It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you know your gps position of your home head on to google earth. Punch in your area and at a circle of about 500-700 km circle to your map. You should see some form of local airport if not, then you have a rich neighbor.

maps.google.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Sounds like you saw a Robinson R22 helicopter, most popular US made helicopter, with an engine outage due to fuel starvation, since you saw it twice sequentially.

The Robinson R22 helicopters have an FAA Airworthiness Directive (AD) 98-21-09 to repair the fuel tank fittings due to a reported incident in which the flexible vent connecting the rigid vent tube to the main fuel tank kinked, resulting in fuel starvation and a hard landing after uncommanded engine shutdown. The actions specified by this AD are intended to prevent fuel starvation, loss of engine power, and a subsequent forced landing.

Helicopter pilots do practice no-power landings using 'auto-rotation' techniques in case of engine power loss, but they do it at remote locations away from structures or mammals on property that they have prior permission.

In the USA, aircraft are exempt from trespassing laws since they must come down. They are just responsible for damage. They do have 500-1500 foot minimum keep-away distances from ground objects, persons, animals, etc., depending upon location altitude and visual range.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Shotgun with a deer slug should do the trick , how many people were in the copter ?

I couldn't see, wasn't thinking of that, the sun was facing it and it all happened so freaking fast.

Is there any chance it was just some idiot out of control that was putting his flight instructor thru a stress test ?

Did his rotor blades ever come close to hitting the ground ?

It seems very odd that someone would purposely terrorize you with a helicopter , unless you are some kind do Gov agent working with secret squirll and morocco moal

I think anything is possible, so sure. It was SO CLOSE to the ground I don't see how it could not have crashed. I've never seen a helicopter fly that way, EVER.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't think you should worry, the pilots propably got a good luagh scaring you

As a kid i was on vacation with my shcool on an island in the baltic sea.

I did a lot of fishing while i was there.

One day i was standing at the shore trying to catch some fish, and when i looked out over the sea i noticed a boat in the distance, i thought thats a funny looking boat, but quikcly realised that was not a boat, that was a F16 fighter jet, and it was comming right towards me.

It all happened in a flash and i had no time to react, the jet comming closer and then he pulled up right in front of me, and flew over my head, while doing half a barrelroll.
Then came the sound, an amazing roar like a bomb hit me, and i was in complete awe, and deaf

He came back a long the coast and made a full barrelroll, like he was showing that he knew i was there, and disapeard in the sky.

THAT IS THE COOLEST THING I CAN REMEMBER FROM MY CHILDHOOD

Mean but awesome, and i think you just experienced something like it

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Here's a video of a student flying a R-22 without their instructor. Is this the type of copter you saw? And after seeing this video I'm inclined to agree with GEL that it was a newbie to flying. Maybe some rancher as mentioned above wants to learn to fly so he can hunt from the air? I live in Texas too and I gotta say ranchers are some of the craziest people I have ever met. I wouldn't put it past them to buy one, ship it out to the ranch and just jump right in without instructions.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I don't know how to embed this video, would someone post it for me? Thanks,

STM

edit on 3/10/2012 by seentoomuch because: clarification
that was one really a dumb thing to do,did the guy think because he could afford to buy the helicopter that he could automatically fly it?He very lucky he didn't kill himself.

I agree with the other posters that said to call around to try and identify who's copter it was,I'm sure there's a record of it somewhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Worth a go, they may have been on a navigation exercise? It's possible.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Of course they are sick yet do not represent the honorable and good folk in the military
I am so sorry you experienced this
This is just not right

A BLUE military helicopter? Reading through the thread I thought OP to say she has frequently seen military helicopters, but she did not say THIS helicopter was military. Have you ever seen a blue military helicopter? I've seen olive green, silver, and white (Coast Guard) military helicopters, but never blue. Let's not jump to comnclusions here that the military is involved.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's easy to embed a you tube video. Just copy the number past the v=, hit VID: Youtube and paste the number in.

This guy is totally clueless, obviously. Military pilots have the best training in the world, another clue that the one chasing the OP was not military.
edit on 3/10/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ok this is definitely most like it.

Just to reiterate, I have called all the air fields and researched flight schools which don't appear to be in my area. I guess due to it being the weekend there is no one there to answer the phone, I have a list of places to call on monday and intend to file a complaint with the FAA. Im getting around to those videos ps.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A bell 206 Jet Ranger.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bell Helicopter is an American rotorcraft manufacturer headquartered in Hurst, Texas,

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think your idea of the FAA complaint is a good one. There will be resources made available that exceed what any of us can do from behind our computer screens, anonymously.

If it was a Jet Ranger, then this is indeed a puzzling event. The Jet Ranger has always been my favorite civilian chopper.....(although there are military versions, too) ....just something about its lines are appealing to me. It has a good safety record, too. (In terms of mechanical failure rates....not including pilot error incidents)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Most like this

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I clicked on this topic only because of the strange helicopter movements in IL recently. I swear there are black helicopters (silent too) hovering over streets and one looked like it might be crashinig, but we saw it fly back up... Boggled here too. SW Suburbs of Chicago

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What you need to do is find the nearest air control terminal. This will have all the information on anyone who is flying around in your area. If there was only the one helicopter, then it should be an easy catch. Get the info and let the police do the rest. So sorry to hear about this. Glad you and your kid are okay. Hopefully you can get the [snip].
edit on 11-3-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

It depends.

If the helicopter was VFR, with no Flight Plan of any kind, and if it didn't operate from an airport with a Control Tower then....no, will be harder to ascertain its identity.

But, the local FAA FSDO office will be able to help.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So what time did this happen? What time did you contact the police? I wouldn't be surprised if the pilots came and apologized. Recklessly flying a machine that expensive (even the little ones are 60k + used) doesn't make sense. Add me to the list of people that think inexperience or issues with crew/mechanical functioning. I get uncomfortable close to helicopters (never even been that close) and if one was just buzzing a field I'd run away from it too. Possible that you were scared and the incident seemed more dangerous in your head than it really was? Not trying to discount what you saw and are feeling, just want to clear up the most reasonable explanations first. I think that there are 100 easier ways to kill someone that don't involve a helicopter.

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Did you call any local airfields and report it? Any local flight schools? There are avenues to take.....

I just dont understand the huge leap to attempted murder....
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

No, but she DID. . apparently 20 minutes after this terrifying event where she thought her and her children's lives were threatened. . .decide to start a thread on ATS that had to have taken at least ten minutes to type out.

THIS is NOT meant to troll. . .im just saying. For christs sake, being in front of my computer typing out a few paragraphs would be the last thing I'd do. I'd be checking with local airports, drive around and try to find the copter.

The other thing I dont understand is that the incident happened. The OP says "it happened about 20 minutes ago". But yet the police had time to come and take her statement in between the incident and her posting on ATS?

Sorry OP. . . some people make up stories to get stars and flags. Im not buying it.

You are so petrified, yet you post a thread on ATS shortly afterwards. I don't get it. . .but then again, maybe I'm wired differently.

Edit to add: Correction, the OP had time to run for her life, THEN get in her car and drive (where, how long). Then call 911. Then wait for the police to get there. Then give a statement. Then calm her kids down from this event. Then drive home because she had been out driving. Then log on to ATS (instead of calling friends or family, or doing ANY sort of local research FIRST) and posts a huge thread. Oh, all of this happened in 20 Minute time frame.

BS
edit on 10-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Jeez, bad enough trying to scare an adult let alone a child. I would try to find out what [snip] did this and make sure if it is military, they're punished and have them pay for terrifying innocent civilians.

edit on 11-3-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Even if the aircraft was VFR (Visual Flight Rules) it should be equiped with a Transponder. With an altitude encoder. Not sure about USA but you have to have this on in AUS if going anywhere near controlled airspace. It gives details of the aircraft type, rego, height and speed in an electronic bleep/squawk format to air traffic control. Thus the little ping or blip you see on air traffic controls radar screens is seen. If he had this on, which he may have, there will be a record of this aircraft at that time in the area?? We hope?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

apparently 20 minutes after this terrifying event

Ha ha. I missed that part. I was already highly skeptical and now am calling complete shenanigans. I think OP perhaps saw a low flying chopper and thought of a good story.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join