It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW can the humanity thwart ET Intervention?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ResistETIntervention

It is not a battle of weapons. It is not a battle of military might. It is a battle of will and intentions, a battle that is being played out on the mental environment

Sci-fi rubbish....

The simple nuts and bolts of it is this...if we are attacked by an alien civilization capable of interstellar travel, we lose.

It's as simple as that. We'd have the same chance as fish in a barrel being shot to death from someone out of the barrel.

First, said ship would have nearly unlimited resources of food and water, that we have ZERO chance of interrupting. Basically, they have an impregnable and infinite supply line. Need water? Just send a probe to get some ice from Europa.

Next, we are trapped here on the Earth. If we build factories for weapons, they are on Earth, with easy range of the enemy's bombs, lasers, whatever. Meanwhile, they are in orbit, and we're lucky if we could anything to them fast enough not to avoid...and we wouldn't have that capability for long, as such places would be destroyed by the aliens.

Finally, they could simply build a factory orbiting the moon, and crank out bombs and missiles galore. Here on Earth, just as we had the scaffolding up for a factory, it would be bombed to obvlion.

It's simple logistics. We could NEVER win in such a scenario.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResistETIntervention

Damrod

IF ET's are out there watching...they are some sorry chumps to allow the suffering on this world to continue....

Why would you think ETs “allow the suffering on this world to continue?” Why would you want them to resolve our problems of our planet?

If you think these ET Collectives of the ET Intervention are some sort of divine beings or spiritually advanced beings, you’re highly mistaken. They are merely three-dimensional beings that are resource explorers.

Would I like them to share clean energy technology for electricity production?...yep
Would I like them to give us an alternative fuel for our cars and trucks we all already own?...yep
Would I like for them to show us how to travel near, at or greater than light speed?...yep

Do I want them to be involved socially?...nope.
Do I want them sitting in on our courts and overseeing the implementation of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?...absolutely not...

But the point is...IF they are visiting as anything more than "anthropologists" who are studying our primitive culture...then I believe they have a responsibility to help us overcome some issues we cannot get out of our own way on.

If they could show technology to us and remove the need for fossil fuels and the greed surrounding it...then by all means I expect them to intervene...

but mainly....I think it's all a buncha hooey....I don't believe in alien visitation, intervention or abduction...I think folks are confused....maybe certain times or places have resonance fields or magnetic fields that disrupts logical thinking and people see things that aren't there...ghost, cryptids...and yes...ufo's....etc...etc...etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

whoa!!! Whoa hold on to your horsies there Hurdygurdy!

I never said the good aliens are coming, simply cause their not. They can not interfer.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by putnamcrab

The Sumarians were also known as the Phoenicea's or Canaanites.

They existed at the same time as Mizraim or Xl Dynasty Egypt XI...
...and the Chaldeans (Ur was the capital Chaldea and Abraham came from here).

At the same time we can date early Greecian civilization (Attica, Arcadia, Sparta)...
...and China's 1st Hiah Dynasty.

The interesting thing about the account from the biblical literature is that it speaks of a time before all these civizations that was decimated by a global flood which sits well with other acient accounts.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

So my timeline is abit off... I was going from annunaki down. I must not be clear when the annunaki came down or how long they were around by the time sumarians came into contact with them

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab

So my timeline is abit off... I was going from annunaki down. I must not be clear when the annunaki came down or how long they were around by the time sumarians came into contact with them

I think they were here before and after the deluge.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well the annunaki come every 3600 hundred years the sumerians must have made contact around 1600 bce. But they told of stories thousands of years in the past at that point so I must have assumed 7500 rather then just 3600 years... oh darn! 3600 years is now!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well the annunaki come every 3600 hundred years the sumerians must have made contact around 1600 bce. But they told of stories thousands of years in the past at that point so I must have assumed 7500 rather then just 3600 years... oh darn! 3600 years is now!

I think you are right ... interesting times eh?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by hurdygurdy

whoa!!! Whoa hold on to your horsies there Hurdygurdy!

I never said the good aliens are coming, simply cause their not. They can not interfer.

Forgive me, that comment wasn't directed at you - just the book I was referring to because you asked.

I agree with you that benevolent ETs are unable/unwilling to interfere and solve humanities problems because we would become dependent upon them, never truly learning to manage our own affairs. It could also lead to a client-provider relationship. The book the OP linked goes into depth on this subject.

An example would be government assistance; although it's designed as a benevolent service for those in need, it can also become a crutch because the opportunity to learn self-reliance is lost.

I believe we humans have gotten ourselves into the trouble we're in because we've given away our personal sovereignty to those in positions of "authority". We went to sleep and let others think for us and make decisions for us. Now that humanity is waking up we need to reclaim the responsibility we dropped in the laps of others -- NOT turn around and give it away to ETs simply because we believe they're more advanced than us and therefore have our best interests at heart. Only we know what our best interests are.

I highly recommend reading the OPs links. Lots of thought-provoking information there. Thank you again, OP.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join