Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Andrea Rossi (e-cat) busted by Radiation Control FL

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Andrea Rossi, well known for his e-cat (kind cold fusion, kinda not) device has been investigated by the Florida Bureau of Radiation Control.

Throughout the investigation, Rossi admitted to a number of things that contradict early statements made about his e-cat device, and the operation to market and sell the device.

Rossi claims nuclear reaction here.





Rossi states that] currently all production, distribution and use of these devices is overseas.



Andrea Rossi, the inventor of the Energy Catalyzer, told an inspector from the Florida Bureau of Radiation Control that he has no factory in the United States and that no nuclear reactions occur in his devices.

Rossi’s statements contradict nearly everything he has said in the last year about his claims of a factory and his development of a low-energy nuclear reaction device.

Rossi told the bureau that his device produces thermal energy of six times the electrical energy input. However, for the last several years, Rossi claimed nuclear reactions occur in his device.

The bureau responded to a citizen’s complaint, made by Gary Wright of Las Vegas, in February. New Energy Times obtained the report from this blog. Wright was concerned that Rossi’s device had failed proper nuclear certifications or, if not, that Rossi was committing fraud.


Source

Interesting that Rossi's headquarters are run out of a condo...




Investigation papers can be found here.





posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho
 


Wasn't the E-Cat reviewed by scientists and found to be real?



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono
 


A) You must be new.
B) You just woke up from a 2year sleep
C) Your a troll


OMG, i just saw that you regiterd TODAY...

Sorry...

ADD: NO there are no "evidence" whatsoever
that clear this as REAL.
Note: There are also no evidence that says
the opposite...
edit on 2012/3/11 by Miccey because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Or it does work and now is the time to turn him out like Tesla?
IF it works then a lot of people would want to turn him into a "fraud"



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty
 


It works for Big Pharma and the medical profession. If it heals get rid of as placebo. If it just keeps symptoms at bay but does not heal then it is good. That means you have to keep taking the drugs and coming in for office visits or the symptoms will return... The more adverse side effects the better, cause we have drugs to relieve those symptoms too. etc..... The same applies to energy. If someone invented an energy source that was self sustaining it would not be let out. Self sustaining means less control.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
reply to post by freakshowfatty
 


It works for Big Pharma and the medical profession. If it heals get rid of as placebo. If it just keeps symptoms at bay but does not heal then it is good. That means you have to keep taking the drugs and coming in for office visits or the symptoms will return... The more adverse side effects the better, cause we have drugs to relieve those symptoms too. etc..... The same applies to energy. If someone invented an energy source that was self sustaining it would not be let out. Self sustaining means less control.


Well less control isnt that bad, but less $ is...Thats REALLY bad...



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakshowfatty
Or it does work and now is the time to turn him out like Tesla?
IF it works then a lot of people would want to turn him into a "fraud"


I think your missing the point. Rossi wasn't "busted" "busted" by the feds. He was just caught lying. These are flat out lies that he has been telling people for over a year.

And by "turn out like Tesla" do you mean... Invent something used daily, have a unit of measurement named after him, etc?

He's not even close to that.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Rossi’s statements contradict nearly everything he has said in the last year about his claims of a factory and his development of a low-energy nuclear reaction device.

Rossi told the bureau that his device produces thermal energy of six times the electrical energy input. However, for the last several years, Rossi claimed nuclear reactions occur in his device.

Interesting that Rossi's headquarters are run out of a condo...


lol @ your location btw

Rossi saying something is or isn't 'nuclear' is kind of irrelevant. If he wants to use nuclear as a marketing tool when it's convenient for him, then it's no worse than some chemical company claiming your toothpaste has a quantum interaction. I doubt he has any idea if his alleged interaction is classically 'nuclear' or not.

So did Rossi lie about the machine outputting harmful radiation? The complaint received from Gary Wright claims that Rossi's reactor emits 511 KeV gammas. But Rossi states that no photons of energies above 100 KeV are emitted from the reactor. So that leaves open the possibility of 100 KeV low energy gamma rays. The inspector is apparently untroubled by the possibility of low energy gammas.

Note also that the inspector appears to test some kind of heat reactor (and finds no harmful radiation output), so again, we have a case where Rossi is somewhat convincingly 'faking' some kind of device getting hot, producing steam etc?

I don't know whether Rossi has lied about where his factory is or isn't, he seems to have claimed to be sourcing existing reactors from several places. Afaik, the 10 kW e-cat factory is going to be built in New Hampshire (pending certification of the reactor).

Someone somewhere has to be building huge heat dissipators and assembling steam boilers, as many of these were (apparently) seen during the 470 kW test. Unless that was all made of paper mache? Maybe he feels he has to keep his manufacturing sources secret?



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa


Rossi saying something is or isn't 'nuclear' is kind of irrelevant.

 


It's relevant when he originally claimed there were gamma rays.

Link


Radiation is produced. However in the device demonstrated which is made for commercial use no radiation escapes due to lead shielding. The fact that radiation is produced is proof of a nuclear reaction.


Source



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho


It's relevant when he originally claimed there were gamma rays.


Way to ignore what I said, lovely.



So did Rossi lie about the machine outputting harmful radiation? The complaint received from Gary Wright claims that Rossi's reactor emits 511 KeV gammas. But Rossi states that no photons of energies above 100 KeV are emitted from the reactor. So that leaves open the possibility of 100 KeV low energy gamma rays. The inspector is apparently untroubled by the possibility of low energy gammas.


Rossi admits photons with 100 KeV energy, directly to the officer. Where is the lie?

If an environmental health officer, with a speciality in measuring harmful radiation, is not concerned by 100 KeV low energy gamma rays, then why are you?

Note what Rossi said in a video interview a week ago:


What I can say now is that I changed very much my ideas in these last two years. Two years ago I thought that the E-Cat worked upon an effect that has been described, but now I have changed ideas in good part, and I think we have discovered very well the source of the effect. I think we have understood very well why the E-Cat works.


He is almost certainly describing the evolution of the theory behind his supposed mechanism. Going from something 'nuclear fusiony' to some electromagnetic equilibrium/plasmon resonance effect, would be my guess.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa
 


I'll ignore you again and post the interview you referenced. I will get back to your other concerns soon.




posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Love that polo shirt. Rossi = hipster.



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Originally posted by boncho
I don't know whether Rossi has lied about where his factory is or isn't, he seems to have claimed to be sourcing existing reactors from several places. Afaik, the 10 kW e-cat factory is going to be built in New Hampshire (pending certification of the reactor).

Someone somewhere has to be building huge heat dissipators and assembling steam boilers, as many of these were (apparently) seen during the 470 kW test. Unless that was all made of paper mache? Maybe he feels he has to keep his manufacturing sources secret?



So you're saying he lied to the investigator and commited fraud? Glad to know we both agree.



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho
 


Still spreading lies and BS I see. You are a real piece of work... Sigh! There is a half dozen threads here proving everything you say about Rossi is a lie!

Sad tired BS tactics. You post statements and claim he contradicted all he said but fail to provide the contradictory statements. Cold fusion is not a nuclear reaction. You claim he was busted, for what? Nothing he said from the beginning there was no danger from radiation.

Many prominent scientist have confirmed his results but you are lying about it yet again... I would love to meet you and a number of people on this board face to face many of you could use a motivational seminar out behind the wood shed...



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa


Rossi admits photons with 100 KeV energy, directly to the officer. Where is the lie?

 



When it comes to the question of the E-Cat fusion, it does seem to be happening, but whether it can be defined as cold fusion or not, the inventor did state that “they have found 511 kev gamma rays at the output….


Source
edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye


Still spreading lies and BS I see. You are a real piece of work... Sigh! There is a half dozen threads here proving everything you say about Rossi is a lie!

 


I'm not sure if you have refuted one thing I have said about Rossi during this entire saga.




You post statements and claim he contradicted all he said but fail to provide the contradictory statements.


And I did post them, but you and other have reading comprehension skills, and I imagine you have never clicked a link I have posted in the last year.

Here's a picture to make it easier:




Rossi states that] currently all production, distribution and use of these devices is overseas.


Even the free energy cheerleader Sterling Allan is giving up on him.

PESN

That's rock bottom in the free energy world.

edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by yampa


Rossi admits photons with 100 KeV energy, directly to the officer. Where is the lie?

 



When it comes to the question of the E-Cat fusion, it does seem to be happening, but whether it can be defined as cold fusion or not, the inventor did state that “they have found 511 kev gamma rays at the output….


Source
edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)


Thanks. So, Rossi definitely made the 511 keV statement himself. But I don't think he says that measurement came from one of the heating units he is intending to sell. How do you know the 511 keV experiment wasn't an extreme test of an early reactor? What if the 'laptop' sized home units, even at the core, don't produce gammas above 100 keV?

Cathode ray TVs output x-rays, but the shielding is considered sufficient for an x-ray gun to be used in the home. I imagine you have to get some kind of extra certification, but it proves high energy particle generators can be sold as consumer devices. Maybe he meant 100 keV after shielding? Is that a lie?

I'm pretty sure that I heard Rossi say that some of the equipment from the 470 kW test was made in Florida too. It does raise good questions - does Rossi actually have a Florida factory? Were the ecat units for the supposed 1 MW plant manufactured there? Is he lying to the inspector by not declaring these? Are those units outputting gammas above 100 keV?

Rossi could be consistently lying about the location of his manufacturing sources, for safety's sake. He has had a lab in America burn down in the past, while working on a New Energy project. Maybe he's scared of that happening again?





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join