It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else getting tired of this U.F.O non-sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
People actually forget that U.F.O. does not mean "Aliens", I remember watching several episodes of the "UFO Hunters" on history channel...where Bill Birnes actually says: "A UFO abducted this young lady and you want evidence?", I can't remember which episode it was. But every week on YouTube, I always see a new U.F.O. video and most of them turn out to just be CGI or explained phenomenon OR man made objects (such as remote controlled or Chinese lanterns...etc.). People always attack me when I call the up-loaders "hoaxers". Funny thing is about 2 or 3 weeks later they are always proven to be hoaxes or edited videos.

(The Universe is very big and I don't doubt that intelligent aliens exist...and they most likely mastered interstellar traveler, but why would they visit a planet full of morons?..weekly.). I hope my grammar isn't too sloppy, I am semi-new to the English system of writing.

-Michio Kaku "Only 5-7% of the U.F.O. phenomenon is unexplained".
edit on 11-3-2012 by cowDrinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why would they not visit earth?
Sure UFO does not mean Alien but at the same time.. I would say its more likely than not.. that they have been here.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmagic

I understand, but you have to remember...those "fanatics" just look at a random UFO video and say "oh it's aliens"...how do they know that?..
edit on 11-3-2012 by cowDrinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I am getting tired of people that are endlessly trying to debunk/refute/proove/disproove something that hasn't been explained.
It's like they've been out of this world and that they have understood everything.
This is a small blue planet and there are 1 trillions of galaxies out there.
Instead of keeping your head in a box you should be exploring.
Just imagine the wonders you would find.

Edit: They probably visit this planet because there is more to it than just morons.
I don't think you can speak for the whole human species.

My 2 cents.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Shurima because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shurima

Bro, i can most likely debunk most of the U.F.O. crud on YouTube.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cowDrinker

Whether you can debunk it or not, It just doesnt stop there.
And... Youtube isin't the library of the universe.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

5%-7% is all I need to be interested. Although, UFOs don't interest me as much as they used to for those exact reasons. I would get on YouTube and go down the search list of UFOs, they're nearly always just unidentifiable dots of light. Also the connection that's always given between extraterrestrials and UFOs is that if it's a craft flying through the air and it does't look like anything we know we have on this planet well...must be from another planet. (If that makes sense, I'm getting tired.)

Just last month however, a close friend of the family who we've known to be a rock solid, no jokes, serious person, told us that he had seen an honest-to-God UFO slowly glide right over him and his house. He even had MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) come out to investigate, and they confirmed that everything thing that he witnessed was congruent with other peoples claims.
What's funny is that he drew me a picture of the craft he saw (it got thrown away before I could scan to post it unfortunately), I was watching a show on UFOs where MUFON was investigating peoples sightings and they drew a picture that was exactly the same as the one my friend did.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

Those might be highly classified experimental U.S drones. The U.S has had weird experimental stuff for years...why point it to aliens?.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Fair enough argument, since that is your point of the thread. Since I wasn't there myself to witness it, I only have what was described to me. And that was a large (bigger than a B-52) boomerang shaped craft that rose up across a treeline about half a mile from his house, then noiselessly and slowly glided towards him and eventually over his head and house only a football fields length above. He watched it for a few more minutes until it shot off into space like a meteor going the opposite direction. It had two lights he described as "unearthly" and said that there's no way anything we have on this planet is capable of acting in such a way.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You say:

People actually forget that U.F.O. does not mean "Aliens"
Which is true enough, but then you refer to the phenomenon as "U.F.O. non-sense."

If you don't believe in extraterrestrial aliens, that's fine, but are you trying to say that people do not see flying objects that are unidentified? If they do, then it is not nonsense (or non-sense, if you prefer).

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If 1 of these thousands Videos real....and i bet 1 is real..
and iam talking about extraterestials...
Ive seen this lights so many Times..and they are spotted over the hole world..and iam not talking about weatherbaloons,Jets or chinese lights and i dont think US is testing Drones here in Germany, Chine or else where....i know the differences..
edit on 11-3-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Looking at
US population 313 163 825
World population 7 023 324 899
www.census.gov...

The amount of reported UFO sightings for the USA in January 2012 were 508, than gives us around 16/day.
www.nuforc.org...

If we assume every part of the world are visited equally by UFO's, there should have been 11393 different UFO sightings in January over the world. That means that there are 368 different UFO's over the world every day.

I would say that the earth must be a very popular tourist attraction for the aliens

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I dont know... its the rant chit chat i am getting tired of...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Michio Kaku "Only 5-7% of the U.F.O. phenomenon is unexplained".

that's enough to keep me glued to the topic

if it were only 0.05% unexplained - I would still be scanning the skies at night and wondering

let's face it - even if it were all explained - we'd still have the entire universe to look at and wonder about

nope - not tired yet

I am tired of silly youtube videos though :-)

but even those are good for a laugh sometimes

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've always had an interest in UFOs, always have been, and always will be.

But i prefer natural explanations first.

The only thing that will settle the matter for me is if an actual spaceship landed on the Whitehouse lawn (or someplace very visible but safer), or a body.

I'd say that they would come here to earth for the same reasons scientists go to the deep oceans and bring back different life forms (which could be considered an abduction BTW), or an Anthropologist goes out to live with a primitive tribe:

They are curious about us and want to know more.

Assuming of course, they actually exist.

Of course there is one option that true believers don't consider. That is we could truly be alone in the universe. Until we actually find life, it's just an assumption to say that there must be. Until a body is found, then that really is the only other option.

But as for me, the only thing that will settle the matter is an actual body.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What I get tired of is the video shots of UFO's in the sky with a video camera or just a snap shot and its always blurry. Get a real dam shot of what it is or keep that video still please!!! I get sea sick watching them

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yeah i get tired of people posting things and having them think whatever it is they see has to be ET in origin...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cowDrinker
-Michio Kaku "Only 5-7% of the U.F.O. phenomenon is unexplained".

Only 5-7% of genuine ufo phenomena is reported to anyone. - WIGIT

new topics

top topics

join