It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking my girlfriend about aliens.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by ^anubis^
Hello everyone.

So today I was catching up on my ancient aliens and so my girlfriend was there. She was watching and seem interested because she kept asking questions. Now she has no idea what ancient aliens are, she only knows that aliens are not from earth.....Duh.

I started explaining to her what the show was about and a couple of theories, since I have spent years searching for my own answers and having family who have dedicated their lives to this subject.

I asked her a simple question, since she has no knowledge on alien theories.I asked "What would you do if our president came out today and told us that aliens are real and they have been here for a really long time"
She told me she would be afraid, I asked her why and she said that it is not normal. I guess not everyone in the world is as ready as I am to officially hear that aliens are real.

I kind of expected this answer because her family attends church every sunday, most of her family is very close minded, and they just base everything on what they read or hear in the news.

I for one would love to hear our leaders say this. I want to meet these aliens. And how our world is turning out to be I wouldn't mind knowing that they would destroy us....as long as I can say I saw an E.T lol
-come on man, I'm putting you in check, you are from a different part of the world than me.

You are the typical example.

You do not want to meet them. You think you want to meet them until you find out who they are.

She is right.
edit on 11-3-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

I would rather live in fear knowing the truth.

I also like how you changed it from being a total ASS about it to actually sounding like a civilized human being.
edit on 11-3-2012 by ^anubis^ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I agree! I know that look I get when I mention Aliens. I have even been told-"Do not talk about Aliens in Public"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Hello everyone.

So today I was catching up on my ancient aliens and so my girlfriend was there. She was watching and seem interested because she kept asking questions. Now she has no idea what ancient aliens are, she only knows that aliens are not from earth.....Duh.

I started explaining to her what the show was about and a couple of theories, since I have spent years searching for my own answers and having family who have dedicated their lives to this subject.

I asked her a simple question, since she has no knowledge on alien theories.I asked "What would you do if our president came out today and told us that aliens are real and they have been here for a really long time"
She told me she would be afraid, I asked her why and she said that it is not normal. I guess not everyone in the world is as ready as I am to officially hear that aliens are real.

I kind of expected this answer because her family attends church every sunday, most of her family is very close minded, and they just base everything on what they read or hear in the news.

I for one would love to hear our leaders say this. I want to meet these aliens. And how our world is turning out to be I wouldn't mind knowing that they would destroy us....as long as I can say I saw an E.T lol
-come on man, I'm putting you in check, you are from a different part of the world than me.

You are the typical example.

You do not want to meet them. You think you want to meet them until you find out who they are.

She is right.
edit on 11-3-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

I would rather live in fear knowing the truth.

I also like how you changed it from being a total ASS about it to actually sounding like a civilized human being.

Sorry, a Freudian slip. The term that was in my memory blocks was Pro.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
That's a very good point OP, and I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The government knows about this stuff, that is certain, but the peoples' response to full disclosure would be too much to handle. I honestly believe they are trying to condition us so that one day disclosure can happen. We are saturated with this sort of material, although if they really want to ease our minds about aliens, maybe making less movies about them coming to Earth to destroy us would be prudent.

I personally can't wait for full disclosure, and I love Ancient Aliens. The theory has answered many questions I've had about our origins.
edit on 11-3-2012 by MisterFister103 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Hello everyone.

I believe you are right, that most people would be afraid to some degree. But I have to ask: "so what" if they are afraid? They'll just have to grow up and think a bit on their own. I would also ask why it's so important to maintain order? Why do we have to be afraid of rioting, looting and social turmoil? Yes, it would likely happen in many places, however, it would pass, probably quickly as people get used to the idea. Overall, we just have to grow up collectively. This paternalistic !@$! has to stop. I'm not interested in continuing the fairy tales just because earthlings might have the mentality of a 3 year-old.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

lmao nah its cool, I get a lot of people like that. I just have a different way of thinking and many people think is weird, but I have seen many things, lived in different places, and had to do ridiculous things to get to where Im at today and have realized that there is more to life than this living sphere we live in. Life is short and I have experience many things to the point where Im happy and ready to meet other worldly beings, either be good or bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Hello everyone.

Being religious your girlfriend should be used to fantasies! Aliens are not as fantastic as being told that a man existed who did miracles and he himself was part of one coming back from the dead. The original zombie!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
You're girlfriend being scared is the exact reason I believe our government is hiding it from us. If it turned out that extraterrestrials were real, and there irrefutable evidence presented and they HAD to admit it, wouldn't it essentially destabilize any kind of religion? No, not necessarily. Here's the sad truth: the ones who have a "grasp" on reality, who are open-minded,and know what's really going on compared to what's plastered on front-page articles, are a very, very, VERY small percentage of the people in the world. A president or world leader announcing extraterrestrials would cause panic because the general public would not know how to react - especially here in the United States. If the millions of close-minded Christians (look at how they're raised, you either accept Jesus as your Savior or burn in hell for all eternity) were told by the PRESIDENT, that aliens are real and they are here now - they would panic. This goes for religions all over the world, it would be an event so chaotic, I honestly couldn't imagine what would happen. Our society today is so close-minded, it's sickening. Everyone thinks there opinion, or beliefs are what are "normal," and anyone who has a different mindset, or beliefs, are "different," or "wrong." I personally believe that our government is enforcing this to dissuade people from knowing the truth. I offer this: is it far-fetched to say that our media outlets make the Middle East look like the armpit of the world? When in reality, it is not even close to that. It's an area that has cultures and cocultures rich in history, and some of the most intelligent people in the world are from there. Many places are very peaceful, but unfortunately there is much civil unrest there. And I believe our government capitalizes on it, and tries to make us as Americans (realizing how close-minded and how the average American tends to believe anything and everything the government says) look like the heroes, while anyone from the Middle East is categorized as a terrorist regardless of their religion, or race. You hear in the news, this religious group did this in the Middle East - x amount of people died, this religious group did that - x amount of people died, a group of brave American soldiers died today (don't get me wrong, I support for the troops, I could never do what they do and I have friends in the service), but it makes it seem like we are defending ourselves, when in reality we are the ones who invaded them. Our government wants us at home to have a sense of "Screw you, Arab! You're killing our troops, you're terrorists!" and "They're beliefs are to blow up innocent people in the name of their god by suicide bombing - I am so grateful to be saved from Jesus so I'll go to Heaven when I die." I have no proof of this, but I've noticed in basically any kind of history class when dealing with the Arab Springs - the proverbial "Christian only on a Sunday" has this idea that the Middle East is such a terrible place because the mainstream outlets painted the picture for them - but the picture is fake. I have nothing wrong with people holding true to their religion, having faith is one of the most admirable characteristics one can have. But when you're not faithful to your faith, there's a problem that arises. That's the position we're in - and I believe our government is aware of this and are staying quiet - keeping things quiet - to stop a worldwide panic. And I believe that's why there are few people that step forward claiming to have "information," because they know generally it's for the public's best interest. We must realize, the people in the top-secret organisations are very intelligent - I highly doubt they hide this information for the sole purpose because they can or want to - but because there is a bigger reason. So, so cliche, but here is the reason: We can't handle the truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Good luck to whoever decides to climb the wall above me!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Agreed. if they are peaceful welcome. if they aren't well =D kill every last one of them.

i personally hope i will get to see the day that aliens show up, because i am 100% pro man.
i want to see every human work together! and i want to see us get out there into space... enough of this country crap. its time we went from being countrymen to earthly men. we don't need to fight each other here on earth ... don't crap were you eat the smell is bad. think about it people... space seems endless and there is bound to be weaker and stronger, smarter and more primitive races then us. and so there are enough races out there to fight with for more then just a bit of oil... but for whole planets for chunks of tech we haven't thought of yet for a name in the galaxies.

IMO screw those who hide any sort of vital new info from the rest of us, these are the real aliens. what other explanation can u put to people holding their own race back? do you smack your child for learning to walk? do you yell at birds for learning to fly? do you go to a school with a tech-9 and blast kids for learning? NO these are the real aliens and the real enemy's ATM. once we have removed these minor details from our landscape we can then add to the landscape itself.

Please think to your selves. If we unite as a single unit resource wise, knowledge wise, and of course military wise... how much we can achieve in 1 week honestly. we can have a working "UFO" within a month maybe 2.
even if it takes a year we will have built one. then it will be a sinch to build a bigger one and then more and more of them till we have enough for us to go out into space and and uncover so many more resources and space to multiply further we can also provide a full defense for our earth from comets etc.. we can also then address any alien races close to us and see if we cannot strike a treaty with them... for god sakes we did all of this once before we have to simply say ok we are done fighting for our country lets fight for our planet.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

"You can't handle the truth" is a copout from the ptb. Full disclosure, or something close to it, could only set humanity strait once and for all. The way we are heading now down the wrong road is a disaster waiting to happen.

All three world wars have been predicted by albert pike in a letter to manzini. Albert Pike is one of the most famous and controversial masonic leaders...and also a hardcore luciferian. Todays masons will go to any length to cover-up what was spilled into the open. I am not smearing masonry as whole for simple fact 99.999% of the masons are good, honest and hard working people, but the people who ultimately control this covert world organisation are not. Ignorance is bliss but dangerous.

We need to question everything and if something does not make sense ask *why*. If the answer is not satisfactory then that means a conspiracy is possible, if not highely likely.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To all those that feel akward when discussing ufo&aliens with family, friends and colleagues I can only say that I share the same frustration as you. To be perfectly honest my parents NEVER ONCE mentioned the topic to this day.

I had NO IDEA about ANYTHING till watching some documentaries on tv and then picking up the topic on my own. 30 years of TOTAL IGNORANCE including secondary schooling and college. Talk about A TABOO, it was much worse then talking about sex.

Today when I discuss the topic with relatives they give me a blank stare, silence, followed by changing the topic. Some people even say I need to get out more as though that means anything. I have a job, family and spending cash(although admittely not as much as I would like) so dark innuendos mean nothing. I have contempt for most people who are unable or unwilling to think for themselves.

We have been intentionally conditioned by the system(schools, media, church) to follow the crowd. To cheat is ok unless you get caught. Never think for yourself too much because if you do then "you have too much free time on your hands".

In closing I will say I used to be mad at a lot of folks for being total sheep, but now only contempt. My hate rests with those that are truely repsonsible for steering this planet into chaos. Hopefully the conspiracy will eventually get uncovered and the perpetrators punished.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I am not afraid... ofcourse I sit here typing this cause I have no friends... that will listen to me

edit on 11-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: spellings off

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I am not afraid... ofcourse I sit here typing this cause I have no friends... that will listen to me

edit on 11-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: spellings off

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink. Excellent saying but who came up with it?

I think the problem is most people are overburdened with problems, chores and hobbies and don't have time for a re-eduction. It takes an unusually strong person to admit "hey maybe I was wrong" and sooner or later we get a society of sickos.

Just hang in there. Some people do listen, especially those that frequent alternative sites and are not paid to misinform. How do I know who gets paid? Someone who is lazy, lacks common sense, always goes with the mainstream version, stubborness, etc. I have no need to mention names because it is rather obvious.
edit on 3/11/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: spelling correction

top topics

<< 1   >>

join