It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Red Lights Above Washington State

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hello, I am simply reporting what I saw with great detail, not making claims to what it might be. I would like to keep the members of ATS informed of this kind of thing, even if it might be nothing. I don't have any pictures, I tried to take one with my phone but it's junk.

My dad and I were driving to the theater when we saw two red lights in the sky. The two of them were close together and moving together, so we thought they were the wing lights of a low-flying plane at first. They were maneuvering together, so it looked that way. But then two more red lights showed up behind them, and one of them sped forward towards the others. Then, one at a time, the aircraft turned off their lights.

There were some strange traits about these craft:
1) They could hover and change direction like fireflies
2) They were flying in coordination with each other
3) They would vary movement speed, in fact, at the end three of them were so stationary they looked like stars while the third sped forward
4) They were silent
5) They were red, singular lights
6) At the end, they turned off their lights, one by one, about 5 seconds apart.
7) They were fairly high, high enough that I could not distinguish anything apart from the light. It was dark, though.

They definitely were not planes, but they could have been helicopters. Let me know what you guys think.
edit on 11-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Here, I will post some youtube videos that are similar to what I saw.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the report. Just one thing. There are many of us ATS members in Washington State. Including me. Which town or city are you by? I will go look up at the sky if you are by my neck of the woods. By the way I'm near enumclaw/buckley.
edit on 11-3-2012 by ManOfHart because: clarity

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

I live in Walla Walla, south of Kennewick.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I don't know if posting "A fleet of UFO's" is going to add credibility to you sighting!

Who knows without actual interpretation...a picture or video...I mean your word is just not enough...you have to understand that!

Personal experience...well it leaves people wondering ya know...so let us ponder....is it real...who knows?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
To be honest with that description it could be anything. Maybe it was a few planes landing

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

Three lights were stationary for about five minutes, while the other one hovered around. Planes could not maneuver that way, but helicopters might be able to.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

If you are going to discredit what I am reporting, you are wasting your time. I have no reason to report false data. If you don't believe in UFO's, your efforts would be better suited in figuring out what I saw based on the description given.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I live in Tacoma....no lights here....EVER...Nothing ever happens in Tacoma....same old same old

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Enumclaw/Buckley! We are neighbors...puyallup here.

Question: it's pouring rain out. Were the lights below the cloud deck? Otherwise, how did you see anything?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Edgar806

Three lights were stationary for about five minutes, while the other one hovered around. Planes could not maneuver that way, but helicopters might be able to.

Ahhh...so it might have been helicopters then...that is what your saying?

Hmmm...if you have already established an plausible explanation...then what is the mystery?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Interesting report. I would also be interested to see if any others come in. You should contact local law enforcement and inquire if there were any.

As for the videos you posted, they looked like Chinese lanterns to me so I am assuming it was only an example of the lights visually. By your description they did not act like lanterns but these vids did.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Helicopters are one possible explanation, but they could be something else. I posted on ATS so that I could keep the community informed. Other people might have had similar experiences, or know something that could shed light on this.

They didn't quite act like helicopters, more like fireflies. And when they turned off their lights, it was weird.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

If you are going to discredit what I am reporting, you are wasting your time. I have no reason to report false data. If you don't believe in UFO's, your efforts would be better suited in figuring out what I saw based on the description given.

I actually do believe in UFO's...and have spent a good part of my life researching them...so your claim comes under scrutiny...you should have expected at least that much.

A UFO probably occurs daily...someone is unable to identify something...should that be a relatively frequent occurrence on ATS...yep...and it is!

Yours is not different...you fall under the same scrutiny!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Again, pictures or video of your experience please.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Yeah, those videos could have been Chinese lanterns but they didn't quite act the same way as these lights, these ones actually moved around like aircraft at times. The videos got across the idea though - it was similar.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
OP.....it's raining. Has been all day. The clouds are crazy low right now, even LOWER where you are located due to your rise in elevation.

How did you see anything?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

That's fine, but you were trying to scrutinize the accuracy of the report of what I experienced, which I assure you is accurate. No pictures or video, I need a better phone for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

That's fine, but you were trying to scrutinize the accuracy of the report of what I experienced, which I assure you is accurate. No pictures or video, I need a better phone for that.

Without a doubt...you have seen a UFO as defined...no question there...I can't identify it...nobody can...so it stand as a verifiable UFO!

What more could I add?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Feel like I'm talking to myself here. I only asked the same question twice. I think it's a legit question.

Please address OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join