It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36 pictures of before and after the tsunami in japan....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
mediagallery.usatoday.com...
These are very moving pictures,you will want to cry maybe....but they have a good message too........
There they are....My particular favourites are the new penthouse on the building...a tour boat.....
....the water comming over the sea wall...(i wonder if any of the boats made it against that current before being swept ashore....)
The before and after of the subdivision just left me with a sick feeling......kind of empty....and one set i cant talk about....
The Great patience and forbearance of the Japanese people is remarkable...the cleanup work looked so monumental, but the works getting done....
Now they must rethink, and rebuild half a country....as well as move a bunch of big ships back to the coast.....

How did they get that catamaran power criser off of that house without damaging the house.....now that is earthquake proof construction at its finest!
We can never underestimate the power of nature.....
PS sorry bout the commercial...but thats another whole thread................s
edit on 10-3-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The people of Japan, especially those in the areas hardest hit are to be commended. They have done an incredible job cleaning up the devastation. It is testimony to the resilience of the human spirit.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
These are really thought provoking. It's amazing how things can change so quickly.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
In the twinkling of an eye, worlds come crashing down...............
These people are heroes, every one of them......they are beyond reslient.....God Bless em..........

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Heres another segment of then and now from the BBC

these too show the agony and devastation the tsunami caused.....
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
When you see the Pics you should not forget that only Five % of this Disaster is cleaned up!

Many People think: Oh, Wow, that is so clean, so fast, etc.,
of course they done a great Job but 95% of this Debris is still there
and we have at least 38 big Mountains/ Fields where this Stuff is still processed,
they still look for genetic Material and they separate this Stuff for Wood, Plastic and Metals,
they want to burn only the Wood and the rest should get Recycled!

In the last Year many of this Mountains started to burn because of Self-Combustion,
this is really dangerous because you/ we cant extinguish this Fires,
i hope that we will find a way to reduce the dangers and imo. the best Opinion
is to burn this Stuff in Facilities with the right Filter than let this Stuff burn by them self,
uncontrolled and unfiltered

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

edit on 12-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join