It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A talk with God....Great read! Thoughts would be nice to hear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I found this really interesting read. If you have the time i do suggest you read it and share your thoughts. Did a search couldn't find anything. here is the first paragraph, if it grabs your attention visit the link. It is very interesting indeed. Makes me think who GOD really is.....

I met god the other day. I know what you’re thinking. How the hell did you know it was god? Well, I’ll explain as we go along, but basically he convinced me by having all, and I do mean ALL, the answers. Every question I flung at him he batted back with a plausible and satisfactory answer. In the end, it was easier to accept that he was god than otherwise. Which is odd, because I’m still an atheist and we even agree on that! It all started on the 8.20 back from Paddington. Got myself a nice window seat, no screaming brats or drunken hooligans within earshot. Not even a mobile phone in sight. Sat down, reading the paper and in he walks. What did he look like? Well not what you might have expected that’s for sure. He was about 30, wearing a pair of jeans and a “hobgoblin” tee shirt. Definitely casual. Looked like he could have been a social worker or perhaps a programmer like myself. ‘Anyone sitting here?’ he said. ‘Help yourself’ I replied. Sits down, relaxes, I ignore and back to the correspondence on genetic foods entering the food chain… Train pulls out and a few minutes later he speaks. ‘Can I ask you a question

Here is the link to the story...

www.thrivenotes.com...

edit on 10-3-2012 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11/3/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey ops
Harry is a good writer, isn't he.
You should go to his actual homepage, he has a few stories up (ufo's and the like).

I made a thread about this story sometime back here

I asked him to post it himself, but he told me he would rather someone else do it...not one for self promotion I guess. but ya...its been posted.

But if you like this writing style, go check out his other stuff here

I especially liked (this one and) resurrection (post singularity stuff). Both damn good reads!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Could you remove the underlining please. Makes it really hard to read.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

He definitely is a great writer. Is this story real though or just a work of fiction? I so want to believe it. but a long with a lot of things its hard to believe.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth

He definitely is a great writer. Is this story real though? I so want to believe it. but a long with a lot of things its hard to believe.

Wait, what? real?
No...Harry is a fiction philosopher. he has even amended this story to be more accurate to any new findings and stuff...it is meant simply as his interpretation of what a meeting of the deity would be like (he is an atheist btw).

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Huh. Well it seems so believable im so gullible so forgive me lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No one is truly an atheist i dont care how hard they try. Besides... believe it or not atheism is another religion God laughs at

Are we Agnostics and or have very little real faith... yes. Welcome to the club
edit on 10-3-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Huh. Well it seems so believable im so gullible so forgive me lol.

Yeah, it was really well written and quite believable, except the part about god sitting down and all.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Great post OP! Just finished reading it all. But he didn't ask the most important question. What happens when we die/Is death the end of our consciousness?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Who knows though...lol god can prolly do whatever he wants

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by signwearer

Exactly what i thought lol. I guess that proves its fake. Cuz that would have been my first ??

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Great read!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
No one is truly an atheist i dont care how hard they try. Besides... believe it or not atheism is another religion God laughs at

Are we Agnostics and or have very little real faith... yes. Welcome to the club
edit on 10-3-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

"God" laughs at atheism? How did you witness "god" laughing about it?

If anything, "god" would be laughing at folks who believe in any of the big three religions of the world. The big-3 religions are the undisputed KINGS of complete stupidity in which it doesnt even require a BRAIN to be part of.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He definitely is a great writer. Is this story real though or just a work of fiction? I so want to believe it. but a long with a lot of things its hard to believe.

It's complete fiction and it has been around for a long time , I read this years ago when the web was new back in the mid nineties .

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I dunno man, this sounds WAAY to realistic. Maybe he just called it a fiction just to not sound crazy. I admit it's not very likely but it is possible. Just look at this part:

The man:

I’m not sure I understand my part in this exercise. I just publish this conversation on the web and everything will be alright?’

God:

‘Not necessarily. Not that easy I’m afraid. To start with, who’s going to take this seriously? It will just be seen as a mildly amusing work of fiction. In fact, your words and indeed most of your work will not be understood or appreciated until some much more advanced scholars develop the ideas you are struggling to express and explain them somewhat more competently. At which point the ideas will be taken up en masse and searches will be undertaken of the archives. They will find this work and be struck by its prescience. You won’t make the Einstein grade, but you might manage John the Baptist!

This piece will have no significance whatsoever if humanity doesn’t make certain key advances in the next couple of centuries. And this won’t help you make those advances. What it will do is help you recognise them’

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What's the difference?

Everything you think of as "history" is only imaginary. It only exists in our minds and the pages of books. Everything you think of as "the future" is only imaginary, it only exists in our minds and it isn't very accurate there, because for many of us the very next moment may be our last. 1.8 people die every second, so each letter that I type is another person who was wrong about the future they were imagining.

So, I say again.... what's fiction and what's real? Only this very moment.. oops its already gone, I meant this moment is real. That last one is now fiction.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by signwearer
Great post OP! Just finished reading it all. But he didn't ask the most important question. What happens when we die/Is death the end of our consciousness?

Read it again. Even though he didn't ask the question, he did get the answer. Biological existence vs. thought vs. digital/technological existence. Thoughts never perish.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

food for thought

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP, fantastic stuff.
I believe it because I have seen him in deep meditation/sleep phase, sadly no conversation while looking at him. The conversation was days before and the main/strongest message, 'rely on yourself'. I swear I had fear in the truck loads and thought I might have a heart attack from it, but reassurance was constant, weather it was me or him/her and I eventually came out the other side.

Until I read this I was perhaps happy to continue just being because what I discovered was vast amounts of body/soul filling energy, but shied away from tapping into it (except for love of course Uh huh!), I don't even know if I can just because I want to, or weather I am allowed to. I don't want to be the cause of physical harm to anything, including my family.
The end result was faith in myself and that I would know when I needed to, doesn't stop me asking questions.
In stead of apprehension for the answers now I have curiosity in bucket loads!

He can be anywhere he wants to, so I don't doubt this story at all.

Thanks again for sharing it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This has been posted before on ats

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join