It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
a breakdown ???? what a load of bovine fecal matter... it was cold blooded murder of 17 human beings ..
there is no justifying murder.
though as always the u.s will give him a slap on the hand and a nice shiny medal to go with it and the whole sickening show will go on as usual ....

By whole show do you mean the cold blooded murder the Taliban / Afghan government / Al Queida / Taliban have taken part in thats ignored by people on this site, or is your whole picture restricted to just those Americans who break the law, regardless of situation and circumstance?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I cant believe that people are still defending the murder of these Innocent civilians.

There is no excuse for the murder of Innocent live's.

The people whom committed these murderous act's are a pathetic example of human beings and the people defending their actions are just as pathetic as the one's that pulled the trigger.

Even if we were to believe that these's soliders were stressed out, ect, ect.
Its still no excuse. There is NO excuse.

I just hope that these stressed out soliders dont comeback home and kill your innocent family members just because they are stressed out.

And if they did happen to, well,,,,,,,, some would just call that KARMA.

edit on 11-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Expat888
a breakdown ???? what a load of bovine fecal matter... it was cold blooded murder of 17 human beings ..
there is no justifying murder.
though as always the u.s will give him a slap on the hand and a nice shiny medal to go with it and the whole sickening show will go on as usual ....

By whole show do you mean the cold blooded murder the Taliban / Afghan government / Al Queida / Taliban have taken part in thats ignored by people on this site, or is your whole picture restricted to just those Americans who break the law, regardless of situation and circumstance?

I dont give a damn who does it ... Im opposed to the taking of human lives there is never justification for killing. but humans still insist upon acting like primitives and the senseless slaughter continues.. how many mozarts , da vinci's , hawkins and other potential great lives have been lost before they could achieve due to the primitives slaughtering each other over nothing ?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Don't tell me you are there to prevent people being beaten to death..This story is one example of that. You have made matters so much worse. Afghanistan was not the opium producing capital of the world before 2001. I don't know how much some people need to see before they realize why you are there, and frankly almost find it laughable some think they are improving life for Afghans, you want to help? GET OUT!

Go spend about 25 months (my time in country) or so on the ground there and then we can talk about why we are there - until then you and I have no common frame of reference.

I will not debate the effect my presence in country had with someone who has no clue. You have never seen the Taliban in action - I have. To fight for those who cannot fight for themselves is why I chose Special Forces - ask some Afghani women if they are better off now or in 2001?

The general public get the spin that the MSM (anti-war except when its Obama's Libya) media wants you to hear. They have an agenda....

Do you think the laws in the US and Canada serve justice? I sure as hell don't.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion. I think lynch mobs and revenge killings went out of fashion a long time ago.

Well thanks to the internet I'm able to communicate with Afghans who can tell me what's really going on. Like this one for example:
www.youtube.com...

If you think I get my opinion and facts from the MSM you are greatly mistaken and I am indeed offended by such an accusation. You clearly haven't a clue which is quite sad for someone who claims to have been there. I mean really? And you really think you have improved the lives of Afghans?

"ask some Afghani women if they are better off now or in 2001." Well I guarantee the 3 who were just killed today were much better considering they were alive!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by sitchin
reply to post by Petest205

Lol, I didn't know we needed "authorization" to kill innocent civilians

i would be very careful on the comments you make on here when it come to civilians

just giving you heads up

Why is that? Are ban's incoming or something?
You shouldn't make veiled threats dude, ATS is mostly anonymous, it's not FB

What the hell?! I was simply pointing out the lack of thought somebody put into their comment! Why am I in the wrong for picking up on somebody else's bad wording?!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I just read the news report on MSN , apparently they havent confirmed if it was even an US soldier. It seemed he hasn't been captured or identified yet.

Having a breakdown isn't hard to see , if you have been over there. People play Call of Duty and think war is like that. It's not. They join the military all Call of Dutied up and then they find out real it quick it's not what they thought it was going to be.

In real life .. you aren't the hero such as in Mass Effect games or Call of Duty. Those guys you see get killed in that game? Thats you , you're a no body except to the few guys who know you. The hero dies in real life ladies and gentlemen. I suggest you stay out of it if you romanticized the military or navy with games.

edit on 12-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Everyone will blast me for saying this, but it's better to get them now then when we strap a bomb on themselfs or when we get a hold of a weapon and start shooting some of our soldiers. Just my thinking.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alienones

Wow. I wouldn't have said that if i were you. No idea what you are thinking about.

You don't kill Women and Children unless they are armed or some how posing a direct threat to your life. Ever.

I take it you have never seen a dead woman and child before? You think it wont bother you? It doesn't bother me seeing corpses until it does , its automatic and its out of no where , it's an instant emotion that hits you with shame and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

You can't resist it and you can't fight it or hold it back because its instant and out of the blue. I use to think it wouldn't bother me either , and again it doesn't , until it does , most likely only soldiers that have been there before understand what im saying.

Emotions off , everything normal , sit down watch a little T.V , BAM shame , guilt , saddness , anger for 30 seconds , and then it turns right back off when you finally rip your mind to anything but that. That little 30 second memory drains you emotionally and you become very annoyed and agitated real quick and at least for the next 8 hours every other word is a " F you , you dont know **** " .

Avoid killing women and children please.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Killing is not the problem... Religion is the problem, specifically killing in its name.

The Quran sanctions it...
The 10 commandments state it... (The correct translation is thou shall not murder, not kill).

While I applaud the sentiment, I question the intent. I see people make comments like yours a lot, however they are always quiet when it revolves around anything that does not specifically deal with the US. The moment its about the US you guys come out of the word work.

We still dont have all the details yet on the specifics, and we are now getting conflicting reports from the "civilians"
who supposedly witnessed the action. They are claiming there was mroe than one American present, which is not supported by the Afghan guards testiomony.

Right on though... carry on with your 100 meter rush to judgement. Why even allow Due process when we can just use Sharia mixed with ignorance. Going down that road would for sure sink us down to the level of the Taliban / Al Queida.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienones
Everyone will blast me for saying this, but it's better to get them now then when we strap a bomb on themselfs or when we get a hold of a weapon and start shooting some of our soldiers. Just my thinking.

Sometimes I wish they took warning labels off of products and let the idiots weed themselves out
edit on 12-3-2012 by ninjamikec because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Seems a bit of an Update?

Shooter identified as Army staff sergeant from Fort Lewis, Washington, a married father of three.

Base regarded as 'most troubled in the military,' that housed soldiers involved in Afghan 'thrill killings' case in 2010

Assigned to support a special operations unit of either Green Berets or Navy SEALs

He allegedly went into three homes early this morning and shot dead 16 people after suffering mental breakdown

Nine children and three women among those reported dead

Relative said he 'poured chemicals over their dead bodies and burned them'

Afghan President Karzai condemned shootings as 'assassination'

President Obama called attack 'tragic' and 'shocking'

Attack could deepen strife and comes weeks after outrage over Koran burning at NATO base left at least 30 dead

Afghan Taliban says in email they are likely to retaliate

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...# ixzz1osXvb4mP

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm calling this an act of terrorism, let's see if the msm agrees with me or not.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Devolving just like Vietnam.
edit on 3/12/2012 by Brainiac because: more

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Yea you are totally right, i heard that this US soldier could see into the future, and in his visions he saw that these 16 victims were all going to be suicide bombers one day, and being the patriot that he is he knew that the only way he could solve this problem was to kill them all with his rifle before they could do any harm......

Face meet palm of hand, Palm of hand meet Face....

Your thinking is the reason why nobody likes our nation, you're clearly making some crazy assumptions here and pretty much stereotyping all middle eastern citizens as terrorists......
edit on 12-3-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec

Sometimes I wish they took warning labels off of products and let the idiots weed themselves out
edit on 12-3-2012 by ninjamikec because: (no reason given)

Huh....

Its a good thing the Quran doesnt have warning labels on it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by spy66

Honour??? From YOU???

No thanks..

You call us dicks and scum... Why the hell should we give a rats ass what YOU think of us??

It IS NOT ABOUT YOU MORON! It is about the guy next to us.. Do you think that we fight for YOU??

Do you honestly think that we are that deluded to think we are fighting for some great cause, like our nations??

Not on your life mate!

We fight for each other and our unit... Period.. THAT is where we get our "honour" from not from the likes of you hypocrites who vote for the morons who send us to those places in the first place!

YOU ARE TO BLAME.... YES YOU THE VOTER!... YOU PUT US THERE... WE DID NOT SUDDENLY DECIDE TO JUST TURN UP THERE AND START SHOOTING... If you want to blame someone, look in the mirror you hypocrites!!... Blood is on YOUR hands too as surely as mine .. Your vote put me there..

We are trained killers whose job it is to do YOUR political will...

SUCK UP SOME GUILT...

THAT has got to be the most hypocritical bunch of garbage I have ever laid eyes on. So your telling me, that the average voter(person) is to blame for your crimes! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Who put a gun to your head and forced you to join? And correct me if i'm wrong, but do you not also vote?! Like the logic behind that post is just mind blowing!

MY crimes??

What would they be then?

And corporately, the voters ARE responsable for us being there..

You indorse it with your little X in the polling booth every time you vote in the next moronic government..

Yes

Suck it up

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Here's another video related to the incident

The soldier remains in US custody and it is unlikely that he will be handed over to the Afghan authorities. The Army staff sergeant still hasn't been named despite the promise that he will be identified.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

I cant believe that people are still defending the murder of these Innocent civilians.

A lot of prejudicial notions, here.

Pre - Before.

Judicial - judgment, determination, outcome.

You know these civilians to be innocent?

You assume skepticism is defense of the act of murder?

There is no excuse for the murder of Innocent live's.

The world doesn't operate off of excuses. It operates based off of capabilities and the willingness to evoke those capabilities.

The people whom committed these murderous act's are a pathetic example of human beings and the people defending their actions are just as pathetic as the one's that pulled the trigger.

The world is a pretty messed up place filled with little boys and little girls pretending to be adults.

You'll find that judgment and hatred are very easy to come by in this world. It's a coping mechanism. The less human we view someone, the easier it is to disregard their actions as "not human." It's the asshole boyfriend/slut girlfriend defacto defense mechanism. When confronted with the paradoxical nature of a person who is experiencing difficulty behaving according to their principles, we find it easier to classify them as sub-human and move on.

Well, most people, at least. I refuse to accept such notions, and will spend a great amount of time and effort discerning why someone could have done something so obscene while still being human.

That doesn't mean you have to accept the behavior. But it is impossible to overcome hatred until you begin to tackle the challenge of understanding the humans we are.

Even if we were to believe that these's soliders were stressed out, ect, ect.
Its still no excuse. There is NO excuse.

So what do you want done about it?

My offer to sacrifice Americans (preferably setting them on fire in the middle of the largest/most central intersection of town) was ignored, for some strange reason.

Like I said - you don't have to find the behavior acceptable. There are many things people do that I consider unacceptable; infidelity, drugs, listening to lady ga-ga; and some things, like rape; are unacceptable to a point where I will employ deadly force to stop such behavior. But that doesn't mean the person involved is somehow not human (even if I may frustratedly make remarks to the contrary).

I just hope that these stressed out soliders dont comeback home and kill your innocent family members just because they are stressed out.

Seems like a rather specific thing to hope doesn't happen.

Look - the value of life is a little different over there. Humans are a renewable resource. They don't place the same value on life that we do, here. Trying to compare our social responses to theirs is a bit silly. They rape and kill each other all the time over there. Their reason for being upset over this is not due so much to the loss of life so much as it is the disruption of the social hierarchy.

And if they did happen to, well,,,,,,,, some would just call that KARMA.

I'd call it a debriefing failure.

Karma is an interesting thing. People love to use it as a way of trying to cheat the very concept of it. It's saying: "I hope you die" via proxy. You aren't wishing someone dead... you just think that their personality is such that it warrants death and/or serious injury/misfortune. ... Which, if I am not mistaken... is a negative karma attribute that should have its own punishments in store.

It best describes how I used to feel about someone I had a bad falling out with; and how I used to secretly hope she was miserable as a result of her own hurtful deeds. That she "got what was coming." But on the other hand - I wanted to play the role of the hero - the person to save her from "what was coming." Quite a paradox, really, that served only to poison myself.

In the end - I didn't want to see her "get what was coming." It was just a way of indulging my imagination and self-righteousness. I wanted to see her happy and successful.

Which is why you don't find me on many witch-hunts. I'm not one for knee-jerk responses to things. Acting on emotional impulses has landed me in hot water many times in my life, and I'd rather keep the destruction it causes isolated to my person.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

I doubt they give him over to the Afghani authorities. He is claiming mental illness , which isn't to far-fetched.

2nd

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

So what do you want done about it?

Hand the guy responsible for the atrocity over to the Afghans. That is the right thing to do and it will appease everyone. Well, maybe not some Americans.

American authorities are currently attempting to extradite a British student Richard O'Dwyer for having a website that had links to Hollywood movies and American TV show. It almost seems that USA USA USA considers copyright infringement a more heinous crime than killing non-American children. If a Brit can be brought to America to face the consequences of his petty crime then the American soldier must face the consequences of his appalling crime in Afghanistan and before the Afghan judicial system.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join