It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two more flares add to a string of fireworks from the sun Medium-sized outbursts could spark fresh w

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Me thinks we're may be in for a bumpy ride for 2012/13
M is not as powerful as the X on the 7th but I'm sure earth will still have a few reactions to them.

Two new solar flares erupted from the sun on Saturday, blasting streams of plasma and charged particles into space.
The outbursts were both categorized as M-class solar flares. They exploded from the surface of the sun at 12:27 a.m. ET and 12:44 p.m. ET, according to NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 11-3-2012 by azureskys because: set wrong

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Those X flares the other day didn't seem like much and they were pointed directly at earth. So, I am not going to worry about a little M flare.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
My son's girlfriend texted to say, a broom with metal handle & frame at her job, stood by it's self
when accidentally let go of.
It was around 10:00 pm tonight in Michigan.
A combination of the pull of the moon and solar flare activity?
edit on 11-3-2012 by azureskys because: extra DIV

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

A fast-moving cloud of solar plasma and charged particles, called a coronal mass ejection, was triggered by Tuesday's X-class eruptions, and this wave of energetic particles hit Earth on Thursday. The resulting geomagnetic storm was weaker than expected, but solar physicists say there is a potential for conditions to escalate.

www.msnbc.msn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">http://w ww.msnbc.msn.com/id/46682358/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/sun-sends-another-cosmic-burst-our-direction/#.T1xJB3mneSo

also mentioned at same url

Still, the massive sunspot region shows no signs of quieting down, and earlier Friday, NASA scientists said that it also appears to be growing. "Sunspot AR1429 keeps getting bigger! It's more than 7 times the width of Earth," scientists with NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory said via Twitter.

edit on 11-3-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

edit on 11-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by azureskys

My son's girlfriend texted to say, a broom with metal handle & frame at her job, stood by it's self
when accidentally let go of.
It was around 10:00 pm tonight in Michigan.
A combination of the pull of the moon and solar flare activity?
edit on 11-3-2012 by azureskys because:

Someone JUST did a thread on the broom ordeal a few wks ago.

Hmmm...interesting. She didn't break out her camera phone did she? Didn't think so...
edit on 11-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well she was on th job when it happened and I don't think stopping to take photos while on the clock is part of her Job Description.
Phones and all personal items are not available to just grab.
Think what you will I know her and trust her.

Not to mention she is not the type of person to be a member of ATS or even a guest.

edit on 11-3-2012 by azureskys because: add on

new topics

top topics

join