It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Oh so you want to nitpick my posts OK.

Yeah so I didn't mention his co-pilot big deal (next).

Not sure exactly if it was a F14, F15 or a F16 they all look the same to me, All I know it was a F-something (next).

I saw out of the passenger side of the vehicle it was doing maneuvers a couple miles out and seconds later it's in my face, so yeah I was surprised, wouldn't you be?? (next).

Your video's prove what, that I am lying?? You're forgetting that I was moving 60+mph and not stationary and the jet that crossed my path that was doing whatever speed it was doing. So you have a combination of turbulence (next).

I was only posting a experience I once had years and years ago that seemed relevant to discussion at hand, as things like this does happen! Like the post from the OP. Instead I got called a liar for whatever reason right off the bat and wrapped up into a stupid roundabout debate with you, if I was exaggerating or if really did see the pilot, or if I even seen a jet at all! What a bunch of BS. I really don't gotta prove jack to you. So far the only thing anyone gets out of this, is that you are a troll. You have no concept or understanding whatsoever. This will be my last post to you. My apologies to the OP and others.
edit on 18-3-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I can see this happening both the helo and the jet since I have heard the pilots in my squadron laughing and joking about doing # like this to civilians on the beach in Norfolk VA when I was station there with squadron HM-14 Any one wanting to check, it is a helicopter mine Countermeasures squadron, one of only two in the United States Navy, so DON'T say it doesn't happen!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
She took her ball and went home?

I was behind her all this time.

After a week, I'm throwing a flag and calling bs.

Well that sucks. Thanks Val.

I knew she was lying from the start,Im thinking she has an attention disorder...look at me...look at me type.
Not a very pleasant poster to be honest.She did not seem to give a damn about her thread within 5 mins.

If this was my site she would be ,banned for 2 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface

I knew she was lying from the start,Im thinking she has an attention disorder...look at me...look at me type.
Not a very pleasant poster to be honest.She did not seem to give a damn about her thread within 5 mins.

If this was my site she would be ,banned for 2 years.

Won't happen because she's a female poster.As I said in a previous post this was made up and she was looking for either attention or stars.This thread is a perfect example of what is wrong with ATS.Yet the ones who question them are the ones who are warned...But you can make a thread that's complete bs and continue to post...This should be tossed in the hoax bin.
edit on 19-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Uhhh just reading the op you should've 'thrown a flag". Took you a week to realize it was BS?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie0827
I can see this happening both the helo and the jet since I have heard the pilots in my squadron laughing and joking about doing # like this to civilians on the beach in Norfolk VA when I was station there with squadron HM-14 Any one wanting to check, it is a helicopter mine Countermeasures squadron, one of only two in the United States Navy, so DON'T say it doesn't happen!

I've known several children who were severely traumatised by very low flying jets. Their speech and behaviour for a long time afterwards showed how damaged they were. As I've mentioned earlier one of the travellers living on Shaftesbury Drove threw a hand axe at a low flying jet and hit it. In your opinion would the pilot have had time to eject if the axe had entered the engine? The jets repeatedly flew the length of the drove in an obvious example of the disgusting child abuse you describe here. I think it's very important to bring down jets and helicopters that are behaving in this manner so the jokers know they will die for their crimes against innocent children.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

hell yeah. once is enough. I would make it clear that fun is not to be had with me.
I would not stop at a rifle. I would invest in something homemade and more powerful. It is quite a sight to see a homemade rocket go shooting past you.

If they are messing with you, I would be vigilant. I wouldn't try and shoot them down with a homemade rocket. That would be almost impossible. Just get their attention and have them land to investigate. Then I would sabotage their helicopter and hide.

If it becomes a habit get some help and organize a response action from your neighbors. Use non-electronic signals. Visible or audible warning system to alert them.

I am sorry to say that if they do it again and again you need to respond in kind or move. If it becomes an ordeal they will get in trouble for they will just move on. You make it like you will bend over and take it and they will hone in on you.

I hope it was just nothing and was in passing. If not, defend your home and child, or move.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Any updates or have we all realized this was a hoax?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I call shenanigans on this entire thread..... Where's the police report????? Where's the evidence??? Really just picked up went home and posted on here?

hmmm shenanigans!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Next time a Helo is chasing you....

Try this maneuver;

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kester
As I've mentioned earlier one of the travellers living on Shaftesbury Drove threw a hand axe at a low flying jet and hit it.

Where I come from that is what we call "bollocks"
edit on 19/3/12 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
67 flags and countless stars for the OP, and she doesn't even have the respect to keep us updated.

Did the helicopter come back and finish the job?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
May have been trying to draw fire(get shot at)to provoke a gun control incident.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

I hadn't considered that. I'd better withdraw my 'chain in the rotors' suggestion. I don't want to get tasered, handcuffed and beaten to a pulp every time I lock my bike up outside the village shop.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister

Originally posted by Kester
As I've mentioned earlier one of the travellers living on Shaftesbury Drove threw a hand axe at a low flying jet and hit it.

Where I come from that is what we call "bollocks"
edit on 19/3/12 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

Have you ever seen a fluke shot that is so extraordinary you have difficulty believing what you just saw? One of our local gun shop owners has a scar under his left eye to remind him that a ricochet can have almost supernatural accuracy. Of course you're free to choose what you think is possible.

During the first world war fabric covered biplanes were flown low over the opposing forces trenches to spy on the troops. As the planes flew along the trenches the men below would throw rocks at them. Bullets made neat little holes in the fabric but rocks ripped big holes in them and sometimes brought them down. Whatever the speed of the aircraft, if they're low enough there is a chance an object thrown by hand will connect.

I've had two RAF jets pass so close I could smell the exhaust after they'd gone. To be fair to those two pilots I was in the middle of a saddle between two peaks and they came up one valley, over the ridge and down the other valley. Training is one thing, using a flying machine to frighten children is child abuse.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
As good a place as any to make my first post.

I am a pilot, and as a pilot I would like to be able to say that a fellow pilot would NEVER do anything as awful as what you are describing , however I really cannot. There might be a real jerk out there who would think this was funny.

It sounds to me like you came across a student pilot/instructor doing maneuvers. They saw you, and decided it would be good fun to mess with you. Not discounting your experience, but sometimes certain maneuvers can look very dangerous or "out of control" or "about to crash" to a non pilot, when in fact, it's a basic maneuver that all pilots are taught and can perform. Combine that with the aircraft coming at you, and the whole experience could certainly seem like someone was trying to kill you. I think you were the victim of someones sick sense of humor. Though I have to say, when looking at it from a pilots point of view, could it be that the pilot thought you and your child were watching the maneuvers and enjoying it and the pilot got a wild hair and decided to really give your kiddo a thrill? And what they thought of as "engaging" your child personally, you mistook as them trying to kill you?

Going back to the idea that it was malicious,I would be looking for that aircraft if I were you. I dont' know where you live, but depending on where you are, it might not be that hard to track this aircraft down. I tried to read through all the posts, but might have missed it, but I think you decided that it was a Bell Jetranger? that was after you? While you didn't get it's tail number, it sounds like you saw enough of it that if you saw it again you'd recognise it. Because it sounds like what you were describing was a pilot going through certain sets of maneuvers, I'd check with flight schools first. There can't be THAT many where you are, at least I'm guessing so anyway. If there are only a few, or less, maybe just one in your area, I would go to their location and watch for the helicopter that came after you.

Flight schools and their owners/instructors /students are "tight" places, even if the person on the phone were stunned and apalled at your story, I wouldn't count on anyone telling you on the phone "Oh yeah, that was my helicopter ". They have too much to lose by admitting to such idiotic behavior. I worked at a flight school for a while and I know the instructors used to do things with aircraft that they weren't authorized to do, even if it were as simple as doing zero gravity stunts or going out and doing field landings with a girl they were trying to impress.

Pilots will often joke around with people or objects (boats, barges, cars)on the ground, and usually it is well recieved by all the parties involved. I can say that strafing runs on river barges are particularly fun. (no guns involved). Military aircraft will often fly extremely low and fast over certain areas near military bases ( death valley comes to mind), but it is well known and people actually park in these areas hoping to get a personal "fly by". I myself have been inside aircraft when such antics were going on, but never have I witnessed or been a part of anything involving a mother and child or :just a person" in general, especially where it involved a helicopter. I guess it's possible that the pilot thought that you and your child were watching and enjoying their maneovers and the pilot tried to give you a more personal show which you mistook as an attack?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFoxToo
I guess it's possible that the pilot thought that you and your child were watching and enjoying their maneovers and the pilot tried to give you a more personal show which you mistook as an attack?

It's good to see an informed viewpoint.

My brother-in-law was talking to his boss when the local nasty piece of work dropped by with a question. To attract their attention this character shot a scrap oil tank they were standing in front of. It was his idea of a joke. You have to understand that not everyone finds it amusing to have loud, fast objects passing close by, however in control you think you are. If people always had the control they imagine there wouldn't be so many fatal accidents.

I think it's excellent that this thread has shown what a high proportion of us will take robust defensive action against those who find it amusing to put innocent lives at risk for fun. Something to think about when you're flying.

Something else you might like to think about is the oil industry's lack of effective decommissioning abilities or intentions. Many wells supposedly sealed are leaking, many rigs and pipelines will never be removed in spite of the salesman's assurances during the planning stages. Those who burn oil for fun are responsible for a great deal of the demand that has led to this dreadful inheritance so rudely left to future generations. Thinking about this issue requires effort. Are you up to it?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Not to discount the scare factor but I'm sure if the pilot wanted you dead, you would not be alive now. Sounds either like a pilot in trouble or maybe someone messing around as suggested.
edit on 24-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Well it is all in the details, and if you keep changing them well then....you know.

The fact that you were moving at 60 mph makes it even more unbelievable that it would pass exactly in front of your car, and the vids I posted show that ground turbulance is almost absent, regardless if the ground object is moving or not.

Why am I a troll if I question your story based on the details you provided yourself. Seems the OP is a HOAX too, and I called that one too. You have changed your details 3 times, seems like you are trolling here, or at least exxagerating.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If the story sounds too much like something from a bad movie, it likely is a fake tale from an attention seeker, this story was just too fantastic, I didn't believe if from reading the title I was already prepared for an exaggerated hoax job, didn't disappoint.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join