could very easily believe he does.

And these are only all the things that should be Obvious because they are done right out in the open. And with a trick [oops freudian slip] track record like that I can only imagine what goes on behind closed doors.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The FBI was founded by a man/system that was essentially blackmailing everyone in Washington.
The CIA has dealt drugs for decades right inside this country, along with fixing elections, assassinations, etc.
The US Military is rife with corruption, especially in it's contracting practices and revolving door employment for retired officers in Defense contracting firms.
I seriously believe the CIA, FBI, & ATF were knowingly responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing.

Washington is rotten. Nuke the place and do all Americans a HUGE favor.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sums it up pretty well.

Some more reasons I don't trust the government:
1) The cover up of TWA 800
2) Eminent Domain abuses (stealing private property & giving it to corporations in the name of 'public good')
3) The recent Supreme Court decision to restrict political speech (otherwise known as 'campaign finance reform'
4) Actions of the FEC to restrict 3rd parties from presidential debates, effectively giving the 2 major parties a 'pass' on important issues
5) Ruby Ridge - nothing like shooting a women dead while holding her infant. Why? Her husband sold a sawed off shotgun to an undercover fed!
6) The War on Drugs - how much money wasted there?
7) Pier 57 during the RNC

and let's not forget...

The shameless political attack on WatchedByThem to suppress his Badnarik sign.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join