It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will these supposed Aliens return in Dec 21st?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by phantomjack

There are many other translations of the Sumerian texts other than Sitchin's that are completely relevant.

Can you show me these?

So to discredit the entire concept of the Anunnaki on one man's depiction, is simply ridiculous.

The whole concept is simply ridiculous.

Yeah. No problem. About 2000 years before Sitchin:

en.wikipedia.org...

Nephilim = Anunnaki

So now we are taking the bible as something literal? I do not see any translations of Sumerian texts there like I asked.

Do you believe in talking snakes as well?

Do you also think it is possible that Sitchin used this as part of his biased mistranslations?
edit on 3-11-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Not at all. But I still look at the bible as a work of history, and it depicts events regardless. You can't discount it as easily as you do Sitchin.

I dont look at the bible from a religious point of view. I look at it objectively and scientifically. No more, no less.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That was sarcasm, in case you didn't know. The truth is, the Ancient Sumerian People wrote down their HISTORY, what they saw with their eyes, heard with their ears, and felt in their bones.

And even more importantly it is to mention that they wrote what they saw AS THEY INTERPRETED it!

Go back 4000 years with a modern day computer keyboard. Ask them to write about it.

How would they describe it?

hmm?????

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cowDrinker
According to the new series of Ancient Aliens [...]

Do you know what season and episode or what the title of the particular episode was?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I would like to think of the return as a peaceful endeavor.

Lets look back at history for a moment and all of the religious texts that have been written and decoded. It would be fair to asess that the encounters with alien gods were peaceful and educational, even where the gods took to the females of the human race. It was not about humans being slaughtered by the masses. That would be the case if the ancient aliens were in fact our enemy.

Instead, the stories written of the "angels" from heaven or the "gods" from the skies treated humans as their children.

I would think that if there is going to be a return, that they would be friendly, not hostile.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I would think that if there is going to be a return, that they would be friendly, not hostile.

me, too! if these guys can fly through space and dimensions, oversee our progress...and who knows what else with their advanced knowledge and technology...what in the hell do they want from us? why would they come to take something from us? i think they would've killed us all long ago if that were their agenda.

i can't think of many histories/religions/stories i've ever heard or read of angels (even demons)/aliens/higher beings/spiritual "visitors" ever being violent. they're almost always depicted as being loving and bestowing knowledge and blessings upon those they visit...or...porking our women. they don't "come down here" and start cleaning house, or so it would seem...
edit on 3/11/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well with all the alien invasion movies with your average good alien movie here and there. I have no doubt there is a psychological game being played on humanity.

All I know is if one day there suddenly appears to be 3 foot tall Grey aliens, bug eyes, I know I will find it very hard to believe anything they say. And sure will question everything.

Lets assume:
Our government knew nothing about them.
Sometimes traumatic abduction cases were all made up

The chances humans came up with exactly what they looked like, yet never knowing they existed. Is probably astronomical odds that it would never happen in the entire time the universe has been around.

Just think, if peaceful ET came down and revealed who they are, purpose of life, all the good stuff. Who is going to do the work TPTB believe they are unfit to do? The only reason I believe hostility, while a possibility, probably won't be a problem, is because I believe certain people know and whoever is running the world would have no control. Talk about a major hissy fit right there.

If they were here before. Around the time of the Mayans, who is to say they are bound to the rules of time, and by using the Mayan calendar, jotted down when they would be returning as they knew humanity would be ready. Just looking at the last 10 years, I haven't seen any real advancement by human beings on any level. In fact I think we have de-evolved and gone backwards which is quite sad. Wars, propaganda, brainwashing, failing education system, smokes and alcohol aka assisted suicide tearing families/homes apart with death and alcohol infused rage.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Are you trying to say that people have never written stories?

They weren't trying to fool anyone. You fooled yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Not at all. But I still look at the bible as a work of history, and it depicts events regardless. You can't discount it as easily as you do Sitchin.

sure I can. It's a book that is thousands of years old, which has been translated, mistranslated, re-translated, and translated some more by many different people throughout history and across different languages. It depicts fictitious stories and fairy tales which teach lessons and morals not unlike modern children's story books.

I dont look at the bible from a religious point of view. I look at it objectively and scientifically. No more, no less.

Well, that would be a good thing if there was anything scientific about it. There's a reason religion and science are separate.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I hope you realize that Heiser is a Christian Author who is currently running a Ministry of his own.
Is he going to argue against theories that conflict with his personal belief system? Most people do, especially evangelical ones (he is self admitted).

Also, Ron Fritze, while he is seen as an ardent scholar, has not had a stellar career nor can it be said he is the top of his field. Fritze has his own views and ideas on the world and the start of our species. His focus of study was on the English Tudor's.

Essentially neither one can be esteemed as an expert in Sumerian Linguistics. What you have is a couple of guys taking an opposite stance of another guy. Please do not quote this source as fact it the future.

While I am not 100% convinced of Sitchin's claims, I find them more plausible than most. Anecdotal cultural stories from throughout the Mesopotamian, Sumerian, Babylonian and Egyptian cultures tend to support the idea of ancient astronauts and the return of some 'beings' as much as any other books written claiming 'God' will return one day.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthChilde

I will take their credentials and course work over Sitchin whos only degree is not in ancient history, not in linguistics, but in economics.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Many ancient civilizations/religions all around the world believe that someday the Gods will return. If anyone thinks that it's all just a made up fairy tale then so be it. I for one believe in the return of our creators whomever they may be. Whether it happens in 2012 or 4012, it will happen, and lucky who are those that get to witness it!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

sure I can. It's a book that is thousands of years old, which has been translated, mistranslated, re-translated, and translated some more by many different people throughout history and across different languages. It depicts fictitious stories and fairy tales which teach lessons and morals not unlike modern children's story books.

Well, that would be a good thing if there was anything scientific about it. There's a reason religion and science are separate.

Please re-read my statement. I said that I/ME look at the bible objectively and scientifically. I did not say the bible was scientific.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why are we still talking about Dec. 21 and 'the end of the world'?

It has already been established that we missed it due to the Mayan calendar not taking "Leap Year" into effect (Julius Caesar created it 45BC) and according to the Mayan calendar it is really January 2013 right now...
I hate to be the bearer of good news, but...you missed it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If they are flying American Airlines they probably won't get here on time.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I will take their credentials and course work over Sitchin whos only degree is not in ancient history, not in linguistics, but in economics.

Sorry.

Yeah? So what? Michelangelo was a sculptor, not a painter.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sorry.

Yeah? So what? Michelangelo was a sculptor, not a painter.

Those are arts and apply the same principles. That is really grasping for straws. Maybe you should have just not replied to that one at all.

Economics and translating the oldest written language known to man have absolutely nothing to do with one another. His lack of expertise shows in his failed mistranslations.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

December 21st will be a normal day like any other.

Is this your official prediction?
Where's your evidence for this?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It is indeed BS, because there is no such thing as the Anunnaki, "Nibiru/Planet X", or alien overlords.

And you know that from where ?? Your uncle told you ?? Even the Pope believes in aliens... Just saying...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

The problem with this is that even though they may be peaceful, they are not favored by the EBE's that already exist here, deep inside the military complex system.

TPTB will do whatever it takes to keep us "UN-enlightened"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDrakula

It is indeed BS, because there is no such thing as the Anunnaki, "Nibiru/Planet X", or alien overlords.

And you know that from where ?? Your uncle told you ?? Even the Pope believes in aliens... Just saying...

The pope also believes in God.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join