It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan president: American kills 16 in shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Afghan president: American kills 16 in shooting

news.yahoo.com

BALANDI, Afghanistan (AP) — President Hamid Karzai said a U.S. service member killed 16 people — nine of them children and three women — in a shooting spree Sunday that he condemned as "an assassination."

Karzai demanded an explanation from the United States, adding new tensions to a relationship already severely strained over Americans burning Muslim holy books on a base in Afghanistan. The burnings sparked violent protests and attacks that left some 30 people dead. Six U.S. service members have been killed in attacks by their Afghan colleagues since the Quran burnings came to ligh
(visit the link for the full news article)

Five people were wounded in the pre-dawn attack in Kandahar province, including a 15-year-old boy named Rafiullah who was shot in the leg and spoke to the president over the telephone. He described how the American soldier entered his house in the middle of the night, woke up his family and began shooting them, according to Karzai's statement.

edit on 11-3-2012 by ninjas4321 because: needed more info

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
this is truly disgusting and further proof fthat america is becoming more and more of a bully while i do support solgers this is an action that cannout be excused it is also like in veitnam were there were massicares of villigages because they might have been hiding the enemy

end the war now plese weve aready wasted all of our money fighting an invisible enemy

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Whoever did this is sick.

I think the U.S. needs to get our boys out of there. Too much death.

Thanks op.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Problem is what to expect by way of a backlash throughout the ME, things will get very heavy very fast on all fronts, watch this space

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Nevertheless, when the Muslims do something it’s a despicable act of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
not very good, we slaughtered thousands in japan/korea/vietnam/yugoslavia/iraq, that aint even a good kill streak on call of duty, must do better.
check out grand theft auto:my lai
then this for other fun, finally
how to get away with it and say other countrys have crappy human rights

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
When I heard about this one I immediately thought that the person who went on the killing spree was a friend or relative of someone who was killed in the response to the Quran burning incident. Not to change the subject here, but regardless of what they try to say about it now, they purposely burned those books and tossed them in the trash because they contained the messages that the prisoners were giving each other by writing notes in it. Of course, it would have been better to keep them as evidence or for use in intelligence research. IMO the military is not known for being smart about stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join