It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here doesn't trust the U.S. Government?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would like everyone on this board who doesn't trust the U.S. government to come forth and speak their mind about why they don't trust them. It doesn't make you un-patriotic or un-american if you do or don't. I for one DO NOT trust the U.S. government. I love my country but I in no way love my government. Now that doesn't mean everyone who works for the government is bad. It is the majority of the people in the government who make dispise the way our government is running. Your thoughts?

Fox

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
After everything the US government has done to its people and to the world all the while claiming that their crap doesn't stink, how can anyone thrust them?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't trust a government that wants to govern more and more as the months and years go on... I don't trust a government that has hundreds of different agencies. I don't trust a government that doesn't trust the people.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Exactly I'll just name off a few reasons why I don't trust them:

1. Roswell
2. UFO Arizona Lights
3. Area 51
4. Aliens
5. Vietnam
6. JFK Assassination
7. Iran Contra
8. Watergate
9. Taxes
10. The Tuskegee Experiment
11. The Clinton Scandle
12. 9/11
13. Iraq
14. CIA Drug Laundering
15. Savings and Loans Scandal

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well - I think that's part of what draws people to ths site (although I'm sure all the Bush lovers will profess a dramatic love for their gov't...
- j/k you guys)

I respect the need for security and the desire to keep certain things from the public...but blantently shoving it in our faces and abusing those that blindly place their faith in our attempt at democracy is a stab in the back...

I have little trust - I know that there once were "do-gooders" in the higher ranks of our corrupt gov't, but their socioeconmic consciousness has been bought by greed and power.

How can you trust something you can't even see? Only ideologies and religions can cross that boundary...and I'm not even about to start worshipping the bloody rags who take my vote away and call my right to voice my opinions dissent and unpatriotic...

We all have our solutions and ideas for what would work best, but the onyl good they'll serve is for a spot on the bestseller list for the disenfranshised utopians

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

1. Roswell
2. UFO Arizona Lights
3. Area 51
4. Aliens
5. Vietnam
6. JFK Assassination
7. Iran Contra
8. Watergate
9. Taxes
11. The Clinton Scandle
12. 9/11
13. Iraq
14. CIA Drug Laundering

You missed a large and very important one. Secret chemical and disease testing on the very people they are suppose to protect.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Honestly I think you'd be hard pressed to find too many people "here" that trust the government.....the big problem is with those individuals that would never frequent this type of board.....that explicitly, trust the government!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

1. Roswell
2. UFO Arizona Lights
3. Area 51
4. Aliens
5. Vietnam
6. JFK Assassination
7. Iran Contra
8. Watergate
9. Taxes
11. The Clinton Scandle
12. 9/11
13. Iraq
14. CIA Drug Laundering

You missed a large and very important one. Secret chemical and disease testing on the very people they are suppose to protect.

Thanks Jonna. I've got more than just those listed. That's just the tip of the iceberg IMO.

One question I've always tried to ask myself is:

"What make a person evil?"

And I've come up with three important answers.

1. Greed
2. Money
3. Power

Their are other elements to this but these are three of the main ones IMO that drive people to become evil.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

And the USA PATRIOT Act. Where the Government now has the right to spy on every United States citizen.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

1. Greed
2. Money
3. Power

Their are other elements to this but these are three of the main ones IMO that drive people to become evil.

Well a bit of a side-line, but couldn't those three things all go back to the Ego? I've stated before that I do not believe in any sort of absolute good or evil. I suppose that an 'evil-ish' action could be seen as a selfish act with no regard as to the consequences it has on others.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here are some more:

Thanks to Jonna and dreamlandmafia for adding two of them:

1. Secret chemical and disease testing on the very people they are suppose to protect.
2. USA PATRIOT Act
3. Star Wars Program
4. Spy Satellites
5. HAARP
6. Skull and Bones (Bush and Kerry)

Geez, with all of this it's no wonder we don't trust our government. Whatever happened to "Let's ask the American people, the one's who voted for us, what they think of all this."

"Oops! I'm sorry the American people no longer count."

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

1. Greed
2. Money
3. Power

Well a bit of a side-line, but couldn't those three things all go back to the Ego? I've stated before that I do not believe in any sort of absolute good or evil. I suppose that an 'evil-ish' action could be seen as a selfish act with no regard as to the consequences it has on others.

You make a good point there Jonna. I guess evil is too strong a word. I remember a show called "Good vs Evil" and that's where I sometimes get that but Ego like you said makes me think of the term "Egotistical Bastards."

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Geez, with all of this it's no wonder we don't trust our government. Whatever happened to "Let's ask the American people, the one's who voted for us, what they think of all this."

Voted for Bush? The people did not vote for bush!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Voted for Bush? The people did not vote for bush!

You're 100% correct. We did not vote for Bush. Congress gave Bush the Presidency which is another reason why I don't trust the government.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We need a 2nd American Revolution!!!

Take back the Government.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
One to add to the list perahps...

What about our incessant reliance on "the middle man"...bureaucracy

Follow this, do that, fill this form out and take it here, then here, then back to where you got it from and then wait 10-12 weeks for a request for you to return to your local office, and then...

It impedes progress and thoeoughly succeeds in annoying the hell out of millions of people...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Amen!
...I've been saying that forever...seriosuly...we have the right to surpress the gov't if we see fit - it just takes "the will of the many" - I guess we here at ATS are not "the many"

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Amen!
...I've been saying that forever...seriosuly...we have the right to surpress the gov't if we see fit - it just takes "the will of the many" - I guess we here at ATS are not "the many"

I agree with both of you. I'm just afraid that if we do start one the government will come right back without fear and use Nuclear Missiles or Biological Warfare or even another terrorist attack and blame another country. Remember, they have the capabilities to this stuff. We don't. Unless we "the Revolution" get a hold of Nukes, Tanks and Biological Warfare.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I don't trust a government that wants to govern more and more as the months and years go on... I don't trust a government that has hundreds of different agencies. I don't trust a government that doesn't trust the people.

I know what you mean. I will quote what Michael C. Ruppert said right after 9/11. "It is possible to nail these people. You just have to know how to approach." That is of course aside from starting a revolution. The government can of course nail you too by sending you an anthrax letter and blaming it on terrorist.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I agree with both of you. I'm just afraid that if we do start one the government will come right back without fear and use Nuclear Missiles or Biological Warfare or even another terrorist attack and blame another country. Remember, they have the capabilities to this stuff. We don't. Unless we "the Revolution" get a hold of Nukes, Tanks and Biological Warfare.

If the public would actually figure out what is going on, and learned that the Government isnt the savior it claims to be, then nothing the Government could do could stop us. The could nuke one part of the U.S. and drop a Bio Agent on another part, but theres no way they could wipe us all out without killing themselves in the process. The Revolution would be to widespread to kill everybody.

[Edited on 21-9-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join