It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad 3 sells out worldwide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
iTards

that is all.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Because nobody can touch the technology apple uses in its Ipad.

You can, take a big hammer, or heavy object, pound the iPad to death until its innards exposed, then take your finger and touch/poke all that spilled technology.....simples.

The smoothness, the interface, etc. Many wannabees, but nobody can top the Ipad as a product.

I would say the latest Android is fairy tidy looking to be fair, and I'm not a big fan of that either, at least it has flash.

Who would buy it? Well, it literally has changed the way I use the internet. I don't use my bulky laptop anymore, I can simply lay in bed, download apps, play games, oh. . .and post on ATS. Without having this hulking laptop on my chest.

Good luck with all those flash games without jailbraking :-p (not everyone knows about, or how to jailbreak.

I don't get all of the I pad haters out there. It's tough being at the top I guess. . .

Are you saying all iPad haters are at the top? 'cos there aint much room up here for many more you know!

:-p lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I take Ipad haters and critics to be like the guy we all know. . .you know him, you tell him

"Did you hear that new song by XXXXXband"?

He replies "Oh bro, why do you listen to all that commercialized music? You need to listen to (insert obscure indie band here)."

And of course the band you were talking about goes on to a ten year career, yet the indie band your buddy brings up, you can't remember their name a year after the conversation.

The indie band may be good, but they aint as polished as the band that goes on to the rock n roll Hall of Fame.

Thats what you guys remind me of. . . . I don't get it. It's popular for a reason.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

I don't get it. It's popular for a reason.

Yup, absolutely agree........Apple have one of the best marketing departments in the world, they could take dog poop and sell it as Big Macs.......oh now there's a thought......

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
One feature is the reason.. RETINA DISPLAY!!!

I along with many others have been waiting since the beginning for it
edit on 10-3-2012 by Veresanctus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I never thought that a tablet would get much use in my house, but I took the plunge and got an HP Touchpad last year when they had theire firesale, 149 quid I have a tablet that is basically on a par with an ipad 2.

I'm multibooting it with web os, android 4 and linux.

tbh i wish I'd got 4, because it causes more arguments than "it's my turn on the PC dad" ever did, pesky kids who'd have em

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's popular for many reasons one of which is just works.. I have no idea how many times i've had to take my android phone to the shop to be fixed.

Another reason is the App store. My son has autism and the droid market is utterly useless when it comes to apps for him, 500$ for something he can just use with no extras like a mouse and keyboard that just works? You have my money. He had an ipod for about a week and figured it out with hardly any issues.

For those who are hating on apple because they make a quality product that sells well "U mad bro?"

The lesson here is you get what you pay for, even more so when it comes to things like computers, TV's and phones. I'd rather pony up the extra 100-200$ and get something that works then have to deal with the headache of taking it back to the shop 5 times within a year cause an update broke the software or something.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Here are the prices: store.apple.com...

Starts at $500 16 GB, $600 32GB, $700 64GB with 3G $630 16 GB, $730 32GB, and $830 64 GB

Crazy! I would never use it enough to justify those prices. I'd take the Kindle or Nook over this If I needed a tablet

Yea these people don't know what they could be getting for 900$.

A damn good computer built by somebody who builds pc's...hence not at a best buy or something like that.

They could have 10X the computing power and usefulness.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

It's not about the computing power or any of that, it's about simplicity and organization that brings light to the iPad.

The iPad is thin and lightweight, females can even carry it in their purse. You can play board games with people or you can watch movies on a long ride.

You can carry it from room to room without cords and organize information. It's the simple things that count

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

The only issue is you cant really carry a PC around with you, and I have yet to see a laptop that can play games for 10 hours non stop.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The way I see it. The biggest points are portability and ease of use. I do not have one, because i am a long time hard core gamer and I just don't see the cost justification for me. If I was gonna recommend something to my mother or any one else that is not computer savvy and does not want to be tied down to a computer desk for hours on end. I would have to recommend a tablet and would probably lean towards the Ipad for the main fact that their products are generally very user-friendly. Why did the Ipod take over the MP3 player market? It took something that you used to need a medium amount of computer knowledge to use and streamlined it. Now they are so easy to use that anyone can and does use them. Add to that the fact that they came up with the idea to use a built in marketplace place for buying songs, it is just a no brainer that they took over. I am also not a Apple fanboy either, because when I buy a computer I like to be able to change anything I want in it. I have only owned one Apple computer a Macbook pro. Got rid of it, just wasn't for me. I prefer desktops. I do have an Iphone though. I do not upgrade everytime the latest and greatest comes out though, still have a 8 GB 3G version that I bought after my Nokia Ngage took a crap. Yes, you can start the flames now, but I loved my Ngage and I really like my Iphone too. The bigger point I am getting at here, is that everyone is different and it makes no sense to throw out bad names at people because they have a different preference than you do in their electronics. It is their money let them spend it where they want without all the complaining and moaning. Get over it.

The comparison apple fanatics to Indie bands is way off base. If you look at a large amount of the big bands that are out there now. They have roots in the Indie scene, One of the most prominent ines that comes to my mind and a personal favorite is the former group REM. Huge Indie band when I was in college, Except it was called Alternative back then. And I do not even want to get started on the horrible slew of one-hit wonder bands that the mainstream music scene has thrown out. My 2 cents worth, still worth nothing, but it is miine.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter
iTards

that is all.

Don't be jealous you can't afford one.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm on my iPad 2 right now. I don't want to see the 3's screen in real life because I'll find out how much better it is than mine lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm a programmer, writer, and startup entrepreneur. I can't do torrents on the iPad without paying a hefty fee to Verizon. I can't use Visual Basic on it, I can't type a novel on it, I can't use Excel comfortably on it. Kinda pointless for me to own one.

Once it does all these things, I'll definitely buy one tho!

And Indie Bands rock dude, commercialized music does sux! Have you ever listened to Pop these days??? Grosses me out!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I'm a programmer, writer, and startup entrepreneur. I can't do torrents on the iPad without paying a hefty fee to Verizon. I can't use Visual Basic on it, I can't type a novel on it, I can't use Excel comfortably on it. Kinda pointless for me to own one.

And Indie Bands rock dude, commercialized music does sux! Have you ever listened to Pop these days??? Grosses me out!

And all of those things you should be doing on a PC not an Ipad. it wasn't made for those things.. I mean seriously?
That's almost like buying a car and complaining it can't fly.

The Ipad was made for people that just want to go on facebook play a few games and browse the web. watch some movies etc. not for writing books torrenting programs and playing with visual basic.
edit on 3/11/1212 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I got the iPad 2 for my birthday about a month ago ..... Darn it LOL but I love it!! It is great, I'm on it right now!! I hardly ever use my laptop anymore! I do still use my laptop for different things, like anything that needs flash!

Other that that I love it and am happy with it!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

And all of those things you should be doing on a PC not an Ipad. it wasn't made for those things.. I mean seriously?
That's almost like buying a car and complaining it can't fly.

The Ipad was made for people that just want to go on facebook play a few games and browse the web. watch some movies etc. not for writing books torrenting programs and playing with visual basic.
edit on 3/11/1212 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out why I don't use it. I know exactly why they were made. And until they have more functionality, I'll never buy one. Is that too hard to ask? For a higher end iPad for those of us that would like mobile computing? The company has $90 Billion on hand.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ppl loves the apple mobility products mostly because it is a simple device its "to the point" get a few apps..songs....facebook..movies.. its not that hard to use for mainstreamers hipsters etc. the one area that i am not attracted to is their mobile devices. i've owned many ipods, was fun at first but its to damned simple even while jailbroken! i like to push my devices to its limit like i can do on my droid, not alot of ppl like android phones for that reason too difficult to use or just down right trash it when it is infact an awesome platform.

from custom kernals...to software mods.... hell, even hardware mods!

idk...i guess some folks like apple mobile products some don't, but me...give me a samsung galaxy s and im damned happy!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I heard about it on the radio a few days ago, and the tech analyst seemed excited about it? However, from what I gathered from his description, the new IPAD does not do much more than the previous model. I recall hearing about better picture quality and an ability to shoot and edit video. There could be a little more, but it does not sound like much to me? Especially for the starting price of half a grand.

If people want to throw their money away on a name more power to them. I am glad to say I never got caught up with this gimmick. You know "Apple," this and "I," that. Anything new with "Apple," and people flood the stores. In most cases it seems they have no problems dropping bundles of money on stuff that is launched with only minor updates in comparison to the device they already have? I like to refer to them as "I," zombies."

Apple customer after learning about a new "I Device," and after recently spending a lot of money on the previous version?

edit on 11-3-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm amazed it was sold out.... the iPad3 with 4g tech doesn't even work in Denmark fx. We don't use the frequency build in for 4g. I mean wtf. What were Apple thinking? "Let's just put US frequencies in all models... not make regional models"

It's not like Denmark or any other country is going to change their 4g frequency because of Apple.

Have you checked if your country supports the hardware?

I smell a recall in a short time and an overrun Apple trying to fix this. I for one wont buy this crap until they have fixed it, there's no point in buying an iPad 2 with a better screen (which is essentially what the iPad 3 is without 4g)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join