It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The murderer has remained unnamed and there are reports that he has been flown out.

news.yahoo.com...
news.yahoo.com...

Theres no justice for the killed and the american public seems to be more concerned about the murderers mental health. Some are even saying he deserves a medal of honor....and others are labelling the victims as potential terrorists.

Americas moral decline is complete.

Case closed.
edit on 15-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
The murderer has remained unnamed and there are reports that he has been flown out.

news.yahoo.com...
news.yahoo.com...

Theres no justice for the killed and the american public seems to be more concerned about the murderers mental health. Some are even saying he deserves a medal of honor....and others are labelling the victims as potential terrorists.

Feel free to hold Americans accountible only AFTER you hold the Afghan soldier accountible for killing American soldiers simply because their cult leaders in the Taliban told them to do so. Feel free to hold Americans accountible after you hold the cult called Taliban accountible. After you hold Al Queida accountible.....

Like radical Muslims are any more moral? Where is your outrage over their actions? Where is the outrage over the death of onnocent Americans as well as Afghans over the idiotic Quran burning? Where is your outrage about the desecration of the Quran committed by Muslims by writing in them?

TRying to claim the morally superior high ground only makes you look as bad as the people you are trying to call out. What about the Taliban demanding captured soldiers be decapitated..

As far as your and Muslims "outrage" well all I can say is can I get a care check on aisle 2. I am more and more in favor of just wallking off some of the Arab countries and not letting anyone out until they advance to the 21st century and act civilized.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

news.yahoo.com...
news.yahoo.com...

Feel free to hold Americans accountible only AFTER you hold the Afghan soldier accountible for killing American soldiers simply because their cult leaders in the Taliban told them to do so. Feel free to hold Americans accountible after you hold the cult called Taliban accountible. After you hold Al Queida accountible.....

Like radical Muslims are any more moral? Where is your outrage over their actions? Where is the outrage over the death of onnocent Americans as well as Afghans over the idiotic Quran burning? Where is your outrage about the desecration of the Quran committed by Muslims by writing in them?

TRying to claim the morally superior high ground only makes you look as bad as the people you are trying to call out. What about the Taliban demanding captured soldiers be decapitated..

As far as your and Muslims "outrage" well all I can say is can I get a care check on aisle 2. I am more and more in favor of just wallking off some of the Arab countries and not letting anyone out until they advance to the 21st century and act civilized.

I've seen lots of posts like this, I really don't get it. Its frightening to be honest.

Its possible to be outraged by it all. Its correct to be outraged by it all. The Taliban have been committing atrocities since the 90s. Thats what they are about. Thats why they are the bad guys. Thats why we are fighting them.

To not be outraged by this incident means we've sunk to the level of the people we are fighting and thats ok. Atrocity is ok because it us doing it. If thats really the mindset then the USA has totally lost its compass.

The execution of children by a US soldier shouldn't cause outrage because there are other morally bankrupt people detonating suicide bombs? That we only need hold ourselves to the standard of other peoples evil?

If we can't retain the moral high ground and the respect of the populace what has been the point of any of it, what have people sacrificed their lives for?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Your'e basically saying "look at all those muslims killing US soldiers" and excusing the soldiers murders of unarmed civilians....women and children.

This method of discussion can work both ways.
The next time a thread about muslims killing non-muslims appears, one can just as well say, "look at those US soldiers killing civilians"...and proceed to excuse the killers.

You cant have it both ways....
you cant excuse an American killer citing the muslim killer...AND condemn a muslim killer while ignoring the American you excused earlier.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Afghans, like the WWII occupied french, are defending their homes and/or home land from a superior force of aggressive invaders / liars... minus fighter jets and a military industrial war complex, they use cunning & deception.

An Afghan who joins their military for the sole purpose of being paid to dupe US troops into trust.. is using the tools made available... you think occupied Americans wouldn't be doing the exact same things?.. of course they would.

Any poop kicking red neck "god bless america!" patriot who summarily dispatched half dozen Chinese occupiers AFTER duping them & taking their money.. would be declared a hero for defending der homeland & get a bridge named after him....

...yet when an Afghani does it defending his home, he's a terrorist or "murderer"... patriotism at its toxic best.

Americans who sided with Chinese occupiers would be targeted/killed as traitors.. would that be murder as well?.. no, wait.. USA is the master nation!!.. I forgot. Americans on US soil would be justified killing traitors & occupiers because we're special... brown people who do it are not special, but terrorist murderers...lol.. and scary boogie-men.

I get a kick out of the whole fake "American exceptionalism" double standard screed that pretends Afghanis / local tribal folk have no moral standing to defend ground they live on.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Any poop kicking red neck "god bless america!" patriot who summarily dispatched half dozen Chinese occupiers AFTER duping them & taking their money.. would be declared a hero for defending der homeland & get a bridge named after him....

...yet when an Afghani does it defending his home, he's a terrorist or "murderer"... patriotism at its toxic best.

Quoting this for truth.

One is a "freedom fighter". The other is a "terrorist".
Yet, both were doing the same thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

You missed my point.

I am saying there are people in this thread whose sole purpose for posting is simply to go after the US. I think they could care less about an American killing 16 people and care more about any situation they can use against the US.

My point in my list was to state you only see them posting in threads like this, while they completely ignore threads dealing with actions by Muslims / Afghanis / Al Queida / Taliban / Hamas / Hezzbullah / etc etc etc. They have said nothing about the Taliban urging people to kill Us soldiers for the Quran incident, or say anything about them calling for the beheading of soldiers over this incident.

I am saying, because of the people like that in this thread, and even more so in Afghanistan, the service member accused should be brought back to the Us and tried here per our status of forces agreement.

If they truely cared about the action, then they should care about all actions along these lines, including those actions of the Taliban etc tc. The fact they ignore it, or make excuses for the actions towards US soldiers, serves as a very clear example of where those members morals are.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

No im saying that you and others cuold care less about how afghans or Muslims act, so long as you can somehow blame the US regardless. You find the soldiers actions inexcusable, yet you find the actions of the Afghan soldiers / Taliban, killing US soldiers for no reason, as well as their own countrymen, perefctly acceptible.

Then again maybe I missed you and some other mebers posts on this topic. If you can link me back to your post in this thread where you take both sides to task and not just the US.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Based on your logic in the post then we can argue the soldier committed no crime because anyone of those 16 people could have been an insurgent / the enemy.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by GovtFlu

Quoting this for truth.

One is a "freedom fighter". The other is a "terrorist".
Yet, both were doing the same thing.

not.even.close.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

the actions of the Afghan soldiers / Taliban, killing US soldiers for no reason,

"No reason"?
The reason US soldiers are targeted is because they are invaders on Afghan soil.
Not very different from how the Russian soldiers were targeted by Afghans, while Americans cheered on.

I'm sure you'd like to think that American soldiers should somehow be exempted from being targeted by an indigenous people who's land America has set foot on. But.... that's not how things work in reality.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It seems that the soldier has been transfered to Kuwait. He still remains anonymous.

The atrocity is likened to Apocalypse Now in this article The Horror The Horror

"We must kill them. We must incinerate them..." Colonel Kurtz

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

The AMERICAN mass murderer been taken out of the country where he committed the crimes is total HYPOCRICY.
This had nothing to do with any military , He acted alone, and should be tried there by the people.
America is becoming the biggest lying and murderous regime since the nazis.
SHAME on every AMERICAN.
The blood is dripping from Your flag.
You are all responsible for allowing these fabricated corperate led slaughters to occur.
WAKE UP.
gravitor

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by justwokeup

I am saying, because of the people like that in this thread, and even more so in Afghanistan, the service member accused should be brought back to the Us and tried here per our status of forces agreement.

I wholeheartedly disagree. He committed a horrific crime that cannot be blanketed under the "it's war, shiz happens" excuse. He did this as a foreigner in a foreign country, and thus, he should face their legal system for it. To ship the SOB out of dodge is tantamount to saying, "Oops, sorry, your legal system doesn't count." Bull, it's time to start respecting their laws as the foreigners if we really want to be serious about treating Afghanistan as a "liberated" country. Let the "liberated" people send him through their legal system, and let Afghanistan have some semblance of control over punishing him. Otherwise, we're taking closure out of the hands of the relatives who deserve it the most.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

.... invaders on Afghan soil.

Like Al Queida and the Taliban......

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

Quite the contrary.. Whether or not you agree with his removal from the country your anger should be focused at the Afghan government. They are the ones who signed onto the status of forces agreement.

Im still waiting on the Afghan government to comply with its responsibility to find and charge the afghan who shot the 2 Americans.

Tell you what.. Afghan can deal with that and we will deal with our guy.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The taliban are native to Afghanistan...whether you like it or not.
As for al-Qaeda..... America seems to tolerate them(or their leaders) only when they are fighting Americas enemies... like say, the Russians during the 1980s.

Lovely double standard there.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The taliban are native to Afghanistan...whether you like it or not.

Way to obfuscate... The people who make up the Taliban are not all Afghans.

As for al-Qaeda..... America seems to tolerate them(or their leaders) only when they are fighting Americas enemies... like say, the Russians during the 1980s.

Thats when Bin Laden packed up his marbles and went home because he didn't get his way. Also you may want to actually learn history since at the time Bin Laden was a member of the Muhbajadeen, not Al Queida.

At which point Bin Laden got his panties in a wad because the CIA would not provide any more support once the Soviets were beat. They wanted US support in an effort to consolidate control of the country and the US said no.

Also they didn't seem to mind the US support when they were fighting the Soviets. So long as they were getting their way they were fine.. Tell them no and its Jihad.

Lovely double standard there.

Not at all.. Facts are funny that way...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by gravitor

Quite the contrary.. Whether or not you agree with his removal from the country your anger should be focused at the Afghan government. They are the ones who signed onto the status of forces agreement.

Im still waiting on the Afghan government to comply with its responsibility to find and charge the afghan who shot the 2 Americans.

Tell you what.. Afghan can deal with that and we will deal with our guy.

Afghan government.....joke.
Thry hjave been invented by AMERICA...they are puppets.

The AMERICAN mass murderer that slaughtered young children and women( big brave marine?????)
Needs to be dealt with by the people in the region He committed this mass murder.

I am not angry, I am sick of the double standerds of America.
You are tolerating such a fabulous country to become a fascist state led by ZIONISTS.
WAKE UP
gravitor

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

if this does end up being more than one soldier, i am wondering if it is a tactic of spiritual warfare? just check this article out:

www.aljazeera.com...

quote:
Until recently a fringe evangelical movement, warned against as deviant, "spiritual warfare" is rapidly positioning itself within America's mainstream political right. It's well past time for political journalists to start covering what this movement is up to.

As an example, leaders have bragged online about the destruction of Native American religious artifacts, which their twisted ideology somehow sees as a liberating act, promoting "reconciliation" between estranged groups of people. Critics, however, see it as reflecting an eliminationist mindset, while traditional conservative evangelicals have denounced the ideology as un-biblical. Some even claim it is actually a form of pagan practice dressed up in Christian clothes, according such artifacts a spiritual power that the Bible itself denies.

The ultimate goal is to replace secular democracy, both in America and around the world, with a Christian theocracy, an ideology known as "dominionism". The supposed purpose is to "purify" the world for Christ's return - again, strikingly similar to what the Taliban believe, but also significantly at odds with more common, long-standing Christian beliefs about the "end times", as well as the nature and purpose of prayer, and the roles of human and divine power.
:end quote

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join