It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad 3 sells out worldwide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Apple didn't have much expectations for the iPad 3. They only expected it to just break even. However, once again, The religious cult of Apple has somehow managed to do it again, and beat all expectations. iPad 3 pre-orders have sold out worldwide within hours of its announcement/press release.

Do people really love Apple this much?
How can people love a product this much?

This is incredibly ridiculous, but this is also why Apple is the world's most powerful and valuable company!

edit on 10-3-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's pointless.

Apple designed the modern "must have" accessorie. That's all it is, an accessorie, like a handbag.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Yeah I agree, the iPad is like a big toy, I'm waiting for it and other tablets to get more powerful, but I do not believe that that will ever happen. Studying the trends you will see that this isn't the goal of tablet makers, at least not in the next five years. Tablets are about easy and simple stuff. Not hardcore mobile computing. No matter how cool that may be.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How much are they selling this one for? I can't believe people will toss away hundreds on cellphones and ipads and such

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We are being overrun by the hipsters lol, the kony supporting SLR camera wearing, iphone/ipad holding people lol. It always amuses me go to coffee shops see them all with their ipads and macbooks, then it saddens me that i didnt invest in apple a few years back when they released the first ipod,their share price was still at $7 a share :'( haha. But yeah it just goes to show how many people have to much money, like the difference between the ipad 1 2 and now 3 honestly cant be that big, maybe from the 1st one maybe it has a big cpu upgrade or run time or something ok that could warrant an upgrade if you are constantly having to charge it or something like that but, so many things on my murphy's law poster makes so much sense the older i get 'A fool and his money are soon parted'.

I just need to think up something i can make these stupid hipsters buy and then i'll be set for life, maybe i can sell sheep shearing shears because there are a hell of a lot of hipster sheep running around now

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So far they haven't added a single usb port to the iPads and the highend models as far as I remember cost upwards of £550 when they come out....

Even cigarettes hook up to USB nowadays... think about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here are the prices: store.apple.com...

Starts at $500 16 GB, $600 32GB, $700 64GB with 3G $630 16 GB, $730 32GB, and $830 64 GB

Crazy! I would never use it enough to justify those prices. I'd take the Kindle or Nook over this If I needed a tablet

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

I believe ppl have a right to do what they want with their own money. iPad's aren't bad things, just insanely and religiously popular.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
So far they haven't added a single usb port to the iPads and the highend models as far as I remember cost upwards of £550 when they come out....

Even cigarettes hook up to USB nowadays... think about it.

Apple probably doesn't want USB on there devices because then it would be too easy to mess with the hardware and software from the hackers. Pssh they do realize their next firmwares are already being jailbroken as we speak! right?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm actually on the iPad 2 right now
.. Actually I'm always on it.. More so than my computer, I love it. Upgrading to the 3 would be a waste for me though

I hate say it but it is kinda nice having it over a laptop

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thats freaking crazy!!! They sell it and market it to people like candy. They make people crave it. I remember when I got my first Ipod, how I felt about them before I had one. When I finally got one I was disappointed because of how simple it was for the price. A ipad can do every thing a smart phone can and smart phones are cheaper. You can get a much more power full laptop for the same price.

But hey... you gotta give it to them, they do know how to market. Probably the best sells men on the planet.

They could sell poop their customers and they would be happy, they all ready are.

I bet most of the buyers are going to resell them on the net. I have been wanting to get in on that action.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ohh, is this the new iPad with wings, that leaves you feeling dry, odourless and comfortable all day long?

Seriously though, Apple is a joke, yes, they have some nice tech, but it is so heavily priced compared to its PC/Tablet equivalents. I have an IBM X41T, whilst not very powerful (P4) does everything I need, and it is both a laptop and a touchpad (screen swivels round and locks down).

My main system is a Quad core Intel with 4GB RAM and a gaming graphics card, it cost me £700 to build, the same specced Apple would cost in excess of £1500. Hell, I have had OS X running perfect on this thing, with a few "driver/kext" related tweaks.
edit on 10/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just curious if you have a source for that? I was just about to pre-order mine.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
and apple people wonder why the rest of the world shakes their head at them...

I mean, it has better graphics, a better cpu and a better camera... So?

IPAD2 was never struggling... i mean i never saw an app or a game say '' insufficient system resources ''

everything ran just fine...

but ill give it to apple.. they know how to convince idiots to hand over their cash during tough economic times for a gadget that really.. is no different from the one they already own.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

but ill give it to apple.. they know how to convince idiots to hand over their cash during tough economic times for a gadget that really.. is no different from the one they already own.

Perfectly sums up their religion!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
How much are they selling this one for? I can't believe people will toss away hundreds on cellphones and ipads and such

The price varies on whether or not you want 3G or wifi.
I can't see anybody tossing the older versions. When the last iphone 4S came out in october, new software updates came out for iphones. I updated my 3G and it does exactly what the latest iphone does, except no Siri. I'm not sure eveybody realises they can hget all the new cool features by just updating software.

So I have the icloud. I imagine this cloud thing is so everything you do is tracked and stored. It's handy but has privacy issues.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
"sold out world wide" ?

How many is that exactly, because I don't know one person that owns one, and quite honestly I can't recall the last time I saw anyone out in public using one.

When I can do everything on one of those, I can do on my laptop, then I'll consider purchasing one... until then.. why? What can you really do on them?

Are people just spending $700 to facebook and play angry birds on something with a screen that's bigger than their phone?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Because nobody can touch the technology apple uses in its Ipad. The smoothness, the interface, etc. Many wannabees, but nobody can top the Ipad as a product.

Who would buy it? Well, it literally has changed the way I use the internet. I don't use my bulky laptop anymore, I can simply lay in bed, download apps, play games, oh. . .and post on ATS. Without having this hulking laptop on my chest.

I don't get all of the I pad haters out there. It's tough being at the top I guess. . .

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
How many of those people even know the difference between the iFad 2 and the iFad 3?

The answer: Very few.
edit on 3/10/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Is this just speculation, or do you have a source OP?

It wouldn't suprise me, but I would like to know this is fact and not opinion

Off to Google i go, i guess...

<<   2  3 >>

join