It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior citizen torture to near death in the LA County jail for selling raw milk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

It seems that way, the way things are going anybody promote and eats raw and organic foods will be the terrorist in this nation with the maximum weight of the law to punish them, everything else will be a walk in the park.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by LordDrakula

It seems that way, the way things are going anybody promote and eats raw and organic foods will be the terrorist in this nation with the maximum weight of the law to punish them, everything else will be a walk in the park.

What a great country

As it looks even in Greece is better to live right now

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I starred your earlier post, because I think you have the gist of how things really went down. However, I will say this about adults digesting milk. Most adults on the planet are lactose intolerant. That is the norm. However, in the UK, parts of Northern Europe, and for a significant majority in the US and Canada, a lot of people are not lactose intolerant as adults. It's a genetic predisposition that one either has or doesn't have. It is a genetic variation that appeared with the advent of dairy cultures.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thought the name James Stewart rung a bell.

Stewart runs the Venice market Rawesome, which has been in operation for more than six years but has never had any type of business permit or license, prosecutors allege. Stewart is facing 13 counts.

The investigation found that Healthy Family Farms and Rawesome customers were required to pay a membership fee of up to $50, or purchase a one-time “day pass” at Rawesome to purchase products there. Bloch reportedly informed undercover operatives that the membership payments and paperwork were needed for “legal” reasons, and they were not supposed to sell dairy products to nonmembers.

While it is lawful to manufacture and sell unpasteurized dairy products in California, applicable licenses and permits are required. These include regular veterinarian inspections of the animals and following equipment and sanitation requirements.

Source

Wonder why naturalnews didn't post this information, huh?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I knew it has to be more to the story, but what eat me is how he was treated when it was not previews criminal record on him, if he was a violator by all means persecute him, but how come was not a criminal record.

Still why in the US you have to be a criminal when you decide to go against nothing but a big corporation lobbying money laws to squash organic producers working the land is any human given right.

I travel to Florida to be able to get the two big markets of organic food closes to me, Leaf Market and Earth Fair, Leaf market operates on a cooperative you can become a member for a fee and trust me is a lot more than the 50 dollars Stewart was asking.

I do not belong to the cooperative but I still purchase their goods, I like the raw milk and eggs, plus their products are locally grown.

Now, occurs braking the law 'story' will be the defense argument to try to ease the actual real and dangerous precedent behind the jailing, to maybe justify why he was torture?

Well if the torture was truth, is that justified?

Those are the questions we most ask. like I said I will be waiting this week to find out more on what is going to happen with this story.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Milk is very good for you. You can almost survive alone on it. Chemical soup milk, over processed milk is not.

Cows fed on organic grasses produce the nutrients, the fatty soluable vitamins that keep our bones healhty, our teeth healthy.

The natural diets, are the ones that we need, and all the rest are killing us.

The only other places K2 is found, is in organic chicken eggs, naturally fermented sauer kraut, some of the Japanese, and liver.

Given that choice, I prefer the chicken eggs and the milk, to liver and anything else.

Also, yogurt is very good for you.

Its the real foods that are good for you.

That myth has never been true.

And this man, you can tell he's telling the truth, his voice is so badly shaken he has been traumatized by the event.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.smartahealth.com...

paleodietlifestyle.com...

Vitamin K2 is naturally produced by a healthy gut flora and is only available in a few foods like pastured, grass-fed butter and duck foie gras. Pastured butter is also a great source of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), one of the most potent anti-cancer compound. It has been demonstrated that vitamin K2 works as an activator for vitamin D and A. It was called Activator X by Dr. Weston A. Price. For this reason, if you’re trying to heal tooth decay, the usual vitamin D supplementation might not be enough and vitamin K2 becomes very important. K2 supplementation might be in order.

By eating a lot of meat protein, you will automatically improve your absorption of calcium. Finally, bone broths and stocks will provide you with good quantities of the minerals your body needs to repair bones and teeth.

Its one of the reasons that the way our ancestors and grandparents, with soup bones, and bone marrow, was healthy and good.

They've been demonizing all the foods you really need, and pastuerizing, cooking, adding chemicals, to destroy your diet.

Its one of the reasons for obesity too!

With their poor substitutes that cannot hope to give you the ESSENTIAL nutrients you need, you eat more of the empty food trying to stay alive.

They are food nazi's.

The Cause and Removal of Disease V 2.0
edit on 11-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Torture is not the correct word to use.

This is a little like throwing the word rape around. If you do not know what the word means you should not use it in a sentence. Torture might be tying this man up so he cannot move and shredding his skin while he is still alive. Are they waterboarding him? If they are feeding him, not beating him and he is not screaming in agony 24/7 - HE IS NOT GETTING TORTURED.

I take offense (and I take offense at the fun trendy WOOLITE "torturing your clothing" commercial too) because in spite of this man his crime and his problems...there are creatures who are getting tortured and YOU are lessening the impact and making light of THE TORTURE AND GENUINE HORROR THEY ARE ENDURING AND SUFFERING PRIOR TO DEATH ...by comparing it to imprisoning an old man who will not abide by the laws of his state.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

vitamin K2 is found in animals and bacteria, including beneficial probiotic bacteria, aka "good bacteria," from the GI tract.

Most of our dietary vitamin K1 comes from vegetables - about 80%. Vitamin K2 is obtained mainly from the "good" bacteria produced in the digestive tract and is also found in certain fermented foods. 26 The absorbability of the vitamin K2 from the GI tract bacteria is uncertain. www.springboard4health.com...

Just eat yogurt. It has the probiotics for intestinal flora and what doctors recommend.
Easier than killing a goose.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Milk is not "very good" for everyone. Only 20% of the planet is NOT lactose intolerant.
I happen to love milk but it makes me feel stiff and painful and causes swelling and bloating. I am not lactose intolerant either and the milk I drink is organic. I have switched to Almond milk in cereals and for drinking and my skin has improved, I don't feel such a stiffness in my joints and the swelling appearance has completely gone away. Funny how you don't know how negatively something is affecting you until you eliminate it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

NaturalNews exclusive report, please credit with link. NaturalNews can now report that 65-year-old senior citizen James Stewart, a raw milk farmer with no criminal history, was nearly tortured to death in the LA County jail this past week. He survived a "week of torturous Hell" at the hands of LA County jail keepers who subjected him to starvation, sleep deprivation, hypothermia, loss of blood circulation to extremities, verbal intimidation, involuntary medical testing and even subjected him to over 30 hours of raw biological sewage filth containing dangerous pathogens.

Reads like the full Nazi camp experience, although I bet there were survivors who had a more pleasant stay at Nazi run camps than this. If it is true and there are no personell consequences and charges where they are appropriate then it is a very troubling turn of events. I wonder to what point the claims in the article can be corroborated.

But yeah the state has a hard hand towards farmer who try to bypass the owner class by selling their own product and of course tax evasion.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I have my doubts about his claims of torture.

There are other parts of the story that haven't been told either, such as the fact that he ignored a closure notice given to him before all this hit the fan.

www.thecompletepatient.com...

I find it hard to feel sorry for a person who doesn't do the right thing. It's legal to sell unpasteurised milk in LA, with the right permits, yet he chose not to.

I find it hard to feel sorry for a person who charges his customers a fee just so they can buy his illegal produce...I'd be fine with it if the fee was to help cover the cost of maintaining permits and the like...

And I find it hard to feel sorry for a person who was told to shut down the store until he had the proper permits yet ignored the warning...I mean if he had complied, he wouldn't have been arrested, in fact, nothing would have happened to him.

But back to the torture claims, it's a hell of a list!

• How James was subjected to severe food deprivation.

• How he was interrogated by deputies and accused of being a "sovereign," then branded with a red arm band (Nazi-style) to falsely indicate that he was a danger to the general population.

• How James was shackled in long chains wrapped around his waist multiple times, then had his hands cuffed behind his back which was bound to the heavy waist chain to restrict his movement. His handcuffs were so tight he thought his wrists would break.

• James was then handcuffed to a cold bench, restricting his movement to just six inches, then left on the bench for 4-5 hours.

• James was then forcibly subjected to various medical tests, including forced chest X-rays even while he was handcuffed.

• He was placed in a cold cell wearing only a T-shirt and pants, where he soon began to suffer from hypothermia and found himself violently shivering just to stay alive.

• How he was made to suffer through total sleep deprivation all night long as other prisoners were screaming and banging on the walls.

• His cell was then flooded with raw human sewage, which flowed into his jail cell 2-3 inches deep, covering his shoes and shirt. LA County jail guards then ordered James to clean up all the raw sewage in his cell by handing him a small hand-held squeegee and demanding that he squeegee out all the raw sewage himself (which he reluctantly did).

• He was then forced to stay in the putrid raw sewage cell for over 30 hours, fighting off nausea and living in bacteriological filth that threatened his health.

• All along, the LA County prison guards gloated over their treatment of prisoners while laughing and joking about their power to subject prisoners to such abuse. This behavior openly mimics that of Gitmo guards who took pictures gloating over their torture and murder of prisoners of war.

• During this entire process, James was not allowed a single phone call nor any visit from an attorney. His right to speak to an attorney was repeatedly denied.

• At no point was James notified of what he was being charged with. He was never presented with an arrest warrant nor were any charges explained to him.

• James was mysteriously "lost" in the system and LA County officials claimed they did not know where he was. This was apparently a deliberate attempt to subject an individual to drawn-out torture without legal representation and make sure no one could locate them to check on their health or arrest status.

All that for illegally selling raw milk?

Really? The cops and jailers really put him through all that for milk?

Sounds too ridiculous to be true.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Oklahoma laws regarding raw milk are a bit odd. You can sell it, but only on your own property. In other words, the consumer has to come to YOU to buy it. In Claremore, OK, there is a rather large dairy which sells raw milk, cream, and cheeses made from their raw milk. Unfortunately, we moved further away from it when we bought this house and it's now nearly a 2 hour drive to get there...

Anyway, a few years ago the dairy had a "rabies scare." Apparently one of their cows was bitten by a rabid animal and contracted the disease. A media circus ensued, and the health department - stop and let that sink in for a second - the OK state health department gave rabies shots in the stomach to people who had recently drank Swan dairy milk. What's wrong with this picture?

Rabies can only be transmitted through saliva, spinal fluid, or brain matter. NOT through milk, urine, feces, blood, etc. Since the cows' udders are thoroughly cleaned (i.e. disinfected) prior to milk extraction, there is no possible way that the milk could have been contaminated with saliva, spinal fluid, or brain matter! So the whole thing was actually a non-issue, but no one admitted it until weeks after the scare campaign which included people being given painful shots in the stomach by the state health department.

On to the raw milk "controversy."

First of all, you have an immune system for a reason, and like any other working system in your body, your immune system works better if it is actually USED. In other words, exposing your immune system to various pathogens in small amounts gets it some practice and makes it stronger and more effective. The way to keep your kids (and yourself) healthy is not to make the environment as sterile as possible, but to allow them to be exposed to germs and stuff so their immune systems function correctly. "Sterile" milk is not better milk.

Secondly, raw milk contains all kinds of GOOD stuff, including enzymes that help you digest the lactose, that are killed by pasteurization. Yep, you read that right - most (I would say all but someone's bound to come up with an exception if I do) people who are "lactose intolerant" can drink raw milk just fine because it has those nifty enzymes in it. Not to mention all the vitamins, etc., that have to be added back to pasteurized milk because the process destroys them.

As others in this thread have said in other ways or alluded to, "TPTB" do not want us to be healthy. The health care system can't make any money off us if we're healthy! Not to mention, strong healthy people who don't need ongoing medical care and prescription drugs will be more of a problem (and a threat) if/when the SHTF.

I'm not sure about James Stewart's particular story, but I think I can say with confidence that
a) there IS a "conspiracy" against raw milk as well as other foods and herbs that help people be healthy, and
b) said conspiracy is NOT trying to "protect" us.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is all quite easy to explain. Control the food, control the populous. Americans can be feed up to the brim with big goverment and ready for a fight, but with no food,no water,and no fuel. = no fight.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Milk is not "very good" for everyone. Only 20% of the planet is NOT lactose intolerant.
I happen to love milk but it makes me feel stiff and painful and causes swelling and bloating. I am not lactose intolerant either and the milk I drink is organic. I have switched to Almond milk in cereals and for drinking and my skin has improved, I don't feel such a stiffness in my joints and the swelling appearance has completely gone away. Funny how you don't know how negatively something is affecting you until you eliminate it.

Forgive me, but it does sound like you're slightly lactose intolerant. I discovered that many of my problems were milk related when I cut it out of my diet and then reintroduced it. Except I had other symptoms of lactose intolerance. I come from a family where most are lactose tolerant, so my issues weren't readily recognized when I started drinking milk in my twenties.

I think I naturally knew as a child that I was intolerant as I refused to drink milk for years. I only stick to kefir, yogurt, and cheese these days. No ice cream or milk that doesn't have lactaid advertised on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

Originally posted by newcovenant

Forgive me, but it does sound like you're slightly lactose intolerant. I discovered that many of my problems were milk related when I cut it out of my diet and then reintroduced it. Except I had other symptoms of lactose intolerance. I come from a family where most are lactose tolerant, so my issues weren't readily recognized when I started drinking milk in my twenties.

I think I naturally knew as a child that I was intolerant as I refused to drink milk for years. I only stick to kefir, yogurt, and cheese these days. No ice cream or milk that doesn't have lactaid advertised on it.

You know...it didn't seem to affect me adversely as a child but now that you have brought it to my attention - you might be right.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Just when you think you've read and heard it all! I believe his adventure in jail has been blown out of porportion,but the regulations these farmers are forced to abide by is out of control as well.
Grown adults know how to read and understand any risks when purchasing and consuming raw milk,cheeses,eggs ect..ect.The government needs to get out of our personal lives and our kitchen,we should have the right to consume whatever we see fit to eat.

I mean how ridiculous is this?In jail or prison for selling raw milk! not heroine not drugs raw milk,come on people what's next?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by jude11
I did hear in the video that he was questioned as to whether or not he is a "Sovereign" and this could lend more credibility to his story.

Which is exactly why he made that up and added it to the story. He knows his target audience well, doesn't he? Believe me, I know a lot of LEO's and prison guards, they have no idea was a “sovereign” even is, because that term only exists in internet conspiracy theory law.

reply to post by TWILITE22

The problem is that you're placing trust in these guys word as to what they are providing you with. Obviously this guy has something he is hiding or he would be complying with the rules for legally selling raw milk. Do you honestly think that all these guys are honest? I mean just look at how dishonest he is being about what happened to him in jail. Now is that someone you really want to trust your health too? You ever heard of “snake oil salesmen”?

These guys invest a lot of money in cows, if those cows for some reason aren't fit to be marketed to consumer buyer, then they can be out a fortune. Believe me, if a farmer who is looking at losing his shirt over his bad herd has the opportunity to get away with still making money off it, you bet your butt he's going to try it. If that means that you end up getting sick, then its buyer beware in their opinion.

That is why the government places these rules. Not because they are trying to harm you, but rather because they are keeping others from taking advantage of their potential customers.

...And again I ask...
If this guy has nothing to hide, then why is he not complying with the rules?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I question the validity of this. Am I ignorant to the possibility that it happened? No; but it has become common place to produce stories that sensationalize a topic.

I guess more research into this is at hand.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Have you ever been to jail?

I got to say, I have been to jail many times through out my life. Some for reasons I fully deserved, other times not so much. I actually believe his story for the simple fact that it sounds like the same thing I have been through in jail myself. It seems very typical of the "booking process". I have never actually considered it torture, but in reflection, I guess it kind of is.

The fact that it was so cold is actually normal for any jail. I have sat in holding cell freezing my butt off, while the jailors sat at their desk with jackets on. As an Inmate- you don't complain. You don't say much of anything, if you do you are viewed as a troublemaker by the staff.

The raw sewage, chances are it was done by another inmate. Eventually people do snap and do stupid things in jail as a way to draw attention or get moved.

Getting lost in the system= this is why you don't complain. The staff at any jail I have ever been to make no secret that this is exactly what will happen if you choose not to cooperate.

No food.. again very typical. Especially in the booking area. The inmates in booking are low on the totem pole of priority. If you do get any type of food, it will be a bologna sandwich. The reason why inmates are so low on the priority list is because generally you are viewed as someone who will make bail pretty quick or be OR'ed (released on your own recognizance), or you will just be moved into the general population (at which point you will be fed when everyone else is) so they dont worry about feeding you. You can eat when you leave or get moved into Gen Pop. If there is anything left over after feeding the inmates who are being housed at the facility, that will then go to booking.

My last visit to jail was Spartanburg County in South Carolina. I was arrested for DUI. Was I drunk? Nope. Not at all. I was working as a bar back at a night club that evening. Part of my job was to take out the trash, or as I called it "take the beer bath". You see, waitresses always dump ice, half full beer bottles, non finished drinks, into the trash cans. I when it was full, I would drag the can outside and pick it up and pour it into a larger dumpster. It never failed, eventually you got some on yourself. Arms, shirt, feet, legs, it just happened.

So after work I was driving home and my brakes failed on my car. I had actually been working on the brake issue for the last week and trying to trace the problem. My brakes worked fine as long as I pumped the brake a few times, so I continued to drive the car. When they did fail completely, I was trying to stop at the stop light. Instead of stopping, the brake pedal went to the floor and I hit the truck in front of me. It was a large truck and I was in a small car. I actually drove up under the truck and made contact around the middle of my hood. I flew into the windshield and broke the glass with my head.

The Officer on the scene smelled alcohol, which I explained why I smelled that way. Of course, he didnt believe it. I failed the field sobriety test. Sorry I could not keep my balance very well after flying face first into the windshield. It was obvious I had a head injury. The hole in the glass and the cuts and lump on my forehead, it was real easy to see what had happened. Instead the officer arrested me for DUI. I, as any defense lawyer will tell you, refused the breathalyzer. Which turned out to actually be smart, due to the fact the medication I was would have caused me to fail it anyway (which I learned when going to DUI classes so I can get my license back for refusing the breathalyzer).

After arriving at the jail, I asked to see a doctor. I thought I was showing signs of a concussion. I was dizzy, I was nauseous and throwing up, and I as confused. I spent a lot of time listening to the ringing in my head. My jailors refused me any type of medical. They assumed since I was in for DUI, I was just throwing up from drinking too much. I was in the "booking process" for over 72 hours. I did not get anything to eat till the third day. I was required to sit in the middle of the room on a chair for 48 hours before being assigned a holding cell. The Jailors even remarked how I was the first drunk to not pass out in my chair, which was really cute considering I was not drunk when I came in.

Eventually I was given a holding cell made for one person (this cell consist of a floor, a toilet, and a sink. No bunk bed or anywhere to sit), and I was sharing it with 3 other people. All of us just made a spot on the floor. I fell asleep. Late into day 3 I was moved to Gen Pop. They actually forgot I was in that cell, they told me they forgot about me, which is why I was not given food until I was moved on day 3. I wont even get into how cold it was... I will say it took me a day or two after leaving to finally get warm again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join