It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics intensify campaign against same sex marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Catholics intensify campaign against same sex marriage

This I believe is in England.

Seems to have an American ring to it however.

By Agence France-Presse
Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:11 EDT

LONDON — The Roman Catholic Church stepped up its campaign against civil gay marriage, with a letter from two senior archbishops being read out at services in 2,500 churches on Sunday.

The letter from Archbishop Vincent Nichols, the leader of the Catholic Church in England and Wales, and Archbishop Peter Smith, the Archbishop of Southwark, said it was their “duty” to defend the institution of marriage.

“Changing the legal definition of marriage would be a profoundly radical step. Its consequences should be taken seriously now,” Nichols and Smith said in the letter, which was being read out at parish churches in England and Wales.

The Article

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That's their position about this issue. No conspiracy on that one. The opposite would be something new.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Dont know why religions have to get involved, go away. Why do they expect to dictate how people should live, when the people don't even follow their religion
They act like these gay people will be requesting to be married in a church, but I see no reason why our state can not allow same sex marriages, we already give civil partnerships.

Every human should be entitled to marry what or who ever they want and when.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Tribal religious leaders enforcing a tribal deity. What God do they worship? Because that's not a God of Love. All this "us vs them" nonsense perpetuating duality, which is why there are so many issues today. It's all a game of fear and control, not to uphold what "God wants".

"God needs nothing, lacks nothing and desires nothing because God has everything and is everything."

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm putting the catholic church in with the same boat as Sheriff Arpaio at this point.

They both talk just to hear themselves in the hope of getting publicity.

What they say holds nothing, so that boat is sinking.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I'm putting the catholic church in with the same boat as Sheriff Arpaio at this point.

They both talk just to hear themselves in the hope of getting publicity.

What they say holds nothing, so that boat is sinking.

Good one!

Both Fear losing control.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Tribal religious leaders enforcing a tribal deity. What God do they worship? Because that's not a God of Love. All this "us vs them" nonsense perpetuating duality, which is why there are so many issues today. It's all a game of fear and control, not to uphold what "God wants".

"God needs nothing, lacks nothing and desires nothing because God has everything and is everything."

Not sure about that. I thinks god wants something and have a reason for the action he/she/all do make. The difference is that our plan spans at most for a couple of years while god plans for at least thosands of years (probably million of years) in advance. But just making babies and everybody fitting the mole is in no way devine. Sorry god definetly want me and you to experiance life at this time on this planet. What that reason is I am not sure of. But from my point of view spiritual evolution definetly got me in this life.

I would say they are they are worshiping their idea of god that is both devine(for the whole/all) and ego (and this duality I have not been able to look past). So from my point of view they are both worshiping god(the 1 that is all) and what they call satan jumbled up in one. Some can see thru it and reach something more even thru Catholisism.

top topics

join