It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Just some guy trying to impress her with his new ride. I do that kind of stuff, sometimes they get frightened.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am NOT doubting the story since i *think* you are more a reputable person here on the forum, but i have a problem with you telling you saw a helicopter where you were convinced it's about to crash and "flying erratically" up and down...and you did not immediately back off.

I guess the problem was your child was running towards the copter?

This is really a bizarre story since i am with the other guy stating that no sane pilot would risk his and others lives and do "silly" and dangerous maneuvers with a helicopter like this..unless it was really some kind of emergency. From what you described...you were actually surprised the copter didn't crash.

There could also be the possibility that you indeed witnessed some (dangerous) training and they were not even aware of your presence?

Anyway..if this is your land i think it's time to set some things straight....its odd they would use other people's property as training area...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by amongus

Is it not possible to be skeptical without flipping over the line into being rude?
Sure be a skeptic, I am, but at least give the poster the benefit of the doubt. More often then not, people post the truth from their perspective. Sometimes they just lack the knowledge of how to interpret what they have experienced.

Didn't think I was rude. If pointing out the truth is rude, then. . well. I'm sorry for pointing out the truth here on a place where we are told to deny ignorance. I've since sent the OP a PM explaining myself.

Then again, this is in the "gray area". So, I should be a little more tolerant and observant as to which forum this was posted in.
edit on 10-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Get a hand gun. Carry it with you. If they where trying to scare you scare them back. Here's a thread that should help.

first hand gun

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Then again, this is in the "gray area". So, I should be a little more tolerant and observant as to which forum this was posted in.

Just noticed that too. My bad. I'm surprised airfields arent open on weekends. Would think that's when most people would be flying.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I am NOT doubting the story since i *think* you are more a reputable person here on the forum, but i have a problem with you telling you saw a helicopter where you were convinced it's about to crash and "flying erratically" up and down...and you did not immediately back off.

I guess the problem was your child was running towards the copter?

This is really a bizarre story since i am with the other guy stating that no sane pilot would risk his and others lives and do "silly" and dangerous maneuvers with a helicopter like this..unless it was really some kind of emergency. From what you described...you were actually surprised the copter didn't crash.

There could also be the possibility that you indeed witnessed some (dangerous) training and they were not even aware of your presence?

Anyway..if this is your land i think it's time to set some things straight....its odd they would use other people's property as training area...

It seemed dangerous to me. Wreckless. Stupid.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by amongus

Just noticed that too. My bad. I'm surprised airfields arent open on weekends. Would think that's when most people would be flying.

I got answering machines at all of them. If you would like the numbers you can call them too.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Even so much as brandishing a weapon at an aircraft will get you some serious time behind bars. I do not recommend doing this at all. People have gotten serious time for pointing lasers at aircraft to try and scare them out of the area. You have no rights over the airspace above your land anymore then you do the minerals below it, water passing through it, or any easements on your land.

When you consider that the helicopter was doing perfectly legal training maneuvers, most likely over land that was annexed/owned by an airport, and leased to a farmer, what right do you have to try and enforce some type of personal version of justice on those pilots?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by jlafleur02

When you consider that the helicopter was doing perfectly legal training maneuvers, most likely over land that was annexed/owned by an airport, and leased to a farmer, what right do you have to try and enforce some type of personal version of justice on those pilots?

While I agree with the general message of this post I just wanted to clarify that the land is mine.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Solar flare affects?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

This happened about twenty minutes ago.

You mean your ordeal with the helicopter happened 20mins. before you posted?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
While I agree with the general message of this post I just wanted to clarify that the land is mine.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that.
Many people don't understand that airports are required to own a certain amount of empty land. That land does not necessarily have to be physically connected to the airport itself, but it must be free of structures. What they do is rent that land to farmers. This land is then used in case they ever have to ditch an aircraft.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
glad your okay , that would be very stressful situation , with all sorts of emotions running through you . Being with your child , and having the danger feeling , only increases that. For a women , even more . I can understand why the numbers on the plane would be last thing on your mind. It is kinda hard when your heart is going a million miles a minute .

Maybe call up some news agencys up , tell them your story , somebody , might call in and be like hey ! it was us , sorry about that bob just spilled his coffee , on his lap . and took a nose dive

Sounds like a scene right out of a movie , glad you and little guy are okay . Great story to tell , down the generations !
\

best thing to do in helicopter attack is duck lol , unless they suicidel , they won't risk that low.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Did you see my post with the directoy to FAA FSDO offices?

They will be in on Monday.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yes I have it saved and will get in touch with them.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wonder what expression the pilot had on his face? Was he smiling? If he was only 15 feet away It seems you could see his expression.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Black helicopters in the sky...

Boom boom ch.

Seriously, though... paranoia getting the best of you?

helicopters dont kill people, people kill people.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Where was your rifle? I take it you live in the states...

If it did that to me I'd start taking pot shots at it.
edit on 10-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Rouge military types are not unusual

What shade of rouge are these military types?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join