It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad 3 sells out worldwide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
lol why so much hate for a product? If you don't like it don't buy it, simple as that.

I bought my dad the original iPad when they reduced the price at the time the iPad 2 came out. He's one of those old guys that has trouble working computers...he was apprehensive about using it at first and now he LOVES that darn thing.

I'm on a custom built laptop with full touchscreen and as cool as iPads are I can't see myself getting one considering the laptop I'm using - Plus I have an iPhone 4. I skipped on the 4s so I'd be upgrade eligible for the iPhone 5.

as for this "sold out worldwide" statement, that doesn't appear to be true. Apple.com still shows pre-order is available and will be shipping on 3/19/12.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
its a virus called keeping up with the jones,s

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I'm amazed it was sold out.... the iPad3 with 4g tech doesn't even work in Denmark fx. We don't use the frequency build in for 4g. I mean wtf. What were Apple thinking? "Let's just put US frequencies in all models... not make regional models"

It's not like Denmark or any other country is going to change their 4g frequency because of Apple.

Have you checked if your country supports the hardware?

I smell a recall in a short time and an overrun Apple trying to fix this. I for one wont buy this crap until they have fixed it, there's no point in buying an iPad 2 with a better screen (which is essentially what the iPad 3 is without 4g)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
People buy them (ipad or android tabs) for many different reasons, wether for work or ply...honestly, who cares what others are doing or what they like??? End of rant section, my honest appraisal follows:

I was all set to buy the base 199.00 tab that tmobile offers, for work use, presentations, having all sell and tech sheets available to email w/o having to print, copy, carry brochures, and reality was I was not sure how much I would use it...also, having an android phone since they came out, I was pretty well behind the technology. Wifey surprised me at Christmas with an I-pad (she knows I'd never spend that much on myself)...all I can say is that the operating system allows for a much smoother user experience, no lags, no slowing...I also love itunes in the sense that it is a central hub for everything...all my powerpoints, pdf's, word and excel docs transferred over with ease by downloading the appropriate aps, transferring files from my comp into itunes, and from there they are instantly on the pad. The market is also better for tablets as aps are broken into "tablet" or "phone" aps (or both).

Anyways...thats my story and I'm sticking to it

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Retina Display RETINA DISPLAY RETINA DISPLAY!!!

HQ name brand apps and games too

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well you are wrong there, tablets are the future and they are quickly getting more powerful.

The iPad 3 specs are pretty good:
The CPU alone is a dual-core Apple A5X custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip with quad-core graphics.

QUAD CORE GRAPHICS?! The CPU industry is heavily focusing it's attention to these mobile processors, quad cpu + quad gpu mobile chips are already on the market.

That is serious power for just a tablet.

Retina display 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution!?
^ That alone is amazing for a tablet... Thats ridiculous and must look great.

However, there's other tablets to consider than the iPad 3, better specs especially.

edit on 11-3-2012 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Yes but can it play Crysis 2 at 16x antialiasing and at 2160p at 100 FPS? Ipad game are only for housewives and sheep fanboys who have never seen a real pro gamer who is a master.

-Sent from my iPhone

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join