It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable true life happenings from ATS members

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The haunted book

edit on 15-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThEgIrLwHoFeLlToEaRtH

I posted once before about an episode of accelerated time I had with my mom. We were traveling from my grandma’s house & took a detour on a road labeled “Business District” so I could use a restroom, but instead we went around a looped ramp and ended up in a town about 30 miles away all within a few seconds. We could never find that road again!

You know I have been back to Death Valley many times and I know I say it was Furnace Creek. But that's only because I know it wasn't Stove Pipe Wells. Truth is, I have never been able to find that town again. And have heard a number of stories about odd places where odd things have happened and when they tried to return to the place of even simple directions, along paths they know well ? They can never find the place again.

Thank you for your contributions.

edit on 15-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Some very well cronicled renditions soldier I've read them three times and had the wife read them also. She loves this stuff. Spooky indeed.

edit on 18-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

That reminds me of the time i lived in a big old victorian house in Scarborough England. There was just my young son and i and the bedroom we used had a corridor behind it which joined up with the main staircase (for servants in the old days i think) anyway most nights when lid in the corner bed nearest this corridor i would hear footsteps going up and down the corridor down the 3 stairs to the main stairway/hall and then back again. Many nights i would just lay there in a state of disbelief at how clear they were.
I never got the courage to go and peep out of the door to see what it was, i was just hoping that it wouldn't come through the door or worse still the wall. I would often hear my son get out of bed when i went downstairs but when i went up to see what was taking him so long to come down he would still be fast asleep.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

Creepy feeling isn't it? The footsteps used to come right up to my bed. I never had the nerve to look to see if anyone was there, I knew there wasn't. At least not someone I could see. And if there was something to see, I certainly didn't want to see it!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlyer96

Woah, nightflier, you just gave me the creeps, you described dreams about teeths falling out, and then some relatives die within a week.

I've never heard of that before.
But last year i went to visit a friend. At the time he lived in a small hut his parents had in Spain. I was sleeping in the parents bedroom, since they have not been there.
i had the most terrible nightmares, where i felt first a tooth falling out, then several, until i lost all my teeth and even my jaw bones started to turn to dust, i woke up screaming, in a puddle of sweat.

Even my friend who slept in the other room heard me screaming.

The dream was really realistic and creeped me out. at the time i did not know what the meaning was (actually i thought in should go and see a dentist..)

Two weeks later, my friends mother passed away.
I havent' even known or met her.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Lately a lot of car accidents seem to happen right in front of the houses I preside in. One last month, three this month!

What's really strange is that the cars were positioned EXACTLY the same each time, which was on its left side. But the worst part is that I've seen three people die this month.

One of those car accidents happened two days ago. Me and my friends were having fun, boozing until we suddenly hear a loud bang. I was like "not... again", went outside et voila, a car on its left side. Helped people climb out but the girl driving the car had a gaping headwound (i actually saw brain). I talked to her, saying that she needed to stay with us and that the ambulance would arrive any minute now. She responded with a faint "yes... yes i'm still here". I talked with her for about 2 more minutes when the cops arrived and told me to get away from the vehicle.

Then, one of the guys who had been sitting in the car started screaming to let him near the car. What he said completely messed me up: "THAT'S THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IN THERE"

After a few minutes (which seemed like hours) the ambulance finally arrived, flipped the car back on its wheels (with her still in it, but they probably had their reasons), but ceased all operations after thirty seconds exclaming "it's over". That really messed me up.

Now I'm just wondering why the hell this keeps happening to me. Seeing three people die in a month due to heavy injuries, whilst talking to them just before... it's not pleasant.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

I was a kid when they were tearing down this ole steel mill. We used to raid the place come night fall. Only time I ever heard feet steps clear as a bell like that. Gave me the creeps but we all stayed with the program despite.

Creepy creepy.

edit on 28-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

WT

We could all see the iiron stairway and the footsteps sounded exactly like when one of us would go up or dowm them. We saw nothing. I bet if you would have looked. T%hat's what you would've seen, nothing.

Would I have lookerd ? F___ NO !
That night at the mill the wind was howling.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've been hanging out on ATS here since 2006, reincarnated as different usernames. (Same as would happen to me in civillian jobs, something would go wrong and I'd leave) but well, ATS is too fun to leave for long.

I'll give a short summary of a longer more involved experience. I was in the military a long time ago and stationed out near area 51 (not in) and unauthorizedly came into possession of an Eyes Only level piece of intel about ufos actually originating from....space instead of near here. I got into extremely bad trouble for a long stretch with both military and civillian federal agents. Authorities thinking the info's --authenticity was suspect.-- Though siezed possession of it. Even though. Odd hospitalization memories and missing medical records. Was polygraphed alot, and my abode searched.
This is the shortest I've ever condensed this experience.
After two enlistments in, I got out and obtained my FOIA files.
Longtime key ufo people know/knew/have known about me and my incident, but I have been met (perplexingly) with discouragement and exclusion, of sorts. The Truth Is Out There and many want it spun, redacted, (like FOIA files) and presented a -- certain -- way, I (can only) guess. Don't expect empathy, neither!

True so help me God ("But you can't handle the truth!")

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Razziazoid

Somethings are so unbelievable they must be true. Have you ever noticed that ? I think your story falls in this catagory yet sets itself apart from anything I've ever heard of. Un F______ believable !
You may have opened up a whole new part of paranormality.
Grave happenings seem to gravitate to you in a certain manner. What ever the hell is going on with you ? It is obviously coming from the mind. A beckoning ? A haunting ? A curse ? I feel there is something you can and need to do about this whatever it is. That crap would make me a nervous wreck.,

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Wow, so sad......

If I were you and your neighbors I would all get together and insist on some speedbumps, or traffic light, or reflectors imbedded in the road, something to change the scenario.

STM

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

Wow, so sad......

If I were you and your neighbors I would all get together and insist on some speedbumps, or traffic light, or reflectors imbedded in the road, something to change the scenario.

STM

Now that's sound advice. That might throw a wrench in thge workings going on there.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I figured I'd share my stories. First off I'm very intuitive i think its because I'm a cancer?? Not sure but i get feelings before something bad happens, When my grandpa was dying of cancer my mom told me my brother was coming in town, and I exclaimed, with out even thinking "He'll die the day after Stephen comes into town" And my grandpa died the very next day.

Also I have a problematic, drug addict brother (My family is a tad bit dysfunctional) One night I had a bad headache went to sleep and had a dream my brother beat up my mom. A couple days later sure enough he beat my mom. Freakishly enough my sister had a headache that very same night, and a dream of the same context.

Now on to some of my experiences.

I slept in the basement when i lived at my moms house, One late night I was watching tv, My brother was in town and sleeping in the family room down the hall. I heard a knock at my window and was thinking "What the hell?!" I checked my cell phone wondering what time it was and who on earth would be knocking. It was 1:30am I went to the window and looked up and all i could see was a bright white light (The street lamps cast an orange glow, so it def wasn't the street lamps) All the sudden i was on the other side of the room, and the tv was still on. I checked my cell phone again and it was 4:30 am. I was spooked and had no idea where the time had gone nor what happened. My brother is a doctor, and is up at weird hours, So i asked him the next morning if he was awake during those times, which he was. I asked if i came out of my room or if he heard a thud if i fainted, or anything which might indicate what happened. He said he heard my tv it shut off around 3:30 and my tv came back on around 4:00, he then asked me why i was up so late. This happened last year and im still not sure what happened. I don't think i want to know!

My second story happened a few years ago.
It was around 4am (I'm a night owl) I was driving my friend home. On the side of the road was a black SUV with a man at the trunk I wondered what on earth he was doing on the side of the road so late. Right as we were about to pass the man Went to cross infront of my car, and i was going to hit him, so I swerved my car, stared through the passenger window at the man. He was scarred and staring right at me, locking eyes with me. Time slowed way down, my chest tightened up and I couldnt breathe. Bad vibes! Then suddenly he faded from the head down. Time returned to normal, Chest eased up and breathing started to return to normal. I swore, and before i could say anything my friend turned around said "What the hell?! Where did that man go" He saw the same thing. I never went down that road again.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Okay, I've never written this down before, so it might take a while. It's completely true.

After my divorce, I bought a house in a very old but lovely neightborhood. I became friends with a woman my mother's age, who lived across the street. She was a widow; a pilot with her own plane, a world traveler, and a very interesting person. She loved to cook but hated to eat alone, so she would often call me over to have dinner with her. We would get smashed, eat her wonderful cooking, and have a blast, just the two of us.

Eventually, a friend of her's, a retired FBI agent, moved in the guest suite of her home to recuperate from an illness. She continued to call and invite me over for dinner, and the three of us blended well, and had some really fun evenings together. But her friend, who I'll call "Pete", developed this huge crush on me. He started sending flowers to my office and my home, he was constantly looking out the window to see the comings and goings from my house, and was always trying to get me alone. Sigh. I liked Pete, but in the romance department he was old enough to be my father, and it just wasn't for me, you know?

One morning, very early, I woke up to find him asleep in his jaguar which was parked in my driveway. I knocked on the window and asked him what he was doing. He said he'd seen some shadows in my yard during the night, and wanted to make sure no one was there to bother me.
I didn't like it at all. Pete was becoming obsessed with me. Of course when he figured out I was displeased, his response was to send me dozens of roses to apologize. (And I had grown tired of that).

Anyway, on with the story, I just wanted to provide you with the backdrop of the story (hope the ending isn't anticlimactic).
After Pete had lived across the street for about three months, he went in to the hospital to have heart surgery. He'd called about 9 pm the night before to tell me he was scared. I had friends over for dinner and movie, but told him he could come and watch the movie with us, if it would take his mind off things. He declined, but I met him on my porch and wished him well, and gave him a hug. I told him I'd come visit him in the hospital, and he decided to tell me outright how much he cared about me. I told him the truth, that I like him very much, but I didn't think I would ever care about him in "that way". It just wasn't in me to do. He said he figured that, but all was well, and we hugged again, and he walked back across the street.

The next morning about 10 am, my friend Ellen called to tell me Pete had died in surgery. Well, after surgery really. While he was in recovery, he had a blood clot that went to his brain, or lung, or something that resulted in his death.

What happened was three days after his funeral.

Again, I must give you a description to make you understand what happened. In my hall, there was a small table at the end . My hall had no windows, It was just a long hallway, with doors leading off it to the bedrooms. On the table, there was a linen tablecloth. Now, this was a table cloth that went on a large table for eight people. I had folded it, and folded it, and folded it, until it was small enough to go over this small hall table, so as you might imagine, it was thick and quite heavy. On top of this, was a silver bowl filled with potpourri, and beside that was a silver candlestick with a candle.

I was in the house alone, as I said, exactly three days after the funeral. I walked down the hall, and the tablecloth, which mind you was very heavy, was pulled up over the silver bowl and candlestick. Pulled up from the edges, and up and over the bowl. I was stunned knowing there was no breeze, or nothing that could have caused that. It crossed my mind that perhaps my golden retriever had somehow caused it.
I put it back the way it was.

In a few minutes, I returned to the hall to go into another room, and the tablecloth was back up over the bowl. I knew then. I knew in a flash. Mind you, "ghosts" had never crossed my mind. I didn't believe in them, I never thought about them. I thought they were something for scary movies. But, I fixed the table back, and went to my den to watch TV. It was summer, and I was wearing a tank top and shorts. I sat down on the couch, and suddenly there were three strong sensations of someone "blowing" on my arm. Humor me and do this. With force blow on your arm fast, three times in a row. That was what it was. No mistaking it. I rubbed my arm, jumped up, and said "Pete, I know it's you". I ran back to the hall to find the table cloth back up over the bowl.

I put it back, and this time, I hid behind a door (yeah, ridiculous, but I did it). I wanted to see the table cloth raise up in a ghostly way up over the bowl. Didn't happen. I demanded that he do it again. Didn't happen.

I called Ellen and told her she must ride with me to the cemetary.
edit on 3/30/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Continued from above. Ran out of characters.

Anyway, I stood over Pete's grave, and told him he could hang out at my house, but he must never let me see him because I would find it too frightening. I told him he must never do anything to scare me.

After that, I started doing a huge search on afterlife communications. Some of the things I learned were:

~ It looks like most things happen within three days after a death. It's like the person has some kind of "window" to hang around and tend to unfinished business.

~ One of the more common ways they use to get your attention is by "blowing" on you.

~ "Blowing" is consider as mischievous, playful, and purely to get your attention and let you know they are there.

Anyway, that's my story. If you didn't find it strange, then maybe it's one of those "you had to be there". lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Once when I was out of town for a few days, I returned home to find my ex-husband "strange". He was very quiet, and didn't want to talk.

After about a week, I heard him having a nightmare and I woke him up. He started crying, and told me while I was gone, there was a horrible wreck in front of our house. He had been asleep, and was awakened by screaming. Three girls in their twenties were thrown from the car. He called 911, and went back to them with blankets. One of them had died in his arms befored paramedics arrived. Yeah, it "messed him up" too. He had gone from girl to girl to girl, trying to comfort them until help arrived.

So sorry. That must be so traumatic.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherz189

Wow you are very concise in your discriptions. Almost to the point of an awkward aprehensive fear of what you might remember upon relating these happenings. Truely this makes you easy to believe.

I have to ask is your brother both a doctor and a problem drug abuser ? also what country do you live in ?

edit on 30-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

All I can say is what a cute cute thing to have happen to you. That is nothing but cute. Loved reading it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

All I can say is what a cute cute thing to have happen to you. That is nothing but cute. Loved reading it.

How can you say that?

My heart was racing, and I was running around the house frantically. It was very unsettling .

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh my bad, I should clairify, I have two brothers! One is a drug abuser and the other is a doctor, they're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Haha. I live in the United States in Utah. I have alot of other stories one includes a haunting by my dead chihuahua, in dreams and reality.... I swear to god she later reincarnated herself into the dog i have now... The similarities in behavior are spookyily similar.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join