It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Mohammed a cardinal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well did he try to be? I have been reading in alot of forums about how he tried to be a cardinal and eventualy the pope but was denied due to his 'Bloodline' but from what i read he went by the name of "Lothar Schmalfuss" (remind me of St Issa (Jessus in hindu/buhdism)) but the thing is i can't find much info about him other than forum posts, anyone know of any hard info????
Thanks
edit on 11-3-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

I think that whole notion comes from the 'Chronica Majora' written by Matthew Paris (d.1259), a monk...As far as I know it is the only place one can find evidence of this theory....And I'm fairly certain that most historians (both Catholic and Secular) believe that Paris's account is nothing but a fiction...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You know, it is somewhat unrelated to the main question, but I thought this would be the best place to ask.

There is a certain vein of anti-islam conspiracy theorising that states that Islam is nothing more than a plot by catholics to subjugate the pagan arabs that got out of hand. One of the linch-pins of this theory is that Muhammad's wife Khadija was a catholic nun that poked and proded him into doing this.

Now as far as I can tell, this idea comes from the most absurd and ridiculous of sources- A Chick Tract:
www.spirituallysmart.com...

The tract posts references in the relevant places, but I know for a fact that none of these references (Martin Lings biography of Muhammad, and Pickthall's translation of the Quran) make this claim. So where do people get this idea from? It is known that Khadijah's cousin was a christian (doesn't really mention catholic), but there is no such claim about her or any of the rest of her family.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.redicecreations.com...

All roads lead to Rome in their under the table plans. I've been thinking along this line for a while now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
22 Virgins and 72 Virgins Secrets of the Platonic Structure

And they just put alot of coding in things, hiding their "science" while massively controlling the peeps.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Did Mohammed attempt this before or after he decided to go the pedophilia route?

Mohammed's pedophilia was related to young girls, so this still might be off base.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Good question!
I'm not sure about him being a cardinal, but I did hear that his mother was an old crow!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If you check the publisher of the book in your link ("The Prophet"), you'll notice it is published under Jack Chick. So...yeah, what I said...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Did Mohammed attempt this before or after he decided to go the pedophilia route?

Mohammed's pedophilia was related to young girls, so this still might be off base.

You make me laugh with idiotic comments like these.

There are good chances your ancestors liked younger girls as well, just like in many
cultures around the world where girls got married at a young age.

In the 12th century Gratian, the influential founder of Canon law in medieval Europe, accepted age of puberty for marriage to be between 12 and 14 but acknowledged consent to be meaningful if the children were older than 7

It should be noted that Judges honored marriages based on mutual consent at ages younger than 7, in spite of what Gratian had said; there are recorded marriages of 2 and 3 year olds

For example, Mary Hathaway (Virginia, 1689) was only 9 when she was married to William Williams. Sir Edward Coke (England, 17th century) made it clear that "the marriage of girls under 12 was normal, and the age at which a girl who was a wife was eligible for a dower from her husband's estate was 9 even though her husband be only four years old."[1]

Wiki Marriageable age

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

It is not my opinion that Muhammad was a Cardinal nor a Catholic. However, there is actually something to such rumors.

Waraka ibn Nawfal was the parental custodian of Muhammad's first wife Khadija. He was a scholar of Biblical manuscripts. Some sources note him as a Catholic, a non-denominational Christian, or even an Ebionite Jew. Either way, he believed in Jesus and the patriarchal prophets of the Old Testament.

It is noteworthy that when Muhammad received his first revelation, his wife immediately arranged for a meeting with Waraka ibn Nawfal. Waraka was the first Monotheistic scholar to affirm Muhammad's prophethood.

Many historians throughout the centuries have drawn attention to Waraka's potential influence upon the very foundations of Islam. Islamic followers call it a miracle that Muhammad was able to recant poetic verses detailing the old prophets and Jesus. Muslims call this a miracle because Muhammad was illiterate, but they fail to acknowledge Waraka's influence. It is ludicrous to assume that Waraka did not talk to Muhammad about religion. Being Muhammad's "father-in-law," Waraka must have had many opportunities to discuss Judaism and Christianity with Muhammad. After all, Waraka was a scholar of the Hebrew texts, and the first religious person that Muhammad visited after his first revelation. This indicates that Waraka must have been deeply trusted by Muhammad and Khadija in religious matters.

Sahih al-Bukhari

Narrated 'Aisha:

The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.

The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Nawfal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Nothing really strange about his young wife, in fact his wife is quite old compared to the Jewish standards of the time.

SANHEDRIN, 55b: "A maiden three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition,

new topics

top topics

join