It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter and Venus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No doubt many of you saw how nice Jupiter and Venus looked tonight (March 10). Venus is spectacularly bright, and Jupiter is very bright close to it. This weekend, Venus shines to Jupiter's lower right, moving up on it day by day. On Monday evening (March 12) they'll appear to line up side-by-side, and on Tuesday evening (March 13), they will be separated by just 3 degrees (about the width of two fingers held out at arm's length), with Venus standing just above and to Jupiter's right. So, if any of you are interested in a beautiful sight, just look west after the sun has gone down. You will see the fantastic sight for a couple of hours after sunset. Venus is currently at mag -4.3 and Jupiter at -2.1.

Ahhh, what a beautiful sight

I have no doubt that some people will see weird things again, lol.....

edit on 10/3/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Hmmmmmmm am i missing something here???

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by krazyiven

Hmmmmmmm am i missing something here???

lol, sorry, pressed to soon, so only the subject was posted originally. Classic case of a PEBKAC ("Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair")
edit on 10/3/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This conjuction seems have to happened when Jesus was born, astronomers say, as the Bethlehem star shone so bright because they came together but in those days it was not recorded as this. They believed it was a giant star that was not seen on any other night but the day that Jesus was born. Astronomers believe it was in March as in the bible it says that the shepherds were in their fields when the angel came down to tell them about him. But even in modern days, shepherds only lie in the fields in March because of the lambing season, so it was not December but March that Jesus was born on.

Maybe Jesus' second coming is going to happen?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
This conjuction seems have to happened when Jesus was born, astronomers say, as the Bethlehem star shone so bright because they came together but in those days it was not recorded as this. They believed it was a giant star that was not seen on any other night but the day that Jesus was born. Astronomers believe it was in March as in the bible it says that the shepherds were in their fields when the angel came down to tell them about him. But even in modern days, shepherds only lie in the fields in March because of the lambing season, so it was not December but March that Jesus was born on.

Maybe Jesus' second coming is going to happen?

Actually john was born around march, and jesus was born in september

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What a sight! If only we would take the time and enjoy the natural beauty that is around us. I enjoyed seeing the two planets together in the sky -- shining brightly and in prominent view for all to see. No conspiracy, no question, just plain awesomeness.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So that is what that is.

I noticed it the past 2 nights when I was outside and couldn't figure out what stars they were.

Should have dawned on me that they were planets.

So the brighter one is Venus and Jupiter is the less bright one ?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here's a link to a picture of the two.

stardate.org...

Jupiter will stay on the left and Venus is on the right. Positions will change from one day to another. If you have a pair of binoculars you can observe some of Jupiter's moons as well.

link to a recent photo from 10 hours ago showing Jupiter and Venus
astrobob.areavoices.com...

Jupiter and it's moons as observed through binoculars.
10minuteastronomy.files.wordpress.com...
Note: The moons of Jupiter will shift position from one day to another as well. Astronomy magazine and other sources have up to date information if you want to know or you can look for the little dots or points of light around Jupiter and notice them shift position from night to night.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There are two stars/planets outside my window in perfect alignment right now. Is it Jupiter and Venus?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
weird, i thought mars looked extra nice last night

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

I suspect OP is just giving people the heads up before we get a procession of "OMG ARE THE STARS NORMAL" threads.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

... and Mars is just a couple of degrees higher, but not nearly as spectacular. Pity the 4 visible moons of Jupiter are not totally in a straight line now.... Would always remember my first view of Jupiter. Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto were in a perfect straight line. Took me a long time to realize that the visible moons of Jupiter were not always in a straight line. Took me even longer to realize that Venus actually has phases like the moon.

Lol, but if you think Jupiter is beautiful, just wait until you see Saturn through a telescope, and the magic of finally finding Uranus or Pluto through a telescope.... Well, Uranus is a definite, but Pluto is sort of a well, maybe, if I did the maths correctly, and the other stars I see at the same time correspond to the stars in the sky-atlas, then the odd one out must be Pluto, lol .....

edit on 12/3/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This conjuction seems have to happened when Jesus was born

Who is the Jesus person you speak of?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Looks pretty cool from here in Tucson...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
On our news they specially said 'this is Venus and Jupiter not to be confused with a UFO'. Well doh, I've studied Astronomy, I've been examined on the night sky, Ive observed, I wouldn't think this is anything like what some UFOs show.

Btw they were appearing so since 1.5 months ago, now they are just closer to each other, nothing I haven't seen. While now you can watch these two and the Pleiades and the galaxies at Orion, later you can see Mars and Saturn, Saturn in my constellation, oh I disregard astrology != astronomy, just saying.What was this about the shadow of the moon?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It was cloudy here tonight but I caught them the other night and they look like they are getting closer. Are there going to be any other planets that will join the party.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The other night I was hauling butt across the lake in a bass boat and had to stop and look at Venus because with the bouncing and all it looked like a massive UFO. It got smaller when I stopped and thanks to Google Sky I figured out what it was real quick. Last night while out walking the dog it was brighter than I have ever seen it. It look pretty cool above the crescent moon with Jupiter in the background.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lovecents

This conjuction seems have to happened when Jesus was born

Who is the Jesus person you speak of?

Your GOD, Kneel and ask for forgiveness you fool. J/K but ignorant (One Line) comments like that need to be kept to yourself.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Yes, it was really bright last night

top topics

join