It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

No force apart from Alexandrer, who did

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

What you are mistaking is that we are not there to "beat" Afghanistan. We aren't there to beat Afghanistan , we are there to kill terrorist and we are doing it well and very efficiently , however , they use civilians if you havent noticed for cover , and we eventually are forced to shoot at the house and kill them and possibly kill the family or surround the house.Generally before we get inside the village , they will run.

Here is a news flash...

THE OCCUPIERS ARE THE TERRORISTS!

If the US military were there to kill terrorists, they would be turning the guns on themselves and not not sleeping children.

Forgive me for not knowing that sleeping in the room next to your daughter in the village that you grew up in equals to using children as human shields. You should really consider changing your avatar because the hatred and propaganda you spew is an embarrassment to your country.

In this case, one of the men got shot in the face while trying to protect the women and children, you're a lunatic if you think that's using human shields. You're so deluded that you think this massacre was a successful mission by your comrades, this mind frame of yours is frightening. People like you are the last people Americans want protecting them.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So far all I've heard are excuses this soldier had a mental breakdown based upon his several tours of Afghanistan.

Not good enough.

How many people loose the plot back on American soil doing much the same and always end up on death row.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Do we all really think this man acted alone? Burn a Koran, stir up the Muslims. Kill a few innocent civilians, stir up the Muslims. This has a resounding effect on all the Muslim countries, not just Afghanistan..

This smells & smells really bad. I'm I the only one that smells this? If those folks went as ape shat as they did because of a Koran burning, what the hell do you think this will do. This was IMHO done with foresite and planning. Not a lone nut case of a soldier. It will certainly be blamed on him.

All the while the Muslim countries will become more & more agitated. Violence begets violence. Now is there a new nationality to blame for any future false flag events in USA. They did it in retaliation of the killing of the innocent Afghan civilians that were killed.

Look out America, looks like the Taliban is coming, just in time for the election. IMHO. Not to mention as to how Iran will respond to this. Keep poking Iran and your gonna get poked back. This is fuel for Irans fire. Fuel for all the Muslim countries we happen to be in spreading freedom & democracy.

Some how freedom & democracy has turned into, war & occupations of other folks countries.. BS

No wonder the damn world hates us. We are all being lead down the primrose path, folks there sure as hell aint a rose garden at the end..
edit on 12-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What is victory in Afghanistan? People say it's to kill all the terrorists, but who are the terrorists? How does one know which Afghanis are the bad ones?

The families and friends of those civilians killed may now take up arms against the Americans. Does that make them terrorists and fair game?

Where does it end? You want to kill every Afghani, until there are none left. Like a genocide?

I see some say, we need to hit them harder until they surrender. But, who are "they", the Taliban, the Warlords, the angry locals who fight back? and what does Surrender look like. You expect them to put down their guns?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Victory in Afghanistan is keeping the opium flowing, getting the pipelines & bases built. And raping them of their natural resources. All the while telling them we here to help you.. again BS. It's easy to accept our help, especially when your looking down the barrell of a gun.They don'y want us there. They did not ask us to come there. We have zero right to be there. All of you who take the stance "we have to kill them over there or they will come over here and kill us" Say what?

Wrap your brain around this one. Our Government has let 25 million illegals simply walk across our southern border and invade us in silence, How dare they say we're over there to protect our border, at last look we bordered Canada & Mexico, not Afghanistan.. We cant keep the damn illegals out, why because were spread all over the damn planet spreading that "freedom & democracy" BS.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Do we all really think this man acted alone? Burn a Koran, stir up the Muslims. Kill a few innocent civilians, stir up the Muslims. This has a resounding effect on all the Muslim countries, not just Afghanistan..

i'm beginning to think maybe your right... oddly enough it was the Taliban who broke this story even before the afghan government released it...

i don't think we are hearing the whole story ... ive heard stories of death squads but always assumed they were bs....the lone soldier story is starting to smell fishy

edit on 06/-05004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What is victory in Afghanistan? People say it's to kill all the terrorists, but who are the terrorists? How does one know which Afghanis are the bad ones?

The families and friends of those civilians killed may now take up arms against the Americans. Does that make them terrorists and fair game?

That's the sadistic beauty of the current legislative and policy system in the U.S.. Anyone can be a terrorist, even US citizens can be "taken out" abroad, and people always accept more conflicts because...hey, someone has to spread democracy around the world through war and violence.

What worries me is not that there are people in the world that seek profit from this. What actually shocks me, is that whole societies are able to look away and accept this kind of thing.

And very good point. Now that his family and friends (of just one of the civilians killed) is going to seek revenge and justice (because that's how things DO work in that part of the world), are they terrorist too? Does their pain and suffering that provokes hostile actions makes that whole family a bunch of terrorist?

I think we are now clearly saying what some people have figured out all along. The moment people are so easy to label anyone as a terrorist, and put them under the "war on terror", it never ends. Never.

I see some say, we need to hit them harder until they surrender. But, who are "they", the Taliban, the Warlords, the angry locals who fight back? and what does Surrender look like. You expect them to put down their guns?

People who talk like that have no knowledge of what they speak of, pure and simple.

Violence only generates more violence. It's almost like a joke to see people around here pointing fingers at cops and authority, saying that many times they generate violence in order for protesters to "lose it", and yet, when we talk about "brown people" 12,000 miles away, people always throw the "bang them harder" argument.

It worked mighty well in Vietnam, and it's working mighty well in Afghanistan and across the world.

In Libya people are so grateful that now they are destroying anything that is connected to the West.

People never learn.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No Excuses for this man.
No Pity for this man.
No Mercy for this man.
He needs to be executed.
Slowly.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by EvanB

Sorry, but your job as a US soldier is not to do our political will. You swore an oath when you signed up to be a soldier. Which probably dosent mean anything to you, its just a bunch of fancy words without meaning. The oath you swore basically tels you not to do our political will. But to protect the constitution so that political will does not get out of hand. This means you have a obligation to the people against political will. You are supposed to know the difference between right and wrong according to the set of instruction given by the constitution.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

I am not nor ever was a US soldier but a British soldier..

Not once have I sworn to defend you or your constitution, however I have served alongside many great men and women in the US forces..

Who

Like us

Fight for each other...

Not for you

Not for our scum governments

But for who is next to us..

I am a victim of YOUR votes too.. By proxy.. Your votes sent ME to war too!!

Go figure!

Twice fked over!!

And they did

YOU ARE responsable

Blood is on your hands

Deal with it

edit on 12-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Mar 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

news.bbc.co.uk...

a letter to the ex prime minister from a soldier who refused to take orders....

Dear Mr Brown,
I am writing to you as a serving soldier in the British Army to express my views and concerns on the current conflict in Afghanistan.
It is my primary concern that the courage and tenacity of my fellow soldiers has become a tool of American foreign policy.
I believe this unethical short-changing of such proud men and women has caused immeasurable suffering not only to families of British service personnel who have been killed and injured, but also to the noble people of Afghanistan.

a thinking soldier who knows right from wrong.... verdict .... court martial and called a deserter

edit on Mon Mar 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
They should have had checks in place to notice that this individual soldier had went off the rails. If we are made to believe that they knew this individual was having mental problems. Why was he not stopped before he left the compound?

Although a despicable act by this individual. There is no justification to brush all those other soldiers out there who are helping the Afghan people. And who are doing a difficult job, while being under resourced, under valued by the very people they signed up to fight for.

Yes this soldier should be brought to justice. But through a Military Court not and Afghan Court.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think the best thing to do for US is to hand this soldier to the Afghans.

And let the afghans deal with him in the football stadium used for executions while thousands cheer on.

Does anyone really think it's possible to bring democracy to Afghanistan?

The whole thing is a joke!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The first casualty of war is innocence.

- Platoon

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Oh yeah and maybe they should do the exact same thing, with those individuals who blew up that British Tank and Killed 6 British Soldiers.

Maybe we can charge them over here in the UK, take them to a stadium in front of thousands and carry out an execution also.

Eye for an eye after all!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Your letter should have been directed to Blair, he was the one who started the ball rolling in the first place, with his decisions.

Blair has more blood on his hands than Brown does that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
do the afghanies have a guantanamoe?

Ps they have been known to task soldiers with killing civvies
( remember in iraq some sas were caught dressed up as muslims and caught laying ieds,
and then the brits went in with tanks and leveled the police station to get then back?
or Tim Mcveigh?... there was an orpfanage at OK)

voting?
Bush we know for sure because of the vote fraud convictions in Ohio was installed...look at the vote fraud re Ron paul in the republican primaries

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

hey
not to slam your bloodthirsty jerkfest to a sudden end
but if that's the case
why are you fighting at all?

if you're not there to uphold your glorious empire of blah
but are just looking out for your soulmate next to you
why not just lay down arms and find something more productive to do?
regardless of this irresistable "will of the people"
that you hate but are powerless to circumvent

nobody made you fight.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

What did you expect invading other nations? They will welcome you with a red carpet?

It's called guirella warfare where the enemy uses hit and run tactics.

90% of the Afghan people would rather live under Taliban than US installed democracy.

Last week Karzai and his government made new laws about women being treated as second class citizen following their Islamic religious laws.

And we have seen what happened with the Quran burnings.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join