It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter S Thompson...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
For Prez ( god rest him soul ) that would be the day. no one would mess with us. he is 100% bat S*** crazy you know what your getting with him. iran could even respect that. 1 person crazier with logic than them.

what is your thought on this?
edit on 10-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
he would aim HAARP over a pig farm just for morning bacon. take that putin....

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The young-uns who don't know who he is, should watch the 1980 movie about him....Where the Buffalo Roam.

Bat-poop crazy sane......he woulda loved ATS....

Thanks for the memories OP....

Des

edit on 10-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
He was definitely whacked because he was a champion of exposing govt corruption. No way he would have killed himself.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
not that this will do him justice but here it is

en.wikipedia.org...

Hunter Stockton Thompson (July 18, 1937 – February 20, 2005) was an American journalist and author who wrote The Rum Diary (1998), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1971), Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 (1973), The Curse of Lono (1983), and Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs (1966).

He is credited as the creator of Gonzo journalism, a style of reporting where reporters involve themselves in the action to such a degree that they become central figures of their stories. He is known also for his lifelong use of alcohol, '___', mescaline, and coc aine (among other substances); his love of firearms; his inveterate hatred of Richard Nixon; and his iconoclastic contempt for authoritarianism. While suffering a bout of health problems, he committed suicide in 2005 at the age of 67.

On August 20, 2005, in a private ceremony, Thompson's ashes were fired from a cannon to the tune of Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky" and Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man."[36] The cannon was placed atop a 153-foot (47 m) tower of his own design, in the shape of a double-thumbed fist clutching a peyote button originally used in Hunter S. Thompson's 1970 campaign for sheriff of Aspen, Colorado. Red, white, blue, and green fireworks were launched along with his ashes. According to his widow Anita, Thompson's funeral was financed by actor Johnny Depp, a close friend of Thompson. Depp told the Associated Press, "All I'm doing is trying to make sure his last wish comes true. I just want to send my pal out the way he wants to go out."[36]

edit on 10-3-2012 by omegacorps because: and the funeral

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
He was definitely whacked because he was a champion of exposing govt corruption. No way he would have killed himself.

You know...I've thought about that...but, he was so damn impulsive, I can see him doing it.....

Des

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i think he could have all on his own. how whacked would the agent or agents had to have been to come up with this on there own. in his fortified compound. with his son there. not saying it was right but damn it respect the man for as least his positive impact on life. am i right?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

A great writer and journalist. I have only just caught on to him. I know he was a bit naughty, but a genius and original man in every way. The kind of America I love being in this world!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The "fear and loathing" books are even better than the movie. His rambling writing style is completely different form anything else I ever read.

The movie was good also, Bill Murray completely changed into HST. What a performance.

He stomped on the terra.

edit on 11-3-2012 by kawika because: added image

edit on 11-3-2012 by kawika because: added image

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He was mad, but he was a visionary. And not many books make me laugh out loud but his do. When I think of that poor hitch-hiker getting in his car and them all drugged-up screaming "bats". OMG

Didn't he want to tear down parking lots to put up trees?
edit on 11-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Rest in.... oh screw that... give 'em HELL!!

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

~ Hunter S. Thompson

July 18, 1937 – February 20, 2005

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
NAh.

Not Ron Paul.

But RU PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!

new topics

top topics

join