It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
I wonder how many of these psychos will be going berserk once they head back home.
What goes around comes around.

I have spoken to a combat stress councillor first hand who said that the UK have councilled troops with PTSD in the battlefied. Not away from the triggers, bang in the middle of them! Not the best way of doing things

Perhaps that's why you don't hear of many if any Brits loosing it
I'm a combat trim manager myself ( mental trauma ) and can vouch for the way the Brits do it
Spot em early, catch em early, start the process there and then

CX.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
C'mon people don't be fooled , the zionist owned media will slowly brand "america" a big satan in a fasionable way! and it's only the beginning!...Why? prepare for the next "ruling state" that thee zionist planned, long time ago -> ISRAEL
edit on 12-3-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

Im not arguing 2 wrongs make a right. I AM pointing out the blatant hypocrisy though expressed by you and a few others. Even in your response to me, you contradict yourself in the first paragraph by acknowledging you value all life as equal and then you segway back into lecturing on just US actions. All of this after you stated in a prior post that the US is responsible for all the evils in the world.

Which is it?

In addition your making claims about casualties. Can you supply your source / link where you got the casualty numbers from?
edit on 12-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by sitchin

What are you talking about? I have fought with a British platoon. They are effective and brave. So were we. I don't see what kind of point you are trying to make with that comment.

Though we did make the first run across the field while they were still arguing about which formation was "optimal"

We heard them yelling at each other and then next thing you know you hear a couple of marines running across the field like a bat out of hell screaming " Oh sh*t , Oh sh*t ". Was hilarious. They secured an over watch and the rest of us moved up , but yeah. We made the first move so i think America wins on that one.

They did get 4 kills and we only got 2 , so they did kill more than we did , but they were moving against the wood line while we had a small detachment holding the left. We took 2/3s of the village they took 1/3 and got the outside wood line , right flank. So obviously they had more to shoot at , the two we killed though were in windows.

They also said CAS and GTG didnt count. If you guys didnt have such sh*t aircraft , we wouldnt have this problem

If CAS counted on the fleeing terrorist we would have had 7 kills
against your 4.
edit on 11-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

OMG, are you for real? Or you are in a first person shooter game on your computer?

You really consider killing people like a hobby, don't you?

I really don't like the way you talk on that post.

Big kids with big toys...

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

If a Brit can be brought to America to face the consequences of his petty crime then the American soldier must face the consequences of his appalling crime in Afghanistan and before the Afghan judicial system.

This is not the way it works with the Status of Forces Agreement we have in place.

Hand the guy responsible for the atrocity over to the Afghans. That is the right thing to do and it will appease everyone. Well, maybe not some Americans.

No, it is not.

You are an American citizen. When in another country (for any reason), and you are arrested under suspicion of committing a crime, things get very ugly very fast; and America generally sees to it that individuals are recovered and stand trial in our judicial system. Just as foreign nationals in our country are regularly turned over to their countries for trial.

Each country has a duty to its citizens. That is what citizenship is. You are one of us, and it's a cold day in hell when someone picks on you who isn't us.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
We are at war.

Why?

To what purpose? What threat is there? It's been ten years with no end.

This is why people are losing it.

We have no business there anymore, even if you think we were ever justified in the first place.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It does not matter how many war zones this bone head has been in. He took it upon himself to go kill sleeping unarmed civilians, some children. Being a father of two children, he should've at the very least, thought about how the childrens parents would feel. Post traumatic stress is a scape goat diagnosis. Hey, there is not a draft going on right now, he volunteered to go to war....I say try him, convict him, and sentence him to death, the same thing he would get if he did this crime back home.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

sniff sniff
smells like a false flag, probally a taliban plant, he was from iraq in the first place. than the taliban can say look at the american

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

... Just as foreign nationals in our country are regularly turned over to their countries for trial.

So why didn't this apply to Zacarias Moussaoui and why do the US authorities want to extradite Julian Assange, Gary McKinnon and Kim Dotcom amongst others? And lets not forget the forgotten NatWest Three who were extradited from the UK to stand trial in America for their role in the Enron scandal. Extradition, it seems, is a one way thing where all other countries have to give to America but America won't reciprocate.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You are defending SOLDIERS that made the choice to go in Afghanistan.

These civilians are at HOME. The soldiers are the invaders and IMO have no good reasons to be there. So, if the civilians or anyone from that country wants to retaliate, we don't have anything to say IMO. But if these soldiers do bad, the individual and the whole army should be held accountable because they made the choice to be there.

If they come in our country to kill innocent civilians, that is another game.

And for the other poster who talked about Canada and other countries that have something to do in that "war", i don't mind you pointing the army or the people that try to justify any of their actions, but leave the "ordinary" people that are against it out of this. As I only point the ones fighting and the ones defending them. I don't think all Americans are jerks, but the ones implicated in those actions, yes. BTW you are one of those trying to justify.

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
No one is condoning this act but in the war men get fu**cked up in the head. The energy is released and people get hurt many times. It is the common middle class men coming to the battlefield and getting stressed out. The people on the top who are calling the wars WILL remain cold to what is happening on ground.

Too bad but sad reality!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

So why didn't this apply to Zacarias Moussaoui

From your own source:

Having entered a guilty plea, Moussaoui was eligible for the death penalty. Germany said it would not release evidence against Moussaoui unless the U.S. promised not to seek death as punishment. On April 27, 2005, French Justice Minister Dominique Perben said, "When France gave elements of information about Mr Moussaoui to the American justice, I obtained a written engagement of the United States not to use these elements to require or execute the death penalty."[43]

France did not contest the holding and trial of this man in America. He was arrested here and held here. Further, I believe our extradition treaties stipulate that individuals suspected of crimes of his magnitude give dibs to the country offended. (IE - if he had blown up buildings in France then flown here to hide - France would still get first crack at him after we arrested him).

and why do the US authorities want to extradite Julian Assange, Gary McKinnon and Kim Dotcom amongst others?

You don't quite get it. "We" want them to face trial, here, for crimes against our citizens (or, at least breaking our laws). The countries that hold their citizenship, however, can give us the middle finger and say that it's not going to happen.

Conversely, however, if they have one of our citizens in their prisons, they can still give us the middle finger and refuse to turn over the individual to our authorities. This generally provokes political 'wars' and degrades relationships, but it really depends upon the individual case.

And lets not forget the forgotten NatWest Three who were extradited from the UK to stand trial in America for their role in the Enron scandal.

Because they conspired to break American laws and the UK agreed to the extradition. You have to be able to analyze each situation. In this instance - ENRON had little to do with the UK, and had not broken any of its laws and had no legal jurisdiction.

The group had entered U.S. legal jurisdiction by orchestrating a number of the workings of a U.S. registered corporation that was later found to be operating in violation of U.S. laws. However, they resided in the UK. The UK had little/no objection to turning them over to face trial for their actions.

Extradition, it seems, is a one way thing where all other countries have to give to America but America won't reciprocate.

No, not really.

www.dba-oracle.com...

In the USA, you cannot be punished for defaming the dead, under the legal assumption that no libel can exist against a dead person. However, it appears that in Germany it's a serious offense to dishonor "the memory" of the deceased.

Of course - this case has particular relevance to the ATS crowd. But little things like this get ignored for the high-profile red-herring debates.

www.theinquiry.ca...

10 Nov 2009

A former Roman Catholic priest who was extradited from America to face sexual abuse allegations today denied the charges against him.

It's not nearly as commonly publicized - but it is not uncommon, either.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Aim64C because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Well thanks to the internet I'm able to communicate with Afghans who can tell me what's really going on. Like this one for example:

www.youtube.com...

If you think I get my opinion and facts from the MSM you are greatly mistaken and I am indeed offended by such an accusation. You clearly haven't a clue which is quite sad for someone who claims to have been there. I mean really? And you really think you have improved the lives of Afghans?

You do realize that you are equating your internet research skills with on the ground combat experience right - go say that to yourself in the mirror with a straight face.

Say this "I have seen some you tube vids and talked with some Afghanis in a chat room I know what is really going in theater. In fact I know more than the combat veterans who have been there..."

If you can say that without laughing you win at the internets.

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

"ask some Afghani women if they are better off now or in 2001." Well I guarantee the 3 who were just killed today were much better considering they were alive!

That is of course if you consider life as chattel better than death - personally I'd rather die than be anyone’s property.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think the soldier should say he went crazy because someone in Afghanistan destroyed a bible or something. Apparently, that's okay. Maybe Karzai can release an apology.

After reading the story, I had a tear in my eye. Then I realized it's from this head cold I have.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

We werent in thier lands when they flew planes into the towers or the Pentagon, blew a hole in the side of the cole, set off a truck bomb underneath the world trade center during the first attack on it in the 90's, had our embassies bombed in Africa, etc etc etc etc.

We were in their lands in Saudi Arabia before 911. The 911 people were from Saudi arabia. The USS coke people were from Afghanistan? The 911 people were from Afghanistan? The first world trade center attacks were from afghan?

All false and you know it. I'm typing on my phone right now but as soon as I get home I'm going to requote you and tour post to shreds with facts

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The first thing I thought is paybacks a bitch.

We train these soldiers to be unthinking unfeeling machines but after 3 tours in Iraq and a new tour Agstan something is going to give for some people it's inevitable.

It's to bad like all mass murderers he didn't at least choose bad people to go after instead just a bunch of random families but we shouldn't be kissing anyone's ass or fretting over anything. The guy should be matched out into the middle of the town tied to a post and face a firing squad. Both as a lesson to any other troops and as a message to the afghan people that our rabid dogs will be put down.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yup.
For some reason, the Afghans seem to facing the brunt of US retaliation for 9/11.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
He's a brainwashed murderer.
He murdered.
Why the suprise?????

He should be set loose in the place He murdered, and let the people decide His fate.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Guinness world record for the biggest aggressor on the planet:

The US army flag has 183 campaign ribbons on it. Those 183 ribbons each represent wars. When you compare that to the 236 years the US has actually been around as a country, you're talking about a war on average of once every year and three months.

This particular nation has used some of the most deadliest weapons on human population ever created for example: Nukes, Napalm, cluster bombs and uranium ammunition.Plus a mad bunch of bastardized mentally unstable troops.

Ohh boy, i wish i could have added more stars.

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join