It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
All this bull# the Islamist are made of finally got to this guy. Everyone has their limits i guess.

Believe me , after not knowing who the terrorist are , you would feel much better just killing everyone. Terrorist hide with the population and hate the population for hiding them deliberately. However , the population doesn't really have a choice , be with the terrorist or die by their hands.

You get pissed off at the entire religion and people and you wish you could kill any male you see that looks at you wrong , but you can't.

I dont know why he killed the Children though or the women. The women i saw were naturally attractive , not hot , but attractive and they would wait for us on our night patrols and bring us bread and talk to us through a translator. They hated their lives , they were robots , though they still respected their religion , they loved talking to us about America.

I hold no ill will to most of the women or children , however , the men i wish i honestly could have killed , you get paranoid. You guys selling you information dead the next day because he was shooting at you or you see guys you meet in the town on a daily basis and you had no idea.

The U.S military is a killing machine , not a police force. We are made to kill not play baby sitter.

----

Killing the men i honestly wouldnt have felt bad , they all are so radical. If you havent been over there i highly suggest you dont say "No they arent". The ones that arent radical? Dont speak to you. All you see are people yelling at you and if they sell you information , they are radical and will still be shooting at you. We should take into custody people that sell us informatino :/

----

Most of you have no idea what its like over there except what you see on the news. Not being able to trust some one , being in survival mode , and constantly taking pot shots from moron who cant shoot (luckily) adds up to a whole lot of paranoia and hate real quick.

I am a leader , these feelings will always be neutral , and this is why my religion is important. I wouldn't kill innocent people because my God tells me not too , not because my brain didnt want too. (Over there). I wanted to kill all the men personally. Would make my life hell of a lot easier.

----

I cant believe he snapped on the women or children as well , i felt sorry for them , specially the children , they were being "indoctrinated".
edit on 11-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
reply to post by Xcathdra

woman and children ... you really can't go much lower than this ..

Yes you can, and our soldiers have. Rapes, torture, human trophies, killing for fun....

Its all in a hero's days work. We are making their lives better. It has NOTHING to do with natural resources, you can guarantee that!
edit on 11-3-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Let's put this in perspective.

One day you're at home, recovering from the last invasion of your ancient homes. You lost a dozen friends and relatives and you still witness the scars of people who fought for your lands, missing limbs, burns and such.

A few years later, the people who once sold you weapons to fight off the occupiers, suddenly do a U-turn, and invade you - anyone who fights back is labelled a terrorist - your neighbour, your best friends - shipped away and tortured.

Whole villages are flattened - children arrested, old people shot dead at the side of the roads. Your own government gets bribed to accept these things, and suddenly some guy on the internet suggests the best course of action is just to surrender and take it.

Perspective.

Perspective. The USS Cole, Twin Towers, numerous bombings.

Why we're there is off topic.

WHAT we're doing there now? That's the topic. Want us gone?
Surrender.

Fighting us, having us fight with such constraints, it's only prolonging this and creating undue stresses on the soldiers fighting.

Surrender and we'll go away.

Don't surrender?

Expect more tragedies.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Believe me , after not knowing who the terrorist are , you would feel much better just killing everyone. Terrorist hide with the population and hate the population for hiding them deliberately. However , the population doesn't really have a choice , be with the terrorist or die by their hands.

You sound like a British soldier, circa 1776. That went real well for them, didnt it?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

BUT MORE CRITICALLY, what had the elected afghan gov and People done to the terrorists that had gone scott free murdering non combatants - both muslims and non-muslims, freely without any justice been served to them????!!!

An election might mean a great deal to you.
But not to the former "government" of Afghanistan that feels they were toppled and replaced by a candidate favored by the country that invaded their country.

The truth is the Taliban now control 70% of Afghanistan. I doubt they care about the US backed Afghan government. They are probably waiting out the war to take their capital back.The reason that the "elected" government has not done anything is because they really cant do much.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Agreed
Star to you
It's not so much the older generation though - from the true former mujahideen that I've met, they are all peacefull, helpfull, and denounce the Taliban
these are the real sons of Afghanistan

The typical 'fighting' age male is anywhere from 15-45
Where agreed 99.9% of the time it's a
No such thing as innocence, only varying degrees of guilt
Kinda thing

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Terrorist hide with the population and hate the population for hiding them deliberately. However , the population doesn't really have a choice , be with the terrorist or die by their hands.

You get pissed off at the entire religion and people and you wish you could kill any male you see that looks at you wrong , but you can't.

I dont know why he killed the Children though or the women. The women i saw were naturally attractive , not hot , but attractive and they would wait for us on our night patrols and bring us bread and talk to us through a translator. They hated their lives , they were robots , though they still respected their religion , they loved talking to us about America.

Where do you think these "terrorists" are coming from?
These guys are LOCALS... you know... husbands, wives, sisters of those "naturally attractive , not hot , but attractive" women that you saw.

The Taliban that the US is up against are NATIVE to Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

What? Have you been to Afghanistan? Obviously you havent, in my opinion, you would know this isnt an easy war. We cant just kill everyone and you kill guys you saw waving at you the week or day before. Its hard not to feel sorry for the people , but it builds that much more hate because you formed , a small , but still formed a bond of compassion that is quickly forgotten after a couple of months.

You realise , the population (men) , want to live this way and dont want to modernize , simply by Uniting the tribes and building roads would start massive changes in Afghanistan , but you cant build roads because they dont want them.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Exactly , so we are there. We dont really have a choice. Kill them over there or let them come to the West. The government is constantly restraining the U.S military. Unleash us , and this war would have been over years ago.

reply to post by Neocrusader

Exactly man , but they are a dying breed. You can tell , all the guys that dont want the war and constantly try to make peace for his village end up dead or are simply dying of old age. This new radical belief is becoming dominant.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The first day of 99% of news stories are to lay a first impression that is nearly impossible to unwind. The second day of news stories, 5% of the truth begins to leak out as the lies begin to break apart. The third day, everyone is running around confused because now everything is contradicting everything else. 6 months later, 90% of the truth over the incident is exposed and it is feverishly hidden from disclosure so as to not un-ring the bell in people's minds.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
how can you call the Afghans terrorists ..it is their country ..the invading forces are the terrorists

when i see a spade.... i call it a spade

american army yet again bring shame to the rest of the nations fighting along side them..

yet again it will be the British army to bare the blunt of american stupidity and work on damage limitation

the back lash of these events will be bloody
edit on 06/-05004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am now quite baffled why the US is still there?

Nothing is being resolved, it just gets worse every day longer the US is there.

I can not even imagine the horror that took place. I hope the ones responsible are given the harshest punishment possible. Who is in control of psychological assessments? Anyone even?

Give a man a gun, send him to a place fraught with danger 24/7, keep him there and just hope he copes because he has been 'trained'?

I think the individual(s) must be held fully accountable along with a few others who should be aware of signs that mental exhaustion/overload is possible. It doesnt take a genius to realise such situations need close monitoring. My question is who is supposed to watch for signs of mental stress?

I hope the American people kick up a real fuss and demand that they get out of there. If enough people shout loud enough surely something has to give?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It is apparent the troops have been battle fatigued for years. That is due to poor leadership and poor planning on the civilian leadership. We need to demand that these troops are brought back home, leave the middle east and protect our borders.
This war has no endgame, no reason to die for. As far as I'm concerned, Iraq, Afghanistan, and soon Iran are conflicts meant to keep the value of the dollar from falling via resource gathering.
Consider this:
Iraq = oil and establish military foothold to go into Iran.
Afghanistan = Lithium (Lithium is used in batteries around the world. Afghanistan has the world's largest deposit)
Afghanistan = Opium gotta keep that war on drugs going...very profitable
Iran = oil
First comes the military then the contractors.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Their home land? I dont think you know what Afghanistan is. They dont look at it as "their home land". They are a villiage nation. They have property , and its theirs , you come on it , you die. They arent paitriots , they use that as propaganda , terrorist organizations and your falling for it.

You thinking Afghanistan is a nation gives you this false sense of righteousness. They arent a nation , its nothing but tribes people with the only contact with the outside world a small radio in a villiage or terrorist and terrorist take the radios and T.Vs away.

The government in Afghanistan is so small America is the only thing keeping it afloat. If America left now , Afghanistan would be back in the 5th century.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A reporter-friend just twittered: "A number of Afghan witnesses said a GROUP of US soldiers, not just one, were responsible for the attack. Helicopter & flares also were seen."

No source (yet), but probable...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... -civilians-idUSBRE82A02V20120311reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Check out this link, its one of the first reports from Reuters, before the Spin Doctors got hold of the story...turns out witness reports say a group of "Drunk Soldiers" were the killers...plural...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Their home land? I dont think you know what Afghanistan is. They dont look at it "as their home land". The are a villiage nation. They have property , and its theirs , you come on it you die. They arent paitriots , they use that as propaganda.

You thinking Afghanistan is a nation gives you this false sense of righteousness. They arent a nation , its nothing but tribes people with the only contact with the outside world a small radio in a villiage or terrorist and terrorist take the radios and T.Vs away.

was that the same excuse uncle sam used on the native Americans

like i said a spade is a spade...maybe you call it a shovel

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Then this isnt that uncommon at all. Terrorist hide in houses with civilians. They could careless and we shoot the houses that have terrorist in it and we walk in and you have 6 or 7 civilians dead. It's not uncommon at all , thats how they fight. We dont have a choice but to shoot back , the family is huddled and doesnt leave the house meaning a small spray from a m4 or m203 pretty much kills the entire family.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The government is constantly restraining the U.S military. Unleash us , and this war would have been over years ago.

"Kill them over there, or let them come to the West"

You blame the failure of a superpower army to defeat a local militia after 10 years of fighting.... on a government that you claim is "constantly restraining the U.S military".

I dont think a government that drone-bombs villagers shows "restraint".

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join