It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!!! Massive Flash of light in the Sky, Sky Looks Red. Sound Of Rain. NO RAIN!?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corrupted Data
GUYS FOUND OUT THE CAUSE.
SOLAR FLARE JUST HIT US.

Solar Flare - space weather , com

A solar flare does NOT cause the sky to turn red and make it sound like it is raining.
And where is the pictures/videos and sound of the so called rain?

And just for your information.. There is nothing at the moment bombarding our magnetic field/atmosphere at all and conditions are currently calm, so there is not even any flare that is currently having any effect on our planet.

This is something you could have figured out yourself, but instead you jump to wild assumptions.
edit on 11-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I can hear it outside, its not very loud.
But its audible enough to be heard.
If your In UK. go out, have a listen. Im sure you will find a similar thing.

And if it is audible then you can also record it and post it here.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What makes me think this is just a troll, trolling

posted on 10-3-2012 @ 09:03 PM

Goddard Space Weather Lab, the cloud will hit our planet's magnetosphere on March 12th at 1803 UT

Bang.......exactly the time guessed. Not a minute out

No one else in the UK saw or heard anything....and he didnt have a camera or anything to record with.

Yup....trolling

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
OP has been playing too much Final Fantasy X.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
People in the ATS forums sure are quick to be skeptical when eyewitnesses come on here and post their accounts. I recently wrote a thread about seeing four red lights in the sky, and while all I did was describe them, people came to the conclusion I was lying for some reason.

Why would I do that? All I am doing is trying to keep the community informed. It is completely out of line to call something like that trolling. I guess people think it is easier to assume that I am lying than accept something they don't understand, even though their assumption is false. It is interesting, but a definite weakness that will keep them from ever learning the truth. Try posting something you see on here sometime, and you will understand how frustrating it is.

Still, there are others who are open-minded. I find them much more agreeable. Also, I really need to update my cell phone so I can provide pics and video next time. There really is no excuse for not having recording equipment on hand these days, right? Except I'm broke... lol
edit on 11-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

That doesnt explain why he was the only person in the UK to have seen it. Even the webcams showed everything was normal...black sky at night.

He may have seen a red flash in the sky, but that could have been anything. He said the whole sky was red, yet live cams in the uk at that time showed black sky.

Im in the UK, i looked outside when this was posted, my sky was black. There was no rain sound.

How can such a massive solar flare affect only a town the size of Glastonbury? Im 168 miles from him....the webcams in Bristol which are 31 miles away showed nothing untoward.

Im not saying he is lying, im saying he is mistaken.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Don't worry mate - put it down to experience - and even if you'd had pics and sound they sure would have been debunked here.

The only thing that would ever be acceptable is if a big hand came out of the clouds with a scroll and made an announcement that every single sole on the planet could see and hear!

Ps. Watch out for the clouds parting.

Thanks for the attempt.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

and now the sky has turned RED.

I have witnessed a red sky before traveling thru the Nevada desert, it was the strangest site, scary really. We called the weather station and he already knew why we were calling, before we could say more then hello. He said we were seeing meteorite dust. We took him for his word. I wish now that I would have had my camera handy because it really was beautiful. The sky was not entirely red but had the look of a dusting of red in it. It lasted for several hours then faded. It looked similar to this, just not as dramatic.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
People in the ATS forums sure are quick to be skeptical when eyewitnesses come on here and post their accounts. I recently wrote a thread about seeing four red lights in the sky, and while all I did was describe them, people came to the conclusion I was lying for some reason.

Why would I do that? All I am doing is trying to keep the community informed. It is completely out of line to call something like that trolling. I guess people think it is easier to assume that I am lying than accept something they don't understand, even though their assumption is false. It is interesting, but a definite weakness that will keep them from ever learning the truth. Try posting something you see on here sometime, and you will understand how frustrating it is.

Still, there are others who are open-minded. I find them much more agreeable. Also, I really need to update my cell phone so I can provide pics and video next time. There really is no excuse for not having recording equipment on hand these days, right? Except I'm broke... lol
edit on 11-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Skeptical?? He blames it on solar flares, even though there is no solar flares currently bombarding our planet.
Some of us have enough knowledge to debunk such silly theories based on nothing but wild assumptions.

Not odd he gets called a troll when he basically just makes up #.

And here is the proof:

No Distinct Sign of Incoming CME The Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) that was expected to sweep past Earth has yet to arrive. There has been no distinct sign on the ACE Spacecraft data. The expanding plasma cloud is either slower than anticipated or the majority of the cloud may have missed Earth. Continue to monitor the ACE Spacecraft data for indications of a possible impact.

So yeah, he is making stuff up.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
UFO Noise Connection Video - Stonehenge

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

I don't know what you saw or heard where you are but I believe you.

I live is the US in the state of Florida. Last night around 8 pm my alpha dog was doing his low growl and pacing. He does this when there is something outside that he wants to get at, but it is no real threat. He kept doing this off and on, so I tried to ignore him. It became difficult to ignore him, because it went on far longer then usual. I went on full alert when the pacing stopped and the growl became far more menacing in its timber and my other Ridgie came to attention. Nia pays attention to nothing, unless responding to pack instinct. When my alpha Ridgie started to bark, something he only does when he wants me to pay attention, I went out to see what was afoot.

The sky looked normal. I didn't see anything unusual, but I did hear what I thought was a light rain; at times it sounded a little heavier. I did not see any rain. This too is not unusual. I live in a rural area. You can hear sound travel from long distances. It is normal to hear a heavy rain traveling towards you from a long way off. I have often tried to finish a task trusting to make it back to the house before getting caught in the approaching storm. Most of the time I won but not always. The worse of thing that happens if I lose is having to bathe the stinky, wet dog, because he loves to be out in the rain with me but forget about letting a drop of rain fall on him if he is outside by himself.

Anyway back on topic. I stayed outside long enough to determine that the sound I was hearing was not coming from an approaching storm. It wasn’t coming from the direction of any of my neighbors and it did seem to be coming from the sky, but I could not pinpoint any particular direction. The only direction that I could say with any confidence that it was coming from was up.

My dogs seemed happier with the noise when outside rather than inside. When inside my Ridgie went back to the intermittent pacing, so I left the backdoor open so he could go out on the porch and see that all was okay and this seemed to keep him happy.

The sound was not very loud most of the time. There were intervals when it got to be a bit sounder, briefly. I don’t know how long it lasted because I forgot about it. I am usually the last one to bed in my house but I had a bad day at work and had been up over 24 hours so I was the first one to bed last night so I don’t know when it stopped. I didn’t think about again until I saw your post.

What I heard and what you heard may have had absolutely nothing to do with each other, but I believe you if you say you heard something unusual. It happens and I think that a lot of the unusual things that people have been hearing and seeing will increase. Partly because I think that people are becoming more in tune and more aware of this little dot in our universe and partly because we have just started our journey on the roller coaster ride we will be traveling through the debris field of our glorious Milky Way.

I think that we live on a magnificent planet that we have ignored for hundreds of centuries. It may be our abused and neglected world’s way of saying “Do you hear me now?”

I for one am listening.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I went to bed late yesterday/this morning, about 4am-ish.

Something woke me up about 5am, no idea what, but there seemed to be more light than usual coming from outside. I sleep with the curtians partly open.

I got up to look out of the window, and this woke my hubby up.
He was the one who said 'Red sky at night, ______'s burning' as a joke. And I thought yes, the sky is red.

I too believe.

And it has been prophecised by an Amerindian shaman.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I do not think it's from the solar flare. This is exactly one type of sound I am trying to describe in other posts. The other one is a of rumbling sort.

Hi, I'm new here and I'm nearly hooked to ATS. It seems to answers so much questions I have lived with my entire life. Or at the very least I get to know the opinions of people on a lot of stuff. There seems to be little going on I am not interested in. I have seen and experienced some things I am not comfortable expressing when talking to people around me. Being human I sometimes want to vent those experiences to know what others think of them. Fortunately for me I have found a place with mindlike people. I live in the Netherlands and this is the second day on a row that we experience an unknown sound from the air (?). Like I posted before we hear different kind of sounds. They come and go. But now it's making me uncomfortable for it keeps on going. It sounds like an mixture of an airplane flying low, rumbling, humming. If it were airplanes, than all the airplanes in the world flew over these last two days. Its going on day and night. We tried to capture it, but our phones didn't do the job right. There is nothing to see in the sky. It sounds a few minutes, the pauses in between are taking more time than the sounds itself. Between 5 minutes to an hour. The night before last, when we ( Me, my son, two sisters and a friend) thought it was over, it was just to give way to a different kind of sound; like electrical sparks, for like ten minutes. After this the low rumbling continued. While I'm typing this I can still hear it once in a while. I know a lot of people are hearing these sounds. But do they also experience them for long periods of time? Greetings

We tried to capture the sound, but It just sounds like rain and/or static hissing and rumbling like thunder/planes. So it is no evidence. You have to hear it in person.

This is just the sound we (my family and me) hear over here in the netherlands (south). It is indeed quite simpel: hearing is believing. When it stays in the background, it is easily ignored. But sometimes it gets louder and I get real uncomfortable. First I was dying to know what is causing it, but I changed my mind after my mothers remark: "I really do hope that we will never have to experience what this means. Wouldn't that be great?" I am not so eager to know where it comes from anymore....

I forgot to mention that I think there is a correlation between The Sound and clouds. I've noticed that I never heard The Sound on a cloudless day/night.....

Saying that you are in the same area, but didn't hear a thing, doesn't mean the sound was not there. It is easily drowned out by music, loud talking, tv etc. Sometimes my son will come home and say: "Hey mom, the sound is back." And it's not until I stick my head outside or switch the tv of, I hear it too. But sometimes it's so load we here it over anything else we are doing.

Another strange thing is that the clouds I mentioned before are there, even when the weather for the area is proclaimed to be clear...

Weird stuff people.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I didn't mean to say I thought this person is lying about what they saw or heard!
I simply argued that their hypothesis to explain the source of the phenomenon was invalid. There has to be another, different, explanation.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

GUYS FOUND OUT THE CAUSE.
SOLAR FLARE JUST HIT US.

Solar Flare - space weather , com

A solar flare does NOT cause the sky to turn red and make it sound like it is raining.
And where is the pictures/videos and sound of the so called rain?

And just for your information.. There is nothing at the moment bombarding our magnetic field/atmosphere at all and conditions are currently calm, so there is not even any flare that is currently having any effect on our planet.

This is something you could have figured out yourself, but instead you jump to wild assumptions.

not so fast...not so fast...

flares do actually change the colour of the sky..

The whole sky appeared mottled-red, the arrows of fire shooting up from the north, like a terrible bombardment, of which we could see all and hear none, while the stars of greater magnitude shone through like sentry lights…Correspondence of the Journal of Commerce, Cleveland, Ohio [Washington Daily National Intelligencer, Friday, September 2, 1859].

- Carrington Event 1859 Solar Storm

www.solarstorms.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Actually Glastonbury isn't on this year, they are having a year off
/quote]

Lol, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yeah this happened to us last night in Glasgow, Scotland. There were several flashes which made the sky light up, like turning a light switch on and off with a minute or 2 between flashes...no one can say it was lightning because it was a clear sky, cold, and a calm night..and just as you described about 2 hours after the sky was more red than i've ever seen it! I doubt it was a solar flare somehow, its seems more like HAARP or something...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join