It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That is a cool story. Pilots always have cool stories. About the title of this thread, it is stupid. Nobody tried to kill anybody. No way.

Where are you from, the planet ignoramus?

Did you not read her description of what occurred?

The idiots in that helicopter buzzed her and her child. The jackass idiot occupants of that helicopter should be dealt with as harshly as possible. I hope they are identified and incarcerated for a good long period of time.

You plainly lack all ability to comprehend her well stated description of the incident.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Just some thoughts...first...glad you are OK. First, carry a camera or phone with a camera. Second, get two 2x4s and cut them to about 12 inches long each. A cable would be best, but rope will work...about 4 feet long...nail, screw or secure it between the 2x4s forming a capital letter "I". Now carry it around holding the two 2x4 pieces together and be prepared to throw it...and aim high...the rotors blow down. If you are high, it should be sucked into the blades.

Good luck

i really can't believe people are suggesting bringing a massive machine down that would have to be close enough to throw something at it. they don't come straight down when they crash (at least not all the time). this endangers the lives of everyone near the copter. it could explode and/or it could twist the rotors and make it head right for her.

The advantage is for future situations, involving other people obviously, pilots would have to consider the possible consequences instead of thinking they could get away with intimidation. It's like smacking a dog that snaps at a visitor.

In this case two older men where trying to impress 13 and 14 year old girls. One pilot was doing loops while the other flew in horizontal circles, absolutely against regulations in those circumstances. The wing of one caught the tail of the other. There was evidence suggesting one of the men bailed out leaving the girl in there. Typical of the sort of inadequate RAF types who think being in control of an aircraft is thrilling. They're not all like that, I hope. Perhaps there's one on ATS who can speak for his corner. This had quite an effect on the British publics perception of what goes on when RAF guys take young girls up in aircraft. Behaviour improved following this event.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Similarly bringing down a rogue helicopter pilot is worth the sacrifice if it improves the general quality of flying. If I seem a little extreme bear in mind I've spent a lot of time walking in remote parts of Britain and I've seen RAF pilots behave in a disgusting way several times.

If you're going to learn to fly probably best to wait for your instructor.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Kester because: correction

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
so yea, like everybody in the site, they give each other a hard time on debunking topics. i posted a comment about arnold and the opposite about what he said in the movie. (predator) funny haha. until it happens to you right ? lets say within 5 minutes or so after posting the comment, whats hovering outside my house? yep it was a chopper. no lie . this site is about truth. if you put anything on here that isnt truth, then your a jerk. so, truth behold, a chopper is just hovering outback. mind you, im in suburbia; outside philly area. what is a chopper hovering outside around 9-10pm (3-11-12) in the suburbs. i didnt notice a search light, so i was assuming it wasnt a police chopper. im not taking that out of the possibilities though. logic points it would be them, but its just hovering there, no search lights. AND just after posting an ignorant comment. things happen for reasons. answers are not always there, but atleast you see that there is a question.
: lol:
: lol:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MANtheLAUGHING

Have you got your length of 'freedom chain' handy?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is pretty funny some peoples responses. I read one that stated you don't have to be an expert to fly a helicopter and a couple others that noted it may be someone who don't know how to fly that stole it and was joy riding........

yeah, you DO need to be trained to fly one and a joy riding person very probably couldn't get one off the ground.

Just because someone flew one on a video game isn't quite the same thing.

A helicopter is far, far harder to fly than a plane.

I say so, because I know so. take it from one who flies.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by amongus

Is it not possible to be skeptical without flipping over the line into being rude?
Sure be a skeptic, I am, but at least give the poster the benefit of the doubt. More often then not, people post the truth from their perspective. Sometimes they just lack the knowledge of how to interpret what they have experienced.

Didn't think I was rude. If pointing out the truth is rude, then. . well. I'm sorry for pointing out the truth here on a place where we are told to deny ignorance. I've since sent the OP a PM explaining myself.

Then again, this is in the "gray area". So, I should be a little more tolerant and observant as to which forum this was posted in.
edit on 10-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Actually you judged her before even giving her time to reply to your questions...

So yeah you were rude...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This probably isn't the guy but it might have been someone copycatting this kind of flying. In any case this is probably similar to what the OP saw. Apologies if it has been posted already.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
isn't there a fiction forum on BTS ?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
... Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....

NEW YORK (CBS) Joseph Andrew Stack, the man the FBI believes crashed a small plane into an Austin office complex out of anger at the IRS, may have left a disturbing online manifesto in which he ranted against the IRS, the Catholic Church, tax loopholes, bailouts and his own sorry state of affairs.

www.cbsnews.com...

Never is a strong word.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think approaching the helicopter while the pilot was obviously having problems is not smart.

If you had a gun, what would you have done? What would you have told police? That you saw a helicopter in distress, ran after it, then started shooting?

That makes no sense. It reminds me of Portland Police and their favorite pastime of running in front of moving cars and shooting the drivers to death because the officer put himself in danger. Great way to earn a paid vacay, though...

You should have protected your child by not going after a wayward aerial vehicle.

And certainly, the pilot of that heli was a total dummy.

I think both sides have a lot to learn in this case.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

If you had a gun, what would you have done? What would you have told police? That you saw a helicopter in distress, ran after it, then started shooting?

Reminds me of the lone sailor asleep on his boat. Heard splashing and looked out to see a huge man climbing onboard. Middle of the night in an area known for occasional pirate attacks. Sailor said if he'd had a gun he would have used it. Big guy then says, "You help me please?" He was a fisherman whose boat had sunk, he'd been swimming for hours and by a miracle found the boat.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
A helicopter is far, far harder to fly than a plane.

It's kind of like trying to pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time.

There's a good chance the pilot didn't even see the OP. You're not looking for people in what you think is an empty field.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inous
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Sorry to hear about your story. I have been flying in the Navy as an aircrewman for about 5 years now. The military's arsenal of helicopters is limited to about 10. I'll post pics of all the main military helicopters and hopefully you can identify one of them. Also I looked through the thread and saw a lot of Civilian pictures of helicopters. I saw one diagram of helo's but take a look at these. Hope this helps.....

Based on your picture I i'm thinking these first few are the closest to it.

KIOWA OH-58

AH-6 little Bird

AH-Z1

AH-64

MH-60S (top) / PAVEHAWK (bottom)

MH-46

MH-53

Hey funny story - That MH-60S (Number #24) - That's from HSC-3. I've worked on that on actual aircraft!
Where did you get that picture? Good memories!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
ever consider the possability what you saw was a ufo camaflagued to look like a helicopter? We have similiar incidents happen to us at skinwalker ranch. the truth of the matter is the occupants are not human and it flies like no known conventional helicopter.

heres a photo i took of one... these will buzz your head and act very aggresively towards the viewer.

You are claiming THAT is a UFO camouflaged to look like a helicopter?!?
Come on now......don't put those ideas in her head!
edit on March 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
ever consider the possability what you saw was a ufo camaflagued to look like a helicopter? We have similiar incidents happen to us at skinwalker ranch. the truth of the matter is the occupants are not human and it flies like no known conventional helicopter.

heres a photo i took of one... these will buzz your head and act very aggresively towards the viewer.

you've got to be f'ing kidding me.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I will merely state again that I felt our lives were threatened, if it bothers you so much then change it to "I feel like a Helicopter tried to kill me and my son". Jesus Christ.

I understand this was directed at another poster and forgive my response but I felt it prudent. First, I am sorry you and your wee one had such a frightening ordeal.

Second, someone was in control or not in control of the helicopter in this case. Ie: it's not the helicopter, it's the person driving. So whoever was flying the chopper was responsible and although it is possible whoever it was intentionally made a beeline for you in the field, it is more than likely it was a teacher and student in a private lesson that went awry. We are simply offering alternatives to alleviate your fear and anger, if not your outrage. As the thread was posted, people are offering opinions and points of view which is the point of forum posting in the first place. Not everyone who responds is a troll or has any ill intent toward yourself or your thread. To speak to someone as above though, who was simply offering suggestions as to what may have happened is a little uncalled for.

I hope everything has settled down for you now.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I haven't read past page 2, but I am declaring you a drama queen.

There are people 2 pages in, asking for info so they can help you FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED.

Description? Base? Area? This will be VERY easy to track down... The FAA keeps very close count of aircraft in the air. I hope as I read, you listened to green and calmed down and thought rationally.

Then, any rational person telling you to take a step back, deep breath... The situation sounded equally as traumatic for the people in the helo.

I'm have tempted to call BS on this, but will read the rest and make a conclusion.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Holy crap, that guy is insane

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My first thought was pilot had a heart attack/stroke/aneurysm/etc.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So, any update on the story?
edit on 11-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join