It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Possession & Exorcism?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

god created man. Man created evil, no supernatural demons exist only physical human ones, evil does not have powers, evil is weakness, man is weak so man is evil, strength the ability to transcend the physical comes from attune meant with our creator a pure aware mind and heart, and many years of devotion and renunciation. Man creates the devil with his clever mind and created evil with his weak heart

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have read about this case in the past and listened to the recordings a couple times. I did find it interesting in my reading that these demons identified themselves as historic "bad guy" figures. So do you, or anyone reading, feel that these figures were demons in life? Or became demons once they died?

One other question concerning this particular case. From my reading it says there were 60+ times they did exorcism rituals. Why didn't any of them work?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tritan
reply to post by AriesJedi

god created man. Man created evil, no supernatural demons exist only physical human ones, evil does not have powers, evil is weakness, man is weak so man is evil, strength the ability to transcend the physical comes from attune meant with our creator a pure aware mind and heart, and many years of devotion and renunciation. Man creates the devil with his clever mind and created evil with his weak heart

Evil existed before Adam was created.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

And midway through the video you hear the journalist say.. "It took 5 PEOPLE to restrain her". She was a 115 lb woman. 5 people really?
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The fact that a 115 lb woman required 5 people to restrain her is not proof of anything. Try working an overnight shift in any Level 1 trauma center emergency room on a Saturday night and this will seem less fantastic to you.

This is true... and Miss Anneliese was a younger women as well...

I've seen people in their 60--90s take out several nurses and workers before being restrained... and they're usually small aggressive people. Dementia can have very strange effects on people.

I met one individual who was 98 years old, and palative... yet still had a "grip of steel"... and even broke one person's wrist with said grip.

Some of these experiences inspired me to make This Thread... And made me reconsider the idea of "demons" as well...

edit on 12-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by Akragon

I have read about this case in the past and listened to the recordings a couple times. I did find it interesting in my reading that these demons identified themselves as historic "bad guy" figures. So do you, or anyone reading, feel that these figures were demons in life? Or became demons once they died?

One other question concerning this particular case. From my reading it says there were 60+ times they did exorcism rituals. Why didn't any of them work?

I think you'll find all six of the demons she mentioned if you read the "satanic bible" by Anton LaVey

en.wikipedia.org...

So by means of logical deduction... we can assume she either...

1. read the bible and knew the names already....

2. Read information from Alister Crowley...

3. Was actually possessed by these demons....

Listening to the recording you can hear a number of voices talking at the same time... How she made these voices, i have NO idea... Apparently from the written account she also spoke in other languages as well, but i've also read she actually knew more then one language.

One way or the other, the recordings of Anneliese Michal are Very strange... they actually send chills down your spine...

And i also believe to deny the existance of such entities to be a little nieve...

Anything is possible.

Now at the risk of "insulting" the christian Folk that might be reading this...

To give a personal opinion as to why these exorcisms didn't work.... The priest doing one of the exorcisms recorded did mention "the Triune God"

That might have been the reason for the failure...

James 2
19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think in a hospital situation the orderlies or nurses doing the restraining are still practicing healthcare, still trying to keep the person from harm. Restraining not so much for security, but safety for that patient or others. Restraining in the sense of tackling a person and shoving their face to the floor to handcuff a scenario like that is different. Usually in those situations there is no concern if the person is injured or hurt, you need them restrained immediately, band-aids can come after that.

Am I making sense? I've had to "restrain" people who I cared for that were going to hurt themselves, and I've also "restrained" people when bouncing in bars and they've left with broken noses, fractured shoulders, kneecaps, etc.

"Restraining" can be taken in so many ways, and in a hospital situation isn't like a cop/terrorist situation, know what I'm getting at?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That is true but the fact still remains... people that normally should not have "superhuman strength" by all rights... do manage to muster that capability in times of extreme stress.

It does not mean they are possessed by demons... it just means the human body can do amazing things

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No friend, your ignorance in this area isn't insulting at all, although I do appreciate the capital "F".
No, seriously, Jesus said some demons could only be removed by fasting and prayer remember? When the apostles asked why they couldn't cast out a certain demon?

P.S. James was right, God is One.

edit on 12-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: I've run out of excuses for my spelling mistakes and gramatical errors okay???

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

That is true but the fact still remains... people that normally should not have "superhuman strength" by all rights... do manage to muster that capability in times of extreme stress.

It does not mean they are possessed by demons... it just means the human body can do amazing things

I agree there. Like when a person will lift a car by themselves when no one is around to help a pinned friend. But in my opinion, this chick getting pinned and arrested is prolly no different than someone else being arrested. Perhaps if it's found out she was on PCP or something, but if she was stone sober, acting like she was, she was gang tackled and pinned down to be handcuffed with plastic ties on her hands and feet, that's pretty abnormal for a little woman.

edit on 12-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Though again, it might be abnormal but it does happen...

Now on the other hand IF one of these people starting spitting pea soup all over the place... and their head starts spinning... That would make me question some things.

This woman was speaking with at least two voices simultaneously... also something that can be done by normal humans but extremely rare...

That woman on the plane could be explained in many different ways... And demon possesion is the least likely of the explanations.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That would make me question some things.

Dude, here's how it went down. I read this thread when you made it, but at that time I had nothing for it ya know. But later that evening I went to Yahoo to get my email and that video was on their page. I was listening to it and right off the bat I thought "That chick's voice is weird.. oh well." And it didn't "snap" until the journalist said it took 5 people to restrain her. Then all of a sudden your thread came to mind. I didn't question the demonic voice in the beginning until they said it took 5 people to hold her down and she was 115 lbs. lol

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by Akragon

Great questions.! I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Demons indeed were historic 'bad guys'. That is, they were physical beings on the earth, and in the flesh they were called the nephillim. In the book of Enoch, demons are specifically said to be the departed spirits of the deceased nephillim. The nephillim are the offspring of the marriage of the 'watchers' and human women, they were giants (up to 13ft tall). They lived to make war, they defiled everything upon the earth.

"4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days - and also afterward when the sons of God would consort with the daughters of man, who would bear to them. They were the mighty who, from old, were men of devastation. 5 God saw that the wickedness of Man was great upon the earth, and that every product of the thoughts of his heart was but evil always." - Genesis 6:4-5

"And now, the giants who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the Earth and on Earth shall be their dwelling." - Enoch 14:8

Demons are also described as residing in the the underworld or 'hell' and that they can be contacted through processes of divination. The Bible also makes it clear that a human being can only be possessed by a demon.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

I dont know how true the book is but in the testament of solomon there is one demon who speaks of how he used to be a man that commited horrible atrocities. Might explain why these elites seem so hell bent on causing as much suffering as possible and willing to destroy the earth. Maybe something is telling them that if they do enough evil in the world they can become a demon. Also makes me think of caligula and as to why he suddenly became so crazy. But who knows.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

And midway through the video you hear the journalist say.. "It took 5 PEOPLE to restrain her". She was a 115 lb woman. 5 people really?

The fact that a 115 lb woman required 5 people to restrain her is not proof of anything. Try working an overnight shift in any Level 1 trauma center emergency room on a Saturday night and this will seem less fantastic to you.

This is very true. Drugs and alcohol can affect people in very strange ways. I have personally witnessed a person I used to know take on the persona of an animal (panther) while under the influence.

This person got out of control and we had to lock him in a room in the house. He became so violent and irrational that he was smashing into the walls with such a force, they were actually moving. The noises coming from him were truly disturbing, but nothing on the scale of the voices presented in some of the clips here though. In the morning he woke up and remembered nothing of it whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

No friend, your ignorance in this area isn't insulting at all, although I do appreciate the capital "F".
No, seriously, Jesus said some demons could only be removed by fasting and prayer remember? When the apostles asked why they couldn't cast out a certain demon?

P.S. James was right, God is One.

edit on 12-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: I've run out of excuses for my spelling mistakes and gramatical errors okay???

I've been thinking about that fasting and prayer statement and wondering if Jesus meant the afflicted person should be doing the fasting and praying - as opposed to his disciples.

I suppose fasting and prayer build self discipline which would be applicable to all passions. By governing these passions the afflicted person stops feeding psychic energy to the demon.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have a demon in me... when I was younger it caused division and suicidal thoughts in myself and a destruction behavior that I had no control of...

I was torn and broken for a long time I felt that I was crazy and lost. Until the day I embrassed my demon I let it become apart of me and then I became whole..

Time to time I will let loose and can feel my demons wings unfurl and because I allow it and plan for it I stay out of most trouble. Because I allow him to take over from time to time the rest of my life has become somewhat stable.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikem
reply to post by Akragon

I have a demon in me... when I was younger it caused division and suicidal thoughts in myself and a destruction behavior that I had no control of...

I was torn and broken for a long time I felt that I was crazy and lost. Until the day I embrassed my demon I let it become apart of me and then I became whole..

Time to time I will let loose and can feel my demons wings unfurl and because I allow it and plan for it I stay out of most trouble. Because I allow him to take over from time to time the rest of my life has become somewhat stable.

I'm curious what you mean specifically. I thought I was mildly under demonic influence for about 10 years. I have a friend that I'm suspicious about, because he will do strange things and not remember. And weird paranormal things seem to happen when I spend time with him.

But I think demons are murkier than religious people think. They have a psychological and behavioral component. Sometimes psychological problems can seem like demons.
edit on 13-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

I don't exactly know how to explain it properly but I will let you know what its like. As most people are taught you have a small voice inside that explains what is right and what is wrong and there are emotions that are tied to that voice.

When I was younger between the ages of 3-7 I would do bad things while I was asleep, I would have night terrors, I would leave my house and go into other peoples homes luckily my parents were friends with our nieghbors and they understood my problems.

My step father would beat me to try and fix the problems however all it did was make me hate him. By the time I was 7 my stepfather and I were no longer on good terms and I was not sleeping very much. I would have extremely vivid dreams of dying in many different ways and I would have dreams that I was just having a normal day and then wake up in a panic attack... which made me question even when I was awake if I really was.

Right before my 8th birthday I stuck my hand on a moving wheel of a tractortrailer my step father drove... I knew it was wrong to do but I couldnt stop myself.. I cut off three fingers at my middle knuckles and didn't feel a thing yet I remember it all. I with drew from the world after that. Retreating into comics and novels.. I found Steven King and somehow reading his books made me feel better.

I went to therapy because I was freaking my mother out by talking to myself and I had gotten kicked out of church and started failing school even though I knew the work.

That was about the time I realized I could hear my demon... not just in words.. pictures.. colors.. feelings.. dreams.. I started to hunt animals and I was good at it.. I built traps and would use slingshots and fishing poles and hooks to catch and kill lots of things. I would get sexually excited seeing the power I had catching things and kiling them... sometimes even torturing them. Sick.. I know. However I never felt bad.. in fact I really didnt feel anything and for a long time I didn't feel anything at all.. except for arousal.

So you see I knew there was something in me that needed to be fed, and I was not able to understand why and what and I had very little control... I caused alot of damage and pain from the age 8-14. I hated life, in my eyes everything should've burned. At 14 i became an alcoholic which helped because I would drink myself stupid and wouldn't dream about anything when I slept. I also started having sex which occupied my time as well as my demon.

I'm rambiling and I don't know if this is making sense.... I think for you to get it you would have to see the world from my eyes.

At 18 after graduating I went 2yrs doing more drugs then anyone I've ever met. In short I was trying to kill myself and couldn't, I've eaten over 50 hits of really good acid in one nite and over 80 in a 3 day period.. I would do 20 pills of extasy a night, I would eat unisoms which are a sleeping pill in mass doses to get messed up. Many of those that tried to hang with me died.

Then my daughter was born and I felt my first emotion in over 10 years... I cried and I don't know if it was the 2years of hard drugs or that new experience my demon went to sleep and was completely silent and I saw the world through my own eyes and it was completely different.

I stopped doing all the drugs just like that. I went to the military and got fit.. I came home and took custody of my girl and have been working hard ever since.

Thing is after a few years I started feeling that demon stiring again. I was able to think clearly and thoughtfully at that point and reconized what was happening. I accepted myself and the things I had done in my past and I didn't hate myself anymore. I had become a good father a hard worker and a decent person..

But yet my demon is there.. when I stand at a train platform and a train is coming I think about pushing the person in front of me onto the track.. or i think about me jumping.. I think about driving my car into head on traffic and many other destructive things..

So now I hunt for food, legally and respectfully.. all I kill I eat.

When I feel the wings opening and the claws squeeze I will get a bottle of rum.. or some drugs and go away from people.. normally camping with a big fire and fresh meat and vegtables.

Its very hard sometimes to control and their may come a day that I can't I cannot say anything is certain. I just feed its needs... which this site does alot... end of the world senerios is like cake to it. It believes most of us will burn... yet I will drown. Sucks.

Ok well the doctor says its time for my medication, I hope you found the summary of my life interesting

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Re-reading what I wrote you may think that I have mental issues and I would say to that. .I sure do.. however what I didn't write was as a child I knew things before they happend.

I woke my mother the nite my great grandfather passed. I had deja'vu all the time. I could find things that were lost. Weird as it sounds I could control animals in a unatural way.

I sat at my grandfathers friends house one day and put my finger in my mouth as if was a gun and pretended to blow my brains out for no reason and it was very random... a month later my granddads friend blew his brains out.. i was 9.

I was unaturally good at puzzles and stradgey games.. I could beat adults at checkers befor I was 5. I was playing chess at 7.

My grandma and I play the weegee board once... I don't remember what happened exactly but she threw it away and wont talk about it.

Electronics had a strange way of breaking around me or acting very strange.

At 11 I was standing under a tree when lighting hit it.

At 12 I saw my first ghost..

My life has been full of strange and unexplainable things.. I already sound like a crazy person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join